Thinking about our first trip to Desire

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Thinking about our first trip to Desire

Postby Inthesun » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:46 am

Hi all!

We are a younger couple (she is 23) who loves the beach and resort life. We have been researching more “adult” options for our vacations this summer and landed here. We have a few questions before we start looking into booking a trip. I apologize if this has been asked before- we did read up but would also like to talk through some things.

We think we have a feel for how much nudity is common and expected but I guess we are both a little apprehensive that we won’t fit in. We are getting more comfortable with less clothing but my girlfriend is still a little shy showing everything just yet. We have gotten close at a private pool with some friends and she would likely have no problem dropping the top, but the bottoms may be slow coming off. She wants to do it, she just doesn’t have a lot of confidence in her body and needs some encouragement and positive feedback.

One of our big things is sunbathing and we both like the idea of doing each other’s sunscreen, making a show of it, and being around others doing the same!

Also, she shaves everything completely. I however get the “important” parts and trim the rest. Is this considered bad form there and should I get used to removing it all? Really I’m not even sure if I would take the shorts off but I feel once we get there I would change my mind. To me, it’s all about her.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Inthesun

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Thinking about our first trip to Desire

Postby mikeinnj » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 am

You’re fine. No worries at all

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby Darin & Melissa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 am

You will see some naked, some just topless, and even a one piece suit now and then. It’s about going about it at your own comfort level. If you read trip reports, you will see others started in a bikini then went topless by day two. Finally naked by the end of the trip.

As far as you and shaving and trimming, that is no issue at all.
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Hchoir » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 am

Mike is right...you can wear as much or as little as you want at the pool/beach, but on our trip last year full nudity was the most common thing we saw. Also, shave or don't shave as you wish...it will not make a difference to anyone there. You will also find a big variety of ages and body types; most people do NOT look like the models they use on the website. Undressing as you wish and being comfortable with it is one of the joys of being at Desire. I can almost promise you any worries will vanish within a few hours if not before.

And yes, please, give us a sunscreen application show!
Hchoir
Desire Fan

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby Inthesun » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:49 am

Thanks for the replies everyone! It makes us feel a lot better hearing this. It sounds like a comfortable place so I don't think we will have any trouble going with the flow of things.
Inthesun

Postby ntexascouple6233 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 am

You have NOTHING to worry about. You will see people at Desire (naked) that you would never have expected would take all their clothes off in public. All ages, all body types and, I might add, they are having a wonderful time. We have gone on several c/o vacations. Our first was at Hedo some 25 years ago. My new bride had never been to a c/o resort and it took her all of about ten minutes to be completely naked. Just be yourself and talk to people.

Steve and Jean
Texas
ntexascouple6233
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 06 May 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby CokeMann » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:37 pm

The real issue would be: are you both comfortable in seeing and being around others in the nude day and night?
Also, are you both comfortable in seeing others participate in open PDA/PDS at the resort ?
If you answer yes to both of these you should be fine.

If not then consider a alternative and try Temptation - topless optional(only), no open PDA/PDS allowed and also attracts more couples that closer to your age range.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Inthesun » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 pm

CokeMann wrote:The real issue would be: are you both comfortable in seeing and being around others in the nude day and night?
Also, are you both comfortable in seeing others participate in open PDA/PDS at the resort ?
If you answer yes to both of these you should be fine.

If not then consider a alternative and try Temptation - topless optional(only), no open PDA/PDS allowed and also attracts more couples that closer to your age range.

We are OK with PDA/PDS and have played before, just not in an open setting. I realize we will need to discuss our boundaries before going. Thank you CokeMann for putting together this very helpful forum!
Inthesun

Postby Inthesun » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Hchoir wrote:Mike is right...you can wear as much or as little as you want at the pool/beach, but on our trip last year full nudity was the most common thing we saw. Also, shave or don't shave as you wish...it will not make a difference to anyone there. You will also find a big variety of ages and body types; most people do NOT look like the models they use on the website. Undressing as you wish and being comfortable with it is one of the joys of being at Desire. I can almost promise you any worries will vanish within a few hours if not before.

And yes, please, give us a sunscreen application show!

We will definitely be giving a lot of shows, and open for participation as well. I would love to watch her getting sunscreen thoroughly applied soaking up the attention and maybe coax those bottoms off as well!
Inthesun

Postby Cheers2US » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 am

I think many guests start out apprehensive and by the end of the 1st or 2nd day at the resort, most or all of the clothes have come off at some point! But also, some guests don't go nude or topless and it's really all OK.

My husband and I are a very vanilla couple. We don't swing and we had never done anything like clothing-optional anywhere. We were very nervous on our 1st trip to Desire. Needless to say, all fears and inhibitions melted away our first moments at the resort. After that, it was effortless to take all the clothes off and not give it a second thought. Our body types are far from perfect and that's the beauty of the resort: all kinds of people, all shapes, sizes, ages, nationalities, shaven, not-shaven, etc and zero judging.

I think you'll have a great experience no matter what you decide to do there.

-Mrs C
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby twoofus444 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:36 am

Hello I just wanted to share what I have found. Now the wife and I have not made our first trip to desire yet so if any of my information is wrong pleas anyone correct me. As stated in this thread already what you are comfortable with is what will be accepted by everyone around. The things I have realized is that if you are paling a trip going with a group can be helpful. We are going with the Hellians to RM this year. Because it is a group and I have been talking to them I have gotten a little more info about who is going to be there at the time and that has been nice. This is a part I have seen on other areas. Pearl is a little older and a little more mellow. So at the disco you may not have as many people getting up and dancing. Though as I stated I have not been there so this is just what I have read between this form and other research. RM is a little younger and more active. Average age at Pearl 40-60 RM 30-60 Hedonism II is 20's-40's (that may be way off but it is what I have put together myself). I don't want to insult anyone but one thing described pearl as a nursing home feel. Also it all depends on the time you go and who is there. Again I have never been there so cant speak from experience. Though Pearl is the more up to date than RM. Another difference I have seen in my research is the beach at pearl is more of a public beach where you will have people from other resorts walk by while you are there. But you can go to that resort to take clothed pictures to show your friends and family when you get home. You don't want to be taking pictures at Desire and get someone who you don't have permission to take a picture of in your shot, as well as it is against the rules. Though I seen post about how people are seeing a lot of cell phones out making them less comfortable. I have even seen one thing from someone trying to get the part of the beach that is pearls to take away the clothing optional because they thought it was obscene that they could not walk with there kids down the beach. My response to that is I am guessing they were not smart enough to see a sign that says you may see nude people beyond this point. Again have not been there so am just guessing there is a sign and the person decided to ignore it. Where RM has a more privet beach. This is a very brief understanding of what I have found in the past month since I have found Desire.If any of my information is wrong Please let me know as I don't want to have a misunderstanding. I would love to see the other resorts in future trips and the more I know the less of a shock it will be going to different resorts. Like wife and myself are not and I repeat NOT ready for hidden beach. We have never been to a clothing optional resort before and going to one where you are nude everywhere would have been a shock for first timers. Also I have seen that the only way to really to know what the feel of Desire is is to go to Desire and then you don't need it described. So for someone who has never been I am probably not the best to say much. I just do a lot of research. I also lurk around on the forums reading everything new that is posted.

I hope this helps and does not confuse you and again if anything is wrong please let me know.
twoofus444
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Nov 2018

Postby CokeMann » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:24 pm

twoofus444 wrote:Hello I just wanted to share what I have found. Now the wife and I have not made our first trip to desire yet so if any of my information is wrong pleas anyone correct me.

The information is not necessarily wrong(with the exception of the age info on Hedo) - but after you have visited both properties you will see that what you have stated are just vague generalizations.

The info you provided really doesn't reflect the variances that happen week to week at each resort depending on the group of folks that are there that week.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby RJOC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:08 pm

twoofus444 wrote:So at the disco you may not have as many people getting up and dancing. Though as I stated I have not been there so this is just what I have read between this form and other research. RM is a little younger and more active. Average age at Pearl 40-60 RM 30-60 Hedonism II is 20's-40's (that may be way off but it is what I have put together myself). I don't want to insult anyone but one thing described pearl as a nursing home feel. Also it all depends on the time you go and who is there. Again I have never been there so cant speak from experience.

Having just returned from DP, I would say that there was no resemblance to a Nursing Home.

We saw couples in their 20's through 70's, but in no way any of they were nursing home ready. There was fun being had by all, with a full dance floor in the club every night, PDA at the pool (hand jobs, blow jobs, etc.) as well at the hot tub early evening through late in the night.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby TandD » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:23 pm

twoofus444 wrote:If any of my information is wrong Please let me know as I don't want to have a misunderstanding. ...so for someone who has never been I am probably not the best to say much. ....

I hope this helps and does not confuse you and again if anything is wrong please let me know.

I'm gonna agree with the other replies. I think it's a little tough for you to provide a "review" when you haven't been there yourself. Yes, you can pull together bits and pieces of what you've read here and there but I think a lot of it is out of context if not downright wrong. The nursing home thing is flat out ridiculous and you should not perpetuate that kind of mischaracterization - especially since you haven't been there.

It's great that you want to help the OP with deciding whether or not to come but I don't think you are qualified to provide this kind of feedback at this point.

That might sound harsh but you told us to let you know :D
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby twoofus444 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 pm

I guess I should have used more quotation marks. I am sorry for any misleading I may have given. I was just trying to put together what I had found as best I could. I tried to enfranchise that the only way to know what it is like is to be there but for some reason the night I typed that up I would type 2 sentences before they would show up on my computer. So my thoughts were going faster than my PC. Again I apologize about that. I guess the biggest thing I missed is siting where I got some of my info so you could take it more in context. Tripadviser is where some came from and was not the only tripadvisor I found stating that the night time was winding down earlier at Pearl than RM. I am sure that is where the nursing home thing was posted, as well as one of the first thing that came up on a google search. Whoever posted that must have had a really off time there. I am glad to here that is far from accurate as I would like to see pearl depending on how our first trip goes. Let me ask this as age is hit and miss anyway. Would it be more accurate to say that there are more Baby Boomers and Gen X-ers than millennials? With Gen X being the prominent generation. The cut off for ages is a little more grey then exact. Some people classify me as a millennial though I identify more as a gen X. Though at 23 she is going to most likely find herself to be one of if not the youngest at either Desire resort. Not that they will not be welcomed but if it were my GF I would want her to be ready for that. Now to get to where you thought you were being harsh I don't take any offence to that. I am glad you were being honest just like I was. I stated that I never had been there and was just sharing what I had found as he most likely had or would find the same things through Google. So I probably should not have posted anything about the nursing home quote. That was my bad. But at least the response complacently confirms that as probably a 1% chance of happening. So I want to thank you for telling me tripadvisor is not the best adviser to go off of. I am sure that everyone would like the sunscreen show though I have not seen anyone else post anything about it except for on article where a wife was trying to convince her husband he needed sunscreen everywhere when he first decided to go full nude. I would hate to be burnt down there. Also there is a whole thread about manscaping in the General info about both Desire Resorts Properties section. I feel I ramble on too much and I apologizes about that I just wanted to try and give reason as to why I posted what I did. To bring what google searches would bring up and debunk what info was wrong. I would welcome another new couple if they were going at the same time as my wife and I. That way if I forget to ask something from an experienced guest maybe they would ask it.

So to Inthesun if I put you off from booking a trip IGNORE what put you off. Every person I have spoken to weather on here or on the Hellions facebook page have been great people and are very welcoming and encouraging. I personally am a harry guy so when I go I will be getting the important parts and trimming the rest. I keep getting told when it comes to nudity just do what feels comfortable for you. Also I have found out you can take trips back and forth between the two resorts. Since Pearl has a dock if you do any excursions that require a boat you would go there from RM so to say one is different than the other does not mean much as you can experience either in one trip.

I am stooping here as I am rambling again. Hope you meet some great people on your trip and if you are there when we are feel free to say Hi so I can apologize for this in person.
twoofus444
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Nov 2018

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl