WHEN WILL THEY FIX THE MUSIC?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: WHEN WILL THEY FIX THE MUSIC?

Postby Luv2bnude » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:20 am

We love all genres of music from the 70’s to hits today so my only ask is that they dont repeat the same playlist night after night and limit the techno spin. And anything that gets my wife and others to remove articles of clothing is preferred :P
One day by the pool they actually through in a couple country songs—Chris Stapleleton so just keep the music fresh and move your crowd to participate......
Kik Vitromartis
Luv2bnude
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Jan 2021

Postby Desire2424 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:05 pm

I noticed that the manager ALESSIO responds to comments on Trip Advisor. I posted a well deserved glowing review of the resort but mentioned that the music needs attention and mentioned ALESSIO to please take note of this concern. I hope if he sees this, it will be addressed. There’s no point to requesting a change if the right people don’t hear the request. I hope he hears us?
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Desire2424 wrote:I noticed that the manager ALESSIO responds to comments on Trip Advisor. I posted a well deserved glowing review of the resort but mentioned that the music needs attention and mentioned ALESSIO to please take note of this concern. I hope if he sees this, it will be addressed. There’s no point to requesting a change if the right people don’t hear the request. I hope he hears us?

:L They seem to pay attention to the trip advisor thing, not a bad strategy. I wonder what would happen if there were enough negative mentions to start lowering the star rating.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Desire2424 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Explorer79 wrote:
Desire2424 wrote:I noticed that the manager ALESSIO responds to comments on Trip Advisor. I posted a well deserved glowing review of the resort but mentioned that the music needs attention and mentioned ALESSIO to please take note of this concern. I hope if he sees this, it will be addressed. There’s no point to requesting a change if the right people don’t hear the request. I hope he hears us?

:L They seem to pay attention to the trip advisor thing, not a bad strategy. I wonder what would happen if there were enough negative mentions to start lowering the star rating.

We wouldn’t want to hurt their rating. I think the old “don’t shit where you eat” idea would apply here..... we LOVE DESIRE.....we just want better music. I’d never want to hurt such a magical place, just make it more magical. Those Trip Advisor ratings are huge to resorts.
Desire2424
Desire Addict

Postby animal hats » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:02 pm

The DJ 's use a program, they rearly mix off the cuff like real DJ 's . Now the DJ at foam party is real!!! I'm sorry but as soon as the show ends, Gloria Gaynor is not such a good choice to get everyone up and dancing :oops:regardless of age!
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Desire2424 wrote:We wouldn’t want to hurt their rating. I think the old “don’t shit where you eat” idea would apply here..... we LOVE DESIRE.....we just want better music. I’d never want to hurt such a magical place, just make it more magical. Those Trip Advisor ratings are huge to resorts.

I get what you are saying, and definitely wasn't advocating any sort of gaming the system, just wondering if something of that level is what it would take to actually make a difference as bitching about it on here certainly isn't going to change anything. We've mentioned it on our exit surveys, basically "hire a music director", but doubt they get enough of that to make a difference (or they simply don't care).

That being said, if they actually got enough legitimate complaints to move the ratings meter in a negative direction then they need to be hurt by that if they choose to ignore it because at that point they would be ignoring complaints of a significant number of paying customers. Doesn't really matter if the complaints are about the music or anything else, if enough customers complain about the same thing and they do nothing about it, that is bad customer service and is totally fair game to be pointed out.

To be clear, I've written no such Trip Advisor review. To me the disco/music situation is one of untapped potential, not "the disco sucks". We still have fun there but it could be oh so much better, way more sultry and sexual than it is now, and it wouldn't take much to do it.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 pm

animal hats wrote:Now the DJ at foam party is real!!! I'm sorry but as soon as the show ends, Gloria Gaynor is not such a good choice to get everyone up and dancing :oops:regardless of age!

That is a great point. One of the things that stuck out the most to me was the crowd energy during the foam party. The music was a big part of that in my opinion (along with more involvement by the staff). To me that's how it should be every day at the pool, a nice ramp up of energy around 3pm that carries over to the jacuzzi. Perfect.

I couldn't even tell you what the songs were, didn't matter, I'm not there to listen to songs, but whatever they were playing definitely had a positive influence on the crowd. Exactly the same concept that should be in play at the disco.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby Cpl du Nord » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:52 pm

The disco music has been in dire need of an uplift for years. A more important complaint, however, is their lack of action regarding the slippery deck floor around the pool area (particularly at night). There have been so many falls and injuries. I witnessed a severe fall last Nov and the Mr fell a year ago Nov, which resulted in a minor concussion on top of stitches. We have begged them to fix the problem via review comments and talking with managers, but it seems that they haven't done anything about it yet.

Be safe friends!
~xo Mrs
Kasidie and Lifestyle Lounge: CplduNord ǀ SLS: Cpl_du_Nord ǀ CND: Cpl du Nord
Cpl du Nord
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 05 Nov 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby trubluz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:03 pm

Desire2424 wrote:
Explorer79 wrote:

We wouldn’t want to hurt their rating. I think the old “don’t shit where you eat” idea would apply here..... we LOVE DESIRE.....we just want better music. I’d never want to hurt such a magical place, just make it more magical. Those Trip Advisor ratings are huge to resorts.

FYI...Alessio is now at RM and Alberto is at Pearl switch happened a few months back after Temptation reopened I believe they are responses left on the GM's behalf
Her curves can be adventurous!
Kasidie: madgerman
SLS: madgerman69
KIK: azmadgerman69
trubluz
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby animal hats » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm

FYI, Alessio is at RM now ! He's been there since late last year
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby Explorer79 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Cpl du Nord wrote:The disco music has been in dire need of an uplift for years. A more important complaint, however, is their lack of action regarding the slippery deck floor around the pool area (particularly at night). There have been so many falls and injuries. I witnessed a severe fall last Nov and the Mr fell a year ago Nov, which resulted in a minor concussion on top of stitches. We have begged them to fix the problem via review comments and talking with managers, but it seems that they haven't done anything about it yet.

Be safe friends!
~xo Mrs

Yeah, seems like they would do something about that. While we haven't had an accident per se, have definitely slipped a few times at the pool and in the room it can be pretty slick as well. It's not that hard to stay upright when you're thinking about it but it's hard to keep that at the forefront of your mind every minute. Naked falling isn't much fun.

We saw someone slip and fall pretty hard on the jacuzzi steps one trip. Fortunately he was alright which then made it ok to chuckle at the horrified look on his face as 6 naked guys jumped out of the hot tub to go render assistance.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby max4play » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:04 am

Sadly, not even generous tips to the DJ seem to make any difference at all - the music gets old pretty fast but we make the best of it. Breathless next to RM has awesome music but, strangely, something seems to be missing over there too!!! :twisted:
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Postby tumbler » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Eh, I bring my own stuff and take any requests.
tumbler
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Jul 2019

Postby Desire2424 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:09 am

MAYBE IT WORKED????? Below is the response from management to my post on Trip Advisor .......

Alessio G, Director General at Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort, responded to this review
Responded 4 days ago
Dear Guests.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an enthusiastic review of your stay with us. It was a pleasure being your host in your most recent getaway.
I will share your kind words with our team as an inspiration to continue working with passion to ensure our guest have the best of experience. I'm certain that my colleagues will be happy to read such lovely remarks on their service.

We have implemented a new music program with DJs, for the enjoyment of our guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience.

Best Regards,
Desire2424
Desire Addict

Postby Explorer79 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:10 am

Trip Advisor for the win!!! :D Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl