Cyber Sale "Run Of The House" Room Selection

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Cyber Sale "Run Of The House" Room Selection

Postby wbski85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:32 pm

When we booked our 3rd trip during the Cyber Sale back in November, it stated that our "run of the house" room selection will be determined within 2 weeks of our arrival.

We are still a ways off from our trip but we can't help but wonder for those who have gone on the Cyber Sale to date, what type of rooms people have been getting?
wbski85
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada

Re: Cyber Sale "Run Of The House" Room Selection

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:27 pm

We booked at the same time as you did and we still haven't been charged yet. Fortunately we have a confirmation number that the resort should be obligated to recognize when we arrive. If you've never been to Pearl before, the lowest end room possible is still a very nice room.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby lotusman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:23 pm

I too was not charged...even after emailing them mid-January. Their reply was they were running behind. In February I finally called and they ran my card while I was on the phone. Even with a reservation number...I didn't want the possible hassle of fighting to go on vacation I preplanned 6 months in advance. My prior reservations always cleared at time of booking. Strange.
lotusman

Will be at: Desire Pearl

Postby nokidclub » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 pm

We haven’t been charged yet either. Trying to decide whether I should call, email, or do nothing. We do have a confirmation email from when we booked back in November.

Maybe wait until rooms are assigned two weeks out?
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:01 am

They didn't run ours until we called, even then it took a few days after that. Very odd.

It's impossible to be so behind that over one weekend you took enough orders that it takes 3+ months to charge them all. With roughly 5928 rooms available per year if each was booked for a week, and if you charged 64 cards a day (1 person doing 8 per hour for 8 straight hours) you could run payment for every room in the resort for a solid year's worth of bookings in just over 90 days. They are obviously not doing that sort of volume. This is truly baffling, never had to beg someone to take thousands before.

Personally I would never risk just showing up down there with a confirmation number and not having paid, too easy to just be turned away at that point, "Sorry sir, that's a reservation confirmation but you haven't paid"... "Fine I'll pay now"... "Sorry both resorts are booked full, I hear Breathless is nice, we'll give you a discount on the next trip though". There has to be some other reason for the delay than "we're just behind".
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Desire2424 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:04 am

We booked during the Cyber sale as well. I was concerned about my reservation as I haven’t seen a charge either but I called the phone # on my reservation confirmation email and easily got through to someone who confirmed my reservation and said we had an Ocean View room reserved.
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby wbski85 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:26 am

wbski85 wrote:When we booked our 3rd trip during the Cyber Sale back in November, it stated that our "run of the house" room selection will be determined within 2 weeks of our arrival.

We are still a ways off from our trip but we can't help but wonder for those who have gone on the Cyber Sale to date, what type of rooms people have been getting?

Sorry folks, I think we're a little off topic from my initial question regarding run of the house rooms being given.
wbski85
Desire Superstar

Postby Desire2424 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 am

wbski85 wrote:
wbski85 wrote:When we booked our 3rd trip during the Cyber Sale back in November, it stated that our "run of the house" room selection will be determined within 2 weeks of our arrival.

Sorry folks, I think we're a little off topic from my initial question regarding run of the house rooms being given.

Check your spam folder. A few of the emails from Desire were filtered into my spam folder. I spoke to reservations and they said the rooms are assigned 15 days prior to arrival with an email for express check in. They also charged my card when our room was chosen.
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby Eric696 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 pm

We received the check in reminder email two weeks from our arrival date but no where did it say what room we'd be getting. I had to call reservations. We got ocean view.
Eric696
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 05 Apr 2019

Postby Friscocpl » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 pm

We booked the cyber room as well. We figured that the worst room at Pearl is still pretty damn good so we didnt stress about the room allocation, we have enough stress in our home life without adding to it about what type of room we would be allocated. Got a great room and option of an upgrade at minimal up-charge we we took. We spend so little time in our room it makes little difference. BTW We had our best trip ever two weeks ago! With teh bonus of catching up with some great friends (El Rey y la Reina de Pearl) that were on a day pass from RM. Life is good.
:NZ :RUS
Andy and Yulia (Kiwi & La Rusa)
SDC-Fun4us21
AFF- smokinhotcpl1977
Friscocpl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC AFF

Postby Dogma » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 pm

We booked the secret sale and we have done so 3 times now. Always got an oceanview room. We are fine with that. The room isnt a big deal to us. One couple I met booked the cybersale also and got the penthouse for three days! now thats luck man. The penthouse for $380 a night. Damn! Maybe one day we will be so lucky.
Kasidie: western
TTR January '15
Desire July 14-18 2015
Desire secret sale April 13-18, 2017
Dogma
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Mar 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Aff and SV

Postby Eric696 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:06 am

Eric696 wrote:We received the check in reminder email two weeks from our arrival date but no where did it say what room we'd be getting. I had to call reservations. We got ocean view.

Well upon checking in we were informed that we had a master suite with a plunge pool and two butlers. Just feet from the jacuzzi. What a surprise! So I guess you won't know for sure until you get there.
Eric696
Desire Fan

Postby nokidclub » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:43 am

Eric696 wrote:
Eric696 wrote:We received the check in reminder email two weeks from our arrival date but no where did it say what room we'd be getting. I had to call reservations. We got ocean view.

Well upon checking in we were informed that we had a master suite with a plunge pool and two butlers. Just feet from the jacuzzi. What a surprise! So I guess you won't know for sure until you get there.

Nice job! Looking forward to rolling the dice when we arrive in May.

Out of curiosity, when was your credit card charged?
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Eric696 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:25 pm

nokidclub wrote:
Eric696 wrote:

Nice job! Looking forward to rolling the dice when we arrive in May.

Out of curiosity, when was your credit card charged?

They finally charged me the third time I called and told them I needed to get it paid off. Otherwise, from what I've heard, they finally charge you two weeks from your arrival date.
Eric696
Desire Fan

Postby wbski85 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:32 pm

So when do you find out what room category you get? When you do the express check-in or when you get there?
wbski85
Desire Superstar

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl