Thinking about our first trip to Desire

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Thinking about our first trip to Desire

Postby Southern Cross » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:46 am

twoofus444 wrote:I guess I should have used more quotation marks. I am sorry for any misleading I may have given. I was just trying to put together what I had found as best I could. I tried to enfranchise that the only way to know what it is like is to be there but for some reason the night I typed that up I would type 2 sentences before they would show up on my computer. So my thoughts were going faster than my PC. Again I apologize about that. I guess the biggest thing I missed is siting where I got some of my info so you could take it more in context. Tripadviser is where some came from and was not the only tripadvisor I found stating that the night time was winding down earlier at Pearl than RM. I am sure that is where the nursing home thing was posted, as well as one of the first thing that came up on a google search. Whoever posted that must have had a really off time there. I am glad to here that is far from accurate as I would like to see pearl depending on how our first trip goes. Let me ask this as age is hit and miss anyway. Would it be more accurate to say that there are more Baby Boomers and Gen X-ers than millennials? With Gen X being the prominent generation. The cut off for ages is a little more grey then exact. Some people classify me as a millennial though I identify more as a gen X. Though at 23 she is going to most likely find herself to be one of if not the youngest at either Desire resort. Not that they will not be welcomed but if it were my GF I would want her to be ready for that. Now to get to where you thought you were being harsh I don't take any offence to that. I am glad you were being honest just like I was. I stated that I never had been there and was just sharing what I had found as he most likely had or would find the same things through Google. So I probably should not have posted anything about the nursing home quote. That was my bad. But at least the response complacently confirms that as probably a 1% chance of happening. So I want to thank you for telling me tripadvisor is not the best adviser to go off of. I am sure that everyone would like the sunscreen show though I have not seen anyone else post anything about it except for on article where a wife was trying to convince her husband he needed sunscreen everywhere when he first decided to go full nude. I would hate to be burnt down there. Also there is a whole thread about manscaping in the General info about both Desire Resorts Properties section. I feel I ramble on too much and I apologizes about that I just wanted to try and give reason as to why I posted what I did. To bring what google searches would bring up and debunk what info was wrong. I would welcome another new couple if they were going at the same time as my wife and I. That way if I forget to ask something from an experienced guest maybe they would ask it.

So to Inthesun if I put you off from booking a trip IGNORE what put you off. Every person I have spoken to weather on here or on the Hellions facebook page have been great people and are very welcoming and encouraging. I personally am a harry guy so when I go I will be getting the important parts and trimming the rest. I keep getting told when it comes to nudity just do what feels comfortable for you. Also I have found out you can take trips back and forth between the two resorts. Since Pearl has a dock if you do any excursions that require a boat you would go there from RM so to say one is different than the other does not mean much as you can experience either in one trip.

I am stooping here as I am rambling again. Hope you meet some great people on your trip and if you are there when we are feel free to say Hi so I can apologize for this in person.

Wow - I found this amazing!!!!!! How can you provide any advice on a resort that you haven't been too?????????? We are coming back for our 4th time in 4 years and we travel 20hrs from Australia. We have met some amazing people and they have been all ages and not ONE ready for a Nursing home. We were married there in 2016 and had the pleasure of so many friends that we had just met attend (clothed by the way!!)

I suggest that people that have "read up" on the resort should actually go to it before they offer advice either way.

W&A :AUS :AUS :AUS :AUS :AUS
Desire Pearl Addict
Dec 19
Sep 18
Sep 17*2
Sep 16
Sep 15

KIK = usanddesire69
Southern Cross
Desire Lover

We are from: Australia
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Adult Match Maker

Postby DKCouple » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:21 am

If Desire Pearl is a nursing home - I can't wait to retire ;)

Have been at Pearl (or Paradise as I prefer to call it) 4 times - have booked 5th trip this November.

Our first trip was to celebrate my 40th birthday - and I have never had such a great, crazy, outrageous birthday in my life. The trips just get better for every time we go. Last time was November 2017 - and the best one so far.

We have also been to Hedo II - and I have to say that the people we met there on average were older than the people we met at Pearl. But I can only compare that one trip.

The resorts change with the people. You never know who you are going to meet and what the vibe is going be like on the next trip.

I really hope that the couple who started this conversation is not put off by the very wrong description of Desire Pearl. It is truly my favourite place on earth.

Mrs. DK
DK Couple
Desire Pearl: Feb/Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016/2017/2018/2019/2021
Venus/Gran Canaria - 2018/2019
DKCouple
Desire Addict

We are from: Denmark
We arrive on: 29 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby hoppercf » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Our first trip to Pearl was four years ago. We were both 38 at the time; far from being the youngest couple down there. We've been back six more times, with another trip coming in June. We've seen multitudes of couples who are in their 20's and 30's. My advice to the OP is to read the trip reports. That way, the answers to some of their questions will not be speculative.
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:25 pm

Southern Cross wrote:Wow - I found this amazing!!!!!! How can you provide any advice on a resort that you haven't been too?????????? We are coming back for our 4th time in 4 years and we travel 20hrs from Australia. We have met some amazing people and they have been all ages and not ONE ready for a Nursing home. We were married there in 2016 and had the pleasure of so many friends that we had just met attend (clothed by the way!!)

I suggest that people that have "read up" on the resort should actually go to it before they offer advice either way.

For what it's worth, to me the post had more than enough caveats and transparency, I mean it started off with "Hello I just wanted to share what I have found. Now the wife and I have not made our first trip to desire yet so if any of my information is wrong pleas anyone correct me". To me that's more than fair and certainly better than essentially saying "you've never been so STFU". Plus the post, while it had many generalizations and not much of the nuance that you get from actually having been, wasn't grossly wrong.

Even the nursing home thing, what he actually said wasn't wrong. The exact quote was "one thing described pearl as a nursing home feel". I read it as exactly that, one review described it that way. That's factually accurate. It doesn't mean that it's true about Pearl, just the way one person described it.

Last May at RM we met 3 couples who started at Pearl but switched mid trip to RM, their exact quote was "It was like a graveyard yard over there". Does it mean Pearl is filled with moss and tombstones, of course not, but that was their opinion and experience which is as as valid as any.

Presumably anyone looking for info would take multiple opinions and would see that the vast majority do not describe it that way, draw your conclusions from that. I'd actually be more suspect if every review of about anything was glowingly positive 100% because people generally do not agree at that level. The fact that the reviews generally skew so positive to me is a great indication of how awesome both resorts are.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Inthesun » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Wow! Lots of good information here. I certainly didn’t intend to create any friction here. I think it’s safe to say we will be welcome and have a good time which is exactly what we want to do, hopefully with as few clothes on as possible!
Inthesun

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl