What is the nudist/swinger mix at Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

What is the nudist/swinger mix at Pearl

Postby bobsmiths » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:09 pm

We were there 4 years ago and had a great time. we are pretty experienced swingers and are looking forward to meeting other couples like us. however, we have heard that the resort is now much more nudists than swingers. Does anyone have a recent experience or opinion on this topic?
bobsmiths

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 12 Jan 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sdc

Re: What is the nudist/swinger mix at Pearl

Postby Dfw1234 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Just left there this week. We are newbies so couldn’t tell who was or wasn’t. My wife naturally assumed everyone was and their end goal was to turn us...lol! The Jacuzzi was full and my guess would be 50-65% swingers.
Dfw1234
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Jul 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby bobsmiths » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:02 pm

ok great and thank for the reply. im sorry to hear that it sounds like people tried to convince you to swing. that kinda stuff gives swingers a bad name! we love it but hate people who are pushy about anything. how was the resort? we have not been in 4 years
bobsmiths

Postby Dfw1234 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 pm

I gave the wrong impression - being newbies my wife thought people would try to convince us. Nothing like that happened - everyone was very nice. She just asked me “is the goal of the resort to keep you coming back until you become a swinger?” I just started laughing. I think people who want to become swingers become swingers and those that don’t don’t. She was disappointed that she didn’t get up enough nerve to ask all of her questions about the lifestyle but she didn’t want to be annoying and rude. We had an awesome time nonetheless. I kept thinking about how many of the people walking by from the vanilla resorts secretly wanted to be at Pearl.
Dfw1234
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Jul 2020

Postby michael5572 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 am

We have been to Pearl 3 times and will be back in Feb so after a few trips gained a little insight on who goes there. Short answer everyone, from nudist to full swap swingers but a portion falls in the middle. Like us we don't swap but open play around hot tub,sin room and once in night club during group massage class that was fun. You will find soft swap, girl only swap, people who just like vibe of the place and couples who are not into the life style but meet someone and sparks fly. January is also a big month for life style so you should have no trouble meeting like minded people.
michael5572
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 23 Feb 2019

Postby bobsmiths » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 pm

thanks for the responses. We are looking forward to our trip. DFW1234 we are so glad to hear that no one pressured you. we have met a ton of great people in the lifestyle and we have never met a more low key and open minded group and would be very surprised if anyone tried to pressure you. and as for you wifes questions, tell her to ask next time. when we meet a swinger couple the first thing we talk about is how each of us got into the lifestyle. most people enjoy talking about it and you will find that all of us are totally normal people who just kind wandered into it. so tell her to ask away!!
bobsmiths

Postby InIt❤️Together » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:13 am

Is anyone reading this now? Nervous newbies lol
InIt❤️Together

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 20 Jan 2018

Postby bobsmiths » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:06 am

No reason to be nervous!
bobsmiths

Postby Desire2424 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:08 am

InIt❤️Together wrote:Is anyone reading this now? Nervous newbies lol

DEFINITELY no reason to be nervous. We don’t consider ourselves neither ‘nudists’ nor ‘swingers’ and we were understandably nervous on our visit.....you’d be foolish to NOT be. We love nude beaches and we love sex and we love each other....that’s all you really need to enjoy Desire. If you you are curious about more, then this is the place to explore but it’s not a requirement to be or become a ‘nudist’ or a ‘swinger’. We are planning our second trip to Pearl in March and no other place is quite like it as long as you enjoy sex and enjoy each other. It was the most romantic, sexy time we ever had and we can’t wait to do it again. Not an ounce of pressure to be anything that you don’t want to be so just ENJOY!!
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby funcouple318 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Inittogether, we had our first trip to Pearl back in November. Were scared to death and my wife thought we were just going to be hit on non stop. After our trip she will tell you, we met some of the best people ever. We were never uncomfortable in any interaction with others, lifestyle or not. It was the most relaxing fun trip we have ever had, so much so we are going back in April. And as you have guessed, we are not lifestyle
KIK: funcpl318
funcouple318
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Nov 2017

Postby DFWDreems » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:48 pm

funcouple318 wrote:Inittogether, we had our first trip to Pearl back in November. Were scared to death and my wife thought we were just going to be hit on non stop. After our trip she will tell you, we met some of the best people ever. We were never uncomfortable in any interaction with others, lifestyle or not. It was the most relaxing fun trip we have ever had, so much so we are going back in April. And as you have guessed, we are not lifestyle

Agree 100%. We've been going to Pearl for 3 years, and some of our best friends are the Pearl goers we've met ... on all levels within the LS world. I would be surprised if there are more than a few couples that ever feel pressured. No one, especially the experienced LSer, wants to pressure anyone, regardless how attracted they might be to you. They simply do not want trouble, rather prefer happiness and pleasure for all involved. There are multiple places within the polite chat conversation that the advancing couple picks up on where you are and want you prefer, so we have rarely seen inappropriate advances. With that said, be aware of the very few who drink a little too much and forget their manners and LS conventions. Again, those folks are few.

(ironically, Funcouple318, we leave the morning you arrive so will hand you the baton!)
DFWDreems
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2022

Postby jandjdurham » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:23 pm

I think it's a mix, I have noticed swingers tend to bring other couples with them. We are, we have never hooked up with anyone at desire. But I am there for fun, so it doesn't matter. We have fun either way. Met lots of great people tho.
SLS: jandjdurham
Desire Pearl July 13-20
jandjdurham
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby ksr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 am

Desire2424 wrote:
InIt❤️Together wrote:Is anyone reading this now? Nervous newbies lol

DEFINITELY no reason to be nervous. We don’t consider ourselves neither ‘nudists’ nor ‘swingers’ and we were understandably nervous on our visit.....you’d be foolish to NOT be. We love nude beaches and we love sex and we love each other....that’s all you really need to enjoy Desire. If you you are curious about more, then this is the place to explore but it’s not a requirement to be or become a ‘nudist’ or a ‘swinger’. We are planning our second trip to Pearl in March and no other place is quite like it as long as you enjoy sex and enjoy each other. It was the most romantic, sexy time we ever had and we can’t wait to do it again. Not an ounce of pressure to be anything that you don’t want to be so just ENJOY!!

We agree. The people at Pearl are great, sexy, fun and respectful. We encourage you to really enjoy that first trip/experience---it only happens once. If you're like 99% of the people that go to DP once, you'll be back. This March will be our 7th trip to DP and we can't wait. Enjoy!

Keith and Jill
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl