overbooked !!

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

overbooked !!

Postby michael5572 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:43 pm

just a quick heads up on full weeks days etc. We were just at Pearl and they way over booked due to cyber sale. Many people were asked then some forced to go to RM. they were given some comp nights on their NEXT trip. If you travel on busy weeks be ready for a possible move
michael5572
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 23 Feb 2019

Re: overbooked !!

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:50 pm

I just don't get how you can overbook unless it is intentional (and then to what end), much less not tell the folks until they arrive given that this stuff has been booked for months. You have 88 rooms, when the 88th couple pays, no more rooms.

Of course this was brought to you by the same folks who took 2+ months to charge our card for the very same cyber sale so I guess it shouldn't surprise me. Kind of shitty to have to learn about this once you arrive, lots of time, effort and money invested in a trip like this only to have been sold a bill of goods at the end. But hey, come sit in on our sales pitch!

:DL
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby CokeMann » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Not trying to get in the middle here or make any type of defense BUT

I would really prefer that if there is a problem to have the person(s) that where involved be the ones that directly post here what the situation was
- second,third, etc hand observations rarely tell the full and accurate story of what really transpired, thx !!!
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Bill-Joan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:04 pm

It happened to Bill and I once at another all inclusive resort (not Desire) in Costa Rica. We arrived, and they said there was no more rooms available, yet we had reservations for months.

They shuttled us to the La Brazilito Hotel ($10/night) roach motel, and said they would shuttle us back and forth whenever we wanted.

We left and went to the Four Seasons Papagayo and never returned.

Joanie
Bill-Joan
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby michael5572 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:39 pm

CokeMann wrote:Not trying to get in the middle here or make any type of defense BUT

I would really prefer that if there is a problem to have the person(s) that where involved be the ones that directly post here what the situation was
- second,third, etc hand observations rarely tell the full and accurate story of what really transpired, thx !!!

We were there first hand it was the weekend of April 23-25 our friends flew in Friday a day before us and got moved to RM when I called resort direct they confirmed they were over sold. We were told the night before our flight they could not gaurantee us a room at pearl. When we arrived the staff had gone around asking people to move over to RM some did decide to move freeing up some rooms. Not second hand Anyone there that weekend saw the samething
michael5572
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:05 pm

michael5572 wrote:We were there first hand it was the weekend of April 23-25

Ok so we have established this is not a current issue but happened some time in the past since it's only the start of March 2018.

Do you remember what year in the past this occurred ?
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby khplay8 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:30 pm

Did the people that were forced to move book using the Cyber sale?
Most of these Cyber sales that I have seen Desire advertise state that they don't guarantee which resort you will be staying at. Although we prefer staying at RM we wouldn't have a problem getting future comp nights just to stay at Pearl. Now if they sent us to Temptations or a Vanilla resort we would be unhappy.
SLS and KIK: KHPLAY8
khplay8
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Vtcouple » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:35 am

At pearl now poolside. Depending who you as they are 93-99% full. The desk person who said 99% said only 2 rooms open. Thus at least at this time no one is being relocated nor have we heard of this from all the hot tub interactions we’ve had
Vtcouple
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby vacouple » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:40 am

khplay8 wrote:Did the people that were forced to move book using the Cyber sale?
Most of these Cyber sales that I have seen Desire advertise state that they don't guarantee which resort you will be staying at. Although we prefer staying at RM we wouldn't have a problem getting future comp nights just to stay at Pearl. Now if they sent us to Temptations or a Vanilla resort we would be unhappy.

In the past you didn't know what resort, this year's cyber sale allowed you to pick your resort, just not the room category.
M & K
SLS & Kik as fvacouple
vacouple
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby michael5572 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 pm

CokeMann wrote:
michael5572 wrote:We were there first hand it was the weekend of April 23-25

Ok so we have established this is not a current issue but happened some time in the past since it's only the start of March 2018.

Do you remember what year in the past this occurred ?

Sorry date was feb 23-25, 2018 it was the week we went. Not been on in awhile
michael5572
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl