What is that fragrance in the lobby???

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: What is that fragrance in the lobby???

Postby red88vette » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Just back from Pearl and have ordered some scents as well. We tried the test strips before we went but could not get a very good sense of how they would smell in a room. Paid more attention this time and enjoyed the scent in the Lobby. When I chatted with the sales person, I asked her how many drops should I use per ML's of water. She said she was not sure, that their diffusers work directly with the oils, no diluting. So I guess that is why they are so much more expensive. I asked about the Wicked Ways scent at Pearl and where it was used and no one at the resort knew anything about it. We are also trying Skyfall, which is used at Atlantis.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby Desire2424 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 pm

2curiousppl wrote:Thank you! We’ve been looking for these as well. Just ordered both.

......FYI, If you didn’t already know, the $200 diffuser from Aroma 360 can be easily replaced with a $25 one from Amazon or Walmart
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby Desire2424 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:51 pm

2curiousppl wrote:Thank you! We’ve been looking for these as well. Just ordered both.
Desire2424
Desire Addict

Postby werfun » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:21 pm

We have 2 cool mist diffusers from Wamart at $16 each. One for the bedroom and one in the living room. They run for about 3 hours before they need to be refilled.
We use anywhere from 8 to 10 drops of oil in the water and it gives off a faint smell and is not overpowering. We don't add oil each time we refill the diffusers and by doing that the smell is very faint. Its just a nice reminder of Desire when you think about it.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby 2curiousppl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Desire2424 wrote:

......FYI, If you didn’t already know, the $200 diffuser from Aroma 360 can be easily replaced with a $25 one from Amazon or Walmart

Yup, thanks. We already have 2 Amazon diffusers. It was the oils we were after. Ordered both “Little White Lies” and “Wicked Game”...
kik: curiousppl2
2curiousppl
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF

Postby ukusacouple » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 pm

One of the many things we LOVED on our first two trips to RM (sorry slightly off topic) was the scent in the lobby and lobby bar. Wherever we travelled in the world, a brief scent of something similar had us immediately back in Cancun in our minds.

Unfortunately at some point between June 2016 and Feb 2018 they changed the scent. I can't tell you how disappointed we were when we checked in at reception!

We eventually found a candle made by Capri Blue, called "Blue Jean" which was it exactly..and we keep one beside the bed for special nights. (It's described as Citrus, white musk and patchouli.)

https://www.capri-blue.com/fragrances/b ... -diffuser/

I wonder is that the same scent you are talking about? Every time we go back to RM we have a good moan about them changing it, but they don't seem to care!
SDC & Fabswingers:Kaleidoscopelife
RM 3rd-9th Oct 2024 & Feb 11th-18th 2025
ukusacouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 03 Oct 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC FAB

Postby Desire2424 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:30 pm

YES!
I even got the exact scent from the supplier which was supposedly the lobby scent “Little white Lies”, and the scent of the ‘blue jean’ was supposed to be from the spa. I was confused. By the time we returned to Pearl, the entire fragrance was GONE from the lobby so we could not accurately compare! Either way, we prefer the blue jean candle scent to remind us of Pearl. We keep it in our bedroom and the diffuser with the commercially branded scent in our play room.

ukusacouple wrote:One of the many things we LOVED on our first two trips to RM (sorry slightly off topic) was the scent in the lobby and lobby bar. Wherever we travelled in the world, a brief scent of something similar had us immediately back in Cancun in our minds.

Unfortunately at some point between June 2016 and Feb 2018 they changed the scent. I can't tell you how disappointed we were when we checked in at reception!

We eventually found a candle made by Capri Blue, called "Blue Jean" which was it exactly..and we keep one beside the bed for special nights. (It's described as Citrus, white musk and patchouli.)

https://www.capri-blue.com/fragrances/b ... -diffuser/

I wonder is that the same scent you are talking about? Every time we go back to RM we have a good moan about them changing it, but they don't seem to care!
Desire2424
Desire Addict

Postby ukusacouple » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Maybe we could start a petition to bring it back :)
SDC & Fabswingers:Kaleidoscopelife
RM 3rd-9th Oct 2024 & Feb 11th-18th 2025
ukusacouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 03 Oct 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC FAB

Postby Lkncouple » Mon May 11, 2020 11:37 am

I ordered a bottle of Little White Lies from Aroma360 and gave it to my wife for mothers day. It was the exact same fragrance that was in the RM lobby for years. She didn't know the history and put it in her diffuser and said this really smells familiar. She kept saying how much she liked it, but it was very familiar. I finally had to pull her a away from our kids and let her know what it was, she smiled and said, that is exactly what I remember it from!
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby werfun » Mon May 11, 2020 4:31 pm

WE have been using Little White Lies from Aroma 360 since I found out what it was in Nov. 2017. One diffuse in the living room and one in the bedroom as it sure brings back the many happy memories of our trips to Desire. Only problem is that every so often we have to change the oil to a different fragrance as we get use to the smell of Little White Lies, some thing we don't want to happen.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Mon May 11, 2020 9:21 pm

Thanks to the expert guidance of another great couple on this site, we ended up buying the exact same diffuser and fragrance they did. It was so great to have that smell back again.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby nokidclub » Mon May 11, 2020 10:41 pm

We have the same scent and absolutely love it! I think they recently switched to a different scent, but don’t know what it is yet. Either way, we love Little White Lies.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Desire2424 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:17 am

werfun wrote:WE have been using Little White Lies from Aroma 360 since I found out what it was in Nov. 2017. One diffuse in the living room and one in the bedroom as it sure brings back the many happy memories of our trips to Desire. Only problem is that every so often we have to change the oil to a different fragrance as we get use to the smell of Little White Lies, some thing we don't want to happen.

I agree. I’d hate for that scent to become ‘regular’. We mostly only use in our playroom to keep it special and sexy. If she smells it in our bedroom......she knows that some serious shit’s going down....lol
Desire2424
Desire Addict

Postby hooligans » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:56 am

Since we aren't going to be able to go this year we're going to have to get these. Maybe they can help ease our "Desire" withdrawals.
hooligans
Desire Convert

Postby FeelingSwirly » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:33 am

JUst yesterday I was at Target and came across a candle called White Citron in their big candle aisle. It is in a marbled silvery container. It is the exact smell of the Pearl lobby! I lit it and when my hubby got home he said, are we back at Pearl??? We just got home this past Sunday!! It was like 10 bucks. Enjoy!!!
FeelingSwirly
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2021

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl