Counting down the hours

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Counting down the hours

Postby Dfw1234 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Never been this excited about going on a trip. We will be there in less than 48 hours! We were upgraded to first class for the flight down so it is starting out right! Weather forecast is supposed to have some cooler days which means more time in the hot tub. This will honestly be our very first New Year’s Eve Party ever! We usually just chill. My wife picked out a sexy silver micro bikini from Malibu Bikinis but was unsure if she would even bring it. I saw it in the bags so yippee - and she looks amazing in it. Biggest concern now is if there is food available for a snack between 4:30 and dinner. We’ll be hungry after the flight. Also - what time do you recommend to go to Pearl for dinner Sunday night? We’ll have cups with our names on them to help with introductions!
Dfw1234
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Counting down the hours

Postby TandD » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Dfw1234 wrote:Never been this excited about going on a trip. We will be there in less than 48 hours! We were upgraded to first class for the flight down so it is starting out right! Weather forecast is supposed to have some cooler days which means more time in the hot tub. This will honestly be our very first New Year’s Eve Party ever! We usually just chill. My wife picked out a sexy silver micro bikini from Malibu Bikinis but was unsure if she would even bring it. I saw it in the bags so yippee - and she looks amazing in it. Biggest concern now is if there is food available for a snack between 4:30 and dinner. We’ll be hungry after the flight. Also - what time do you recommend to go to Pearl for dinner Sunday night? We’ll have cups with our names on them to help with introductions!

The anticipation is half the fun!

(Well, it's half the fun before you get there, then the whole "Available Fun Scale" changes and you realize that it's even more fun than you thought it would be!

There seems to always be some kind of food at Aphrodite - either inside as part of lunch or just outside in the form of snacks of some sort - pizza, tacos, other stuff that I can't remember.

We used to stress about when to go to dinner but then came to the realization that it doesn't matter that much (to us). The after dinner shows and such don't really get started until 10:00 or so, so you don't really have to rush dinner. If you go too early, you end up having some dead time waiting until the pre-show and shows start. We have rarely had to wait much more than a few minutes to get into Pearl so you don't have to worry too much about getting there early to get a table (although I know it can sometimes be a longer wait). If the timing doesn't work out, you can always swing down to Aphrodite and get right in and do Pearl another night. I think if you go to dinner around 8:00 or 8:30, you should be fine. Dinner will probably take an hour or so. Make sure you slow down, relax, and enjoy your wife in her sexy outfit. Lingering over dinner in a fancy restaurant is erotic in it's own right. Don't rush it.

Finally, I'll go ahead and say it - we find the entertainment just "meh" for the most part. We *love* the live latin band and the fashion show is fun but the rest of them just don't interest us much. We prefer dancing in the disco and get antsy waiting for the shows to be over with. There, I said it. That's clearly a minority opinion so take it for what it's worth. Only point being that if your dinner runs a little late and you miss some of the pre-show, it's not the end of the world.

Oh, another timing consideration is if you are changing between dinner and the disco/theme shows. Most people don't wear their theme stuff to dinner (particularly the more elaborate theme-wear) so you do have to factor in how long it takes you to get in your get-up.

Hope that helps and I hope you enjoy your trip!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Beach girl » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:24 pm

Good question, we’re always in the hot tub at 4:30. I suggest you grab a snack for the plane and head straight to the hot tub for “naked happy hour” when you arrive. We normally eat around 8:00 and then head to the lobby for the evening entertainment. We arrive in 5 days, it’ll be our eighth visit and we still get excited.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby texascouple1208 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm

TandD wrote:
Finally, I'll go ahead and say it - we find the entertainment just "meh" for the most part. We *love* the live latin band and the fashion show is fun but the rest of them just don't interest us much. We prefer dancing in the disco and get antsy waiting for the shows to be over with. There, I said it. That's clearly a minority opinion so take it for what it's worth. Only point being that if your dinner runs a little late and you miss some of the pre-show, it's not the end of the world.

Completely agree with you. We enjoy the rock cover band at RM and that's about it. They all last too long when you are ready to hit the disco.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl