Room question

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Room question

Postby Screamincheetah » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 pm

We've been multiple times... Going back in two weeks and hoping for some room location info. I've looked at all existing posts and can't find these answers:

1. When looking at the buildings, there's a part that juts out so balconies are flush to the front (180 degree views). Are these rooms all suites (master or junior)?

2. Any way to know room number/building/location? I know this has been asked many times and I believe the answer is no. I know which number groups are in which building but not their location in the building. I don't think this exists, but with asking.

3. Having asked all of that... If we're looking for upper level, beach view in Shell, do you have room number suggestions?

Thank you! :)

P.S... Yes, we're officially in the obsessing about every detail part of the planning timeline.
C4P: wewantyouinkc
KIK: wewantyouinkc

June '13 - Pearl
June '14 - RM
Dec. '15 - Pearl
Dec. '17 - Pearl
July '19 - Pearl
March '21 - PEARL!!
Screamincheetah
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Mar 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Re: Room question

Postby SeaSandPool » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 pm

This map from transat is pretty good

- SeaSandPool
- S & C
SeaSandPool
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Aug 2018

Postby CokeMann » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:59 am

Here is one I prepared for one of our Sept group trips to Pearl, it shows the general layout of Pearl and what room#s are in each building as well as which room #s are in which room category
- click on either thumbnail image for a full size version

CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby wbski85 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 am

Screamincheetah wrote:We've been multiple times... Going back in two weeks and hoping for some room location info. I've looked at all existing posts and can't find these answers:

1. When looking at the buildings, there's a part that juts out so balconies are flush to the front (180 degree views). Are these rooms all suites (master or junior)?

2. Any way to know room number/building/location? I know this has been asked many times and I believe the answer is no. I know which number groups are in which building but not their location in the building. I don't think this exists, but with asking.

3. Having asked all of that... If we're looking for upper level, beach view in Shell, do you have room number suggestions?

Thank you! :)

P.S... Yes, we're officially in the obsessing about every detail part of the planning timeline.

Great questions. We're in same predicament.

Going for 3rd time next year and wondering if anyone can help us identify the category/two room numbers in Seahorse Villa on main floor closest to and directly in front of the pool. These are the ground level rooms you can walk directly out to the pool via the patio and they each have a bed on the patio as well. We stayed 1 level up last year but want to try main floor next time.

Last year, while we sunbathed by the pool, we witnessed a couple makeout on the bed in plain view. This really broke the ice for my wife. Right after, we headed back to our 2nd floor room in Seahorse and she immediately dragged me out to the balcony where she gave me a BJ. She then invited me to f**k her, which I gladly obeyed. This was a first for both of us out in the open. But not having a bed on our patio made things a little awkward.

Perhaps if we can get the exact numbers for those two rooms we can request it. Hope someone can help :D
wbski85
Desire Superstar

Postby Vass314 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 am

wbski85 wrote:Going for 3rd time next year and wondering if anyone can help us identify the category/two room numbers in Seahorse Villa on main floor closest to and directly in front of the pool. These are the ground level rooms you can walk directly out to the pool via the patio and they each have a bed on the patio as well. We stayed 1 level up last year but want to try main floor next time.

I believe they are Junior Suites ## 33, 34.
Vass314
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 02 Nov 2023

Postby TandD » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Vass314 wrote:
wbski85 wrote:Going for 3rd time next year and wondering if anyone can help us identify the category/two room numbers in Seahorse Villa on main floor closest to and directly in front of the pool. These are the ground level rooms you can walk directly out to the pool via the patio and they each have a bed on the patio as well. We stayed 1 level up last year but want to try main floor next time.

Yep. We just were in 34 which is right in front of the pool volleyball net. The only problem with the bed is that if it rains, it gets soaked.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby wbski85 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 pm

TandD wrote:
Vass314 wrote:

Yep. We just were in 34 which is right in front of the pool volleyball net. The only problem with the bed is that if it rains, it gets soaked.

Thanks folks. We're going to request those rooms.
wbski85
Desire Superstar

Postby wbski85 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:41 pm

TandD wrote:
Vass314 wrote:

One last question. Which one is Suite #33 and which is #34 when looking directly from the pool?
wbski85
Desire Superstar

Postby TandD » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 am

34 is closer to Aphrodite than 33. So, walking into the building from the path, you go down about 3 steps and down the short hall. 34 is on your right and 33 is on the left. Looking back at the building from the pool, 34 would be on your left and 33 on the right.
TandD
Desire Legend

Postby Okies » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:15 pm

34 is on the left if you are looking from the pool at the rooms. We've stayed in 33 the last two trips down.....love it!
Apr ‘21, ‘23
Jun ‘15, ‘16, ‘18, ‘19, ‘22, ‘24
Sept ‘21
Oct ‘16, ‘17, ‘19, ‘20
Okies
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 17 Jun 2023

Postby wbski85 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Cool. Thank you all for clarifying. Now can't wait to be there.
wbski85
Desire Superstar

Postby Darin & Melissa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:11 pm

As far as I know, only Master Suites have the patio beds on the first floor. I've been to a first floor Jr. Ste and they only had the table and chairs. You might want to consider double checking when you get there. We always stay in 64 or 65 when we are there and they both have the beds on the patio. We love laying there in the morning drinking mimosas and cappuccinos.

Melissa
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby TandD » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:01 pm

FWIW, we had 34, which is listed as a Jr. Suite and it had a bed on the patio.

I am curious about another thing though. On the list above, it shows several room types with 2 beds. We've never gotten a room with 2 beds. Are they two smaller beds vs. the single large (king?) bed? When reserving, I've noticed that it always says either King or 2 beds (or something to that affect) but I always kind of figured that was boilerplate and you wouldn't ever get a room with two (smaller) beds.

Do some rooms actually have two beds instead of one? What size are they?
TandD
Desire Legend

Postby Beach girl » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 pm

I inquired about the bed size when requesting a specific room and was told all rooms have one king bed now.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Kmizzle69 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Anyone know what room # and or building will be the best Master Suite with plunge pool with ocean view? Booking here soon the wife wants the plunge pool but as close to the ocean/ocean view as possible.
Kmizzle69
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Aug 2019

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl