Penthouse

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Penthouse

Postby Platinum » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:10 pm

How much fun is the penthouse, any ideas on the advantages of staying in the Penthouse
Platinum
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2019

Re: Penthouse

Postby DKCouple » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:45 am

I can't really compare to other rooms, as we have only stayed in the Penthouse during our 4 stays (coming back in November) - but here we go anyway:

Pros: Hands down - the hot tub and the opportunity to have private parties in it! Or just inviting people up for an afternoon drink. We have fitted quite some people in that tub! The view is perfect and the deck is a really nice feature. Also the free roomservice and butler service. As we stay 10-11 nights we also enjoy that the Penthouse is very roomy.

Cons: No elevators. Walking up the stairs in stripper heels after having consumed one to many margaritas can be a challenge!!

We enjoy the penthouse immensely - but I have to say, that all rooms (or the ones we have seen) are nice and spacious.

Mrs. DK
DK Couple
Desire Pearl: Feb/Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016/2017/2018/2019/2021
Venus/Gran Canaria - 2018/2019
DKCouple
Desire Addict

We are from: Denmark
We arrive on: 29 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby buried20kleague » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:36 pm

We're similar to the post above. In three trips, we've stayed in Penthouses each time. We're going next month and doing 3 days in a penthouse and 3 in a plunge pool room to see how it compares.

But the rooftop deck with the private hot tub/pool is beyond words. We love hanging with people when we're there, but we also make it a point each mid-afternoon to spend some time alone on our rooftop deck. The views are awesome.

Then there's the obvious benefit of being able to host. On each trip, we have a couple nights where a bunch of people come up and we have a party on the deck. I'll call for a bunch of food, and a few bottles of alcohol even (I think you get three in a penthouse before they charge you). It's a lot of fun to be "where the party happens".

We keep in touch with many couples from previous trips (about 6 of which are meeting us again next month), and they STILL talk about the parties we've had on our deck and the crazy stuff that's happened.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:27 pm

buried20kleague wrote:But the rooftop deck with the private hot tub/pool is beyond words. We love hanging with people when we're there, but we also make it a point each mid-afternoon to spend some time alone on our rooftop deck. The views are awesome.

Then there's the obvious benefit of being able to host. On each trip, we have a couple nights where a bunch of people come up and we have a party on the deck. It's a lot of fun to be "where the party happens".

:L
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Platinum » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:49 pm

We will be there, hope to have a nice evening with friends enjoying the view & a few bottles of champagne
Platinum
Desire Convert

Postby sailorman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:00 pm

So, we’ve stayed in the Penthouse at Pearl and the Ocean Front at Riveria Maya. In addition we bought a membership and now stay in the Master Suite. We really enjoyed the penthouse and the ocean front but after three trips we decided that staying in the master suite was more amenable with our budget. With the membership we do have a butler which is a nice touch and we get choice beach beds, etc. I think the master suite with the membership is perfect for the more budget conscious. If I had the money we would do the penthouse every time. It’s beautiful and private up there!
sailorman
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Jul 1914

Postby ksr » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:03 am

We have stayed in the penthouse 4 times, master suite 3 times and a junior once. The rooftop deck and pool are great in the penthouse. The master has two full baths, which is nice. Penthouse has 1 1/2 baths. We are headed back to DP in June and we have a master. I think the penthouse is a bit smaller then the master, but not sure. The penthouse, in past years, was not as expensive as it is now. For our trip in June, the penthouse was twice the price of the master.
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby Platinum » Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 pm

How many bottles of champagne can you get each night with the penthouse
Platinum
Desire Convert

Postby buried20kleague » Tue May 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Platinum wrote:How many bottles of champagne can you get each night with the penthouse

I can't say we've ever asked that question directly.

What I CAN tell you is we always have parties and order bottles of alcohol (usually a bottle of rum, vodka, and tequila), glasses, soda for mixing, and a big tub of ice. I've never been charged for it, though I tip very well.

I've been told in the past that the three bottles are what they'll comp before they charge. But who really knows. Our stays in the past have been 4 nights... I don't know how that effects anything.

But if the three bottles thing was real and accurate, I would imagine three bottles is three bottles regardless of what it's filled with.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby steveandchristy » Sun May 27, 2018 4:51 pm

We have stayed in a regular room, master suite, master with plunge pool and the penthouse. Hands down the penthouse was the best. Having the large outdoor area, the view and the pool was amazing. Downside - one night we never left the penthouse. It was so nice to just stay there with the view and the pool. LOL Now as far as parties, food and bottles of alcohol go, our experience was different. We ended up having a bunch of people up to hang out and called to order food and alcohol. It took forever for the food to come and then it was just a cheese plate and guacamole and a salsa. They said that was all that we could get without charge for the room. And one bottle of tequila which they said was all that we could get per stay without charge. It took so long for the food to come that by the time it did the party had petered out. That was the night we never went back down stairs. We ate the food and ended up just enjoying the food and ambiance. As far as champagne goes, we were told we could get one bottle and a snack (like a cheese plate) everyday and we did partake in that a few times, which was nice. We are not members, so I don't know if that made a difference. Also, to make it more affordable, we stayed the first part of the trip in a regular room and then moved to the penthouse.
steveandchristy

Swing Site(s) we belong to: aff

Postby mandjinneworleans » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:33 am

The last 6-7 times we have been there, we have booked a Master Suite and like it. Our problem with the Penthouse is the elevator situation. The outside elevators were destroyed by a hurricane years ago (before Desire took over) and have not been replaced. I will not walk up several flights of stairs and wife cannot do it in FMP's. When we are there (July 21) we hear all regular rooms are sold out.
mandjinneworleans
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Jul 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl