Potpourri for $1,000

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Potpourri for $1,000

Postby Dfw1234 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 am

Please don’t read if repeated newbie questions frustrate you. You will hate my guts by the end of this. I just need my answers in one place. Kasie and I (Ryan) will be there Dec 31st to Jan 5th. It is a 19th anniversary/40 something birthday/New Years/damn it we’re not old and we still have it trip. We’re not in the lifestyle beyond kinky talk in the heat of the moment and a few mojitos. So here goes a million newbie questions at once...

1. We arrive at around 4:30 on the 31st. What should we do first - hot tub? Speaking of hot tub, do you wear your suits there and then take them off or just a robe from the room? In all honesty we might be fully clothed including jackets as we get used to the vibe!

2. Dinner attire at Pearl and Aphrodite. Is it slacks and button shirt or nice dark jeans and button shirt? I don’t really want to wear dress shoes and slacks for dinner each night - kind of stuffy.

3. Water -can you drink it or do they have bottled water?

4. Sales pitch - listen to get the spa discount or not?

5. Erotic massage - I know Oscar for the misses but who for the husband? Also, I’ve read reports of the masseur being aggressive with the touching on the wife - is Oscar gentle and/or coachable? Also, should we just do sensual or erotic? Do they both involve massage of ALL areas?

6. Drinks - ladies which is your favorite that won’t kill an elephant? A little drink helps the mood but too much is no bueno.

7. I don’t read much about people spending time on the beach. Is that because most people hang out at the pool?

8. I thought I saw a link that listed the daily activity schedule but now I can’t find it - does anyone have it? Also, what are the couples workshops?

9. My wife’s biggest fear is she will see a neighbor or coworker there -lol. So if we are a little “vague” in answers about ourselves at first don’t worry -we’ll open up.

10. Finally, for newbie non lifestyle folks (or if that defined you on your first trip) - what is the one thing you wish you had done on your first trip but didn’t?

Thank you in advance! We are probably going to bring yeti cups with our names on them to make intros easier. Looking forward to a great time (right after we hyperventilate in the lobby).
Dfw1234
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Potpourri for $1,000

Postby TandD » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 am

Dfw1234 wrote:1. We arrive at around 4:30 on the 31st. What should we do first - hot tub? Speaking of hot tub, do you wear your suits there and then take them off or just a robe from the room? In all honesty we might be fully clothed including jackets as we get used to the vibe!

Most people will be coming from the pool area so they are already naked. If it makes you feel any less anxious, just wear your bathing suits, put your key and other stuff in a cubby and get in the water and chat. Nobody will care. After a drink or two, get out and go to the restroom. On the way back, if you are so inclined, stop at your cubby and take off what you want to - or don't. Repeat as needed. Don't over think this.

2. Dinner attire at Pearl and Aphrodite. Is it slacks and button shirt or nice dark jeans and button shirt? I don’t really want to wear dress shoes and slacks for dinner each night - kind of stuffy.

Pearl is a bit more dressy than Aphrodite. Suck it up and wear nicer stuff to Pearl to match your wife who will be decked out. Doesn't have to be stuffy though. Just closed shoes, nicer pants, and a button down shirt for example.

3. Water -can you drink it or do they have bottled water?

They have bottled water in your rooms. Water and ice at bar and restaurants are fine.

4. Sales pitch - listen to get the spa discount or not?

We have no idea if membership interests you, if spa discounts are enticing to you. You can probably handle this decision.

6. Drinks - ladies which is your favorite that won’t kill an elephant? A little drink helps the mood but too much is no bueno.

Only you and your wife know what she can handle. I'd suggest finding this out before you get there if you don't already know. Asking people what they are drinking is a good ice-breaker. Use it.

7. I don’t read much about people spending time on the beach. Is that because most people hang out at the pool?

Correct. Not many people spend much time at the beach. It's because the beach really isn't that great and yes, more to do and see at the pool. There is beach volleyball, and cornhole/paddle ball.

10. Finally, for newbie non lifestyle folks (or if that defined you on your first trip) - what is the one thing you wish you had done on your first trip but didn’t?

Can't think of anything. You'll be back anyway so...

Thank you in advance! We are probably going to bring yeti cups with our names on them to make intros easier. Looking forward to a great time (right after we hyperventilate in the lobby).

You'll be fine.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby ksr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 am

I’ll take a crack at your questions. In general, for all your questions, I’d say it doesn’t matter—except the drinking the water part—Don’t drink the water from the tap! Here goes:

1. Do whatever you want at 4:30. I’d suggest swimsuits (if you’re not ready) and a walk around the property. When/if you go to the hot tub, go naked, go with a swimsuit, go with a robe.
2. I wear nice jeans and a short sleeve button down or polo. Ladies generally wear extremely sexy outfits. In general, people seems to dress up a bit as it adds to the vibe.
3. Bottled water only for consumption.
4. Sooner or later, everyone listens to the sales pitch and decides to join or not join. I would suggest after your first stay you’ll know better if you are going to go back or not.
5. The massage folks will do what you tell them to do. You want full on erotic, you can get it. If you don’t want certain areas explored, just tell them.
6. We are more about quantity and not quality in the drink dept.
7. Not much of a beach. Some beds on the beach, seaweed (most of the time). Beach is nice, but not great. I’d say the pool is the main go-to area.
8. I don’t have the schedule. The couple’s workshops are A MUST. Lots of threads on here about them. About an hour, one for her one day and one for him another day. 20 couples in the room (disco). Very erotic massage class that finishes was an orgasm.
9. Everyone is friendly, nice and helpful-even if they are your neighbors or coworkers.
10. Get naked sooner.
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby CatawampusHalo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:57 pm

As a newb I'd leave out of the room in a bathing suit. Then you can take off if wanted.

My husband only takes polos and jeans. That's plenty fancy enough for vacation. Aphrodite is more casual. I think I saw people there in shorts for dinner.

Yeah don't drink from the tap in your room but any water at the restaurants or from your mini fridge is fine.

Sales pitch. No. They'll try to schedule you at check in, we just told them we'd give them a call if we were interested.

Erotic massage, we didn't try.

Drinks...i drank a lot of vodka and pineapple juice. Just make sure every other drink is non alcoholic. You should be fine.

The beach is covered in seaweed and that seaweed has a smell.

If you see a coworker.... they're there too! Why worry?

Daily activities will be written on a big board by the pool.

A lot of people did necklaces with names or nicknames too.
Heather & Jason
Pearl 20 Dec 30-Jan 6
Pearl 19 Dec 27-Jan 3
Pearl 18 July 28-Aug 4
Pearl 17 July 22-28
Hedo 05, 06, 08, 09, 14
CatawampusHalo
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl