Catamaran at Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Catamaran at Pearl

Postby Epicure3 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi everyone! We are going to Pearl for the first time this January. Was wondering how popular the catamaran sail is. Looks like fun. Does it go everyday?
Thanks.
J&J
SDC: Epicure3
Epicure3
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2019

Re: Catamaran at Pearl

Postby TandD » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 am

I would say the catamaran is not that popular. In our five days there just gone by, I didn't see it leave the dock and have rarely seen it gone during any of our other trips.

It doesn't have a set schedule. It goes when people request a trip. I'm not sure if there is a minimum number of people required or what. Interestingly, we saw a young guy who I'm sure was associated with the dive shop/catamaran cruise just casually walking around the pool area with a clipboard. It's like he was walking around waiting for people to stop him and ask him about either diving or sailing or whatever but he was not making any attempt to talk to people. In the past, the head guy (Adolfo?) would come around and strike up a conversation and work in an easy, no pressure sales pitch. This new guy needs practice!

Even as an avid sailor, I have no interest the catamaran cruise. I know that plenty of people have enjoyed it but I've also heard lots of people who wish they hadn't done it. The boat is not that big so if the seas are up, it can get uncomfortable. There also isn't a lot of shade on the boat so there is that to consider as well.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby NCVETTE » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:43 pm

we have done it 3 times now and love it! one thing we learned last trip was to try for afternoon cruise, the sunset on the way back is stunning!
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 07 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby rykerw1701 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:05 am

We did it last July and had a lot of fun. It's a great way to get to know other guests.
rykerw1701
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 0- 8-2016

Postby Florian » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:14 pm

We stayed at Riviera Maya two years ago and did the cruise. The people on board is probably what makes the trip And we had about five or six couples on board, all great people so the day was great. Definitely looking to do it again during our stay at pearl next month.
Florian

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 14 Jan 2018

Postby Epicure3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Yes. We'll see if we can make some new friends who might want to go next week out of Pearl.
SDC: Epicure3
Epicure3
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Jan 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl