Champagne at Pearl?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Champagne at Pearl?

Postby landw2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:25 pm

There is an arrival liquor shop at the airport right next to baggage claim. We have not used it (saw it for the first time this week upon arrival). So not sure how that works to purchase liquor and then go through immigration. Not sure if it is duty free or not.
SLS Kas SDC LandW2

Pearl Mar 5 and Oct 10 2024
French Riviera and Greece/Turkey Desire cruises 2024
landw2
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby Workhardplayhard » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:07 pm

gaviao wrote:200 hundred meters after your taxi leaves the highway and enters in the road to Puerto Morelos, there is a gas station. Besides it, there is the store "GO MART LA EUROPEA". They sell all kind of wines and licquors at prices around 10% higher than Sam's. For example, today a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Brut costs $865. pesos ($46.75 USD at today's rate). A Möet Chandon Ice Imperial, great for warm weather, costs $999. pesos ($54 USD). Prices include taxes.
Once at Desire Pearl, a short trip to Go Mart La Europea costs around $250 pesos in taxi, round trip.

This is amazing news!!! Thank you,
Workhardplayhard
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby ntexascouple6233 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:56 pm

By the time you pay extra to the cab/bus driver, is it just as easy to purchase at the airport? We're first timers.
ntexascouple6233
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 06 May 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby jandjdurham » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 pm

I drink it all day! It's pretty good too.
SLS: jandjdurham
Desire Pearl July 13-20
jandjdurham
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Desire2424 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 am

texascouple1208 wrote:
SingleMalt77 wrote:
texascouple1208 wrote: We usually bring 6-8 bottles of wine with us to take to dinner, etc. We have also ordered off the list, but I do not recall what kind of Champagne selections they had.

That's what I was considering... That's a lot of wine to pack in the luggage for us though. I hadn't planned a stop at a store with USA transfers. Is there a place in Cancun Ariport Arrivals to purchase some wine/champagne?

landw2 wrote:There is an arrival liquor shop at the airport right next to baggage claim. We have not used it (saw it for the first time this week upon arrival). So not sure how that works to purchase liquor and then go through immigration. Not sure if it is duty free or not.

I just got an email regarding arrivals at Cancun. They clearly state that the Duty Free shop is only for Departures. ....too bad.
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby Vass314 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Desire2424 wrote:I just got an email regarding arrivals at Cancun. They clearly state that the Duty Free shop is only for Departures. ....too bad.

There is a small one in Terminal 3 between immigration and baggage claim http://www.asur.com.mx/en/airports/cancun/cancun-passengers/shopping/duty-free/aldeasa-duty-free-departures-arrivals.html
Vass314
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 02 Nov 2023

Postby Desire2424 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Vass314 wrote:
Desire2424 wrote:I just got an email regarding arrivals at Cancun. They clearly state that the Duty Free shop is only for Departures. ....too bad.

There is a small one in Terminal 3 between immigration and baggage claim http://www.asur.com.mx/en/airports/cancun/cancun-passengers/shopping/duty-free/aldeasa-duty-free-departures-arrivals.html

GREAT! Thanks
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby CokeMann » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Desire2424 wrote:
Vass314 wrote:

GREAT! Thanks

Just be aware that you will still have to clear Mexican Customs and what you can bring in for alcohol is limited to 3 liters per person or you will have to pay a import penalty !!
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl