What's your experience been with the waitlist?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

What's your experience been with the waitlist?

Postby TandD » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:56 pm

A search found only one post that mentioned waitlist - as far as I could tell.

Our selected dates at the end of the year were full for the room category I wanted so I put my name on the waitlist. I'm wondering if others have done this and whether and how long it took them to get a room.

I have about nine months before the visit so I would assume there would be a fair number of cancellations between now and then but who knows. I don't want to wait for these dates for too long before trying to work out other dates.

Any insight would be welcome. Thanks.
TandD
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Re: What's your experience been with the waitlist?

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:37 pm

We were on the wait list and were proactive with checking back, not just waiting for a call. We spent the first night at Breathless.

Sounds like you might have a better chance this far out though, ours probably started at 2 months. Seems like we talked to someone who was successful with the wait list but that's foggy jacuzzi memory.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby willijes » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:46 am

Last Nov we were on the wait list for a penthouse suite about 3 months out before our trip, we didn't get it. I called about every two weeks or so to check in on it ( now that I think about it I might have annoyed them and that's why we didn't get it. ha ha)

We kept the same dates and enjoyed a master suite instead. Good Luck, I think the odds are in your favor!
willijes
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2019

Postby buried20kleague » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:16 pm

We're going over Memorial Day weekend, and it's sold out. We've done penthouses on previous trips, but we decided to try a plunge pool room this trip instead.

As the trip got closer, we worried we'd miss our penthouse more and more, so I waitlisted it.

I got an email a couple weeks later saying they had a penthouse for 3 of our 5 nights. So I took it.

We'll have to move half way through, but we're looking forward to it.

Basically they send you an email telling you what the situation is, and that you have 24 hours to call them to make your change.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl