Evening Entertainment woes!

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Evening Entertainment woes!

Postby brewandsue » Tue May 15, 2018 2:50 pm

WICouple wrote:Looks like comments to management have worked. Just saw on Trip Advisor. Now I hope they follow through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guest service D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort, responded to this review
Responded 2 days ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor community.

Our pool is working perfectly and we are ready to offer our service and comfort to our guests, the days that we were remodeling our main jacuzzi. The bathrooms in the jacuzzi area have been a success, we have obtained excellent comments. In terms of entertainment, tests have been carried out on requests from our guests to put on some nights bands on the disc, not getting the best comments, that is why the bands return to their original place. Our entertainment team have excellent comments, and I am pleased to inform you that Charly and Kia are back in our animation team since 1 month ago.

Best Regards.

:L :L
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby stillyoung1 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:08 am

With the issues with the entertainment and disco, we were wondering if people start going to the jacuzzi earlier. In the past the fun at the jacuzzi didn't even get started until 11:00.
SLS: stillyoung1
AFF: wearestillyoung1
stillyoung1
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 21 Jul 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS AFF

Postby newbiepilot10 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:35 pm

youme69 wrote:We also just returned and didn’t like the new night time routine, no time to mingle and meet and talk the bands are in the disco and they leave the doors open so the bar is very loud. When the disco is busy you have a very awkward time when they take down the band equipment and everyone that hasn’t left leaves and it’s hard to get people back to dance to dj.
Really messed up the flow for the evening and talked to a lot of people that complained, hopefully it will change.

Don’t know if this is a stupid question but do they also play music in the jacuzzi area at DP?
newbiepilot10
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 19 Jul 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc

Postby TandD » Mon May 28, 2018 7:07 pm

No, it's not a stupid question and yes, they do play music at the jacuzzi. It's basically a "Chill" genre. Kind of low key EDM-ish. It's not overpowering and sets the mood pretty well in our opinion.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:13 pm

TandD wrote:It's basically a "Chill" genre. Kind of low key EDM-ish. It's not overpowering and sets the mood pretty well in our opinion.

Agreed, we were talking about this very thing the other day.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby pretzelandgeek » Wed May 30, 2018 5:41 pm

UPDATE: We just got back from Pearl this weekend and I'm so happy to report that on Monday night they played great music from 70s, 80s, 90s. The dance floor was completely filled. We left after an hour so I don't know whether they went on to the 00s. But good for them for improving this. Thanks Pearl!
pretzelandgeek
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 25 May 2018

Postby mandjinneworleans » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:52 am

I had heard that the live music outside the lobby before the opening of the show has been eliminated. In my opinion, there has not been much change in the nightly shows for years. It is fine for your first or second visit, but gets old after 10+ trips. I hear that there are changes in the EC Staff. We like to sit on the benches behind the dance floor, but the very bright strobe lights bother me. These are observations, not complaints.
mandjinneworleans
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Jul 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby brewandsue » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:26 pm

mandjinneworleans wrote:I had heard that the live music outside the lobby before the opening of the show has been eliminated. In my opinion, there has not been much change in the nightly shows for years. It is fine for your first or second visit, but gets old after 10+ trips. I hear that there are changes in the EC Staff. We like to sit on the benches behind the dance floor, but the very bright strobe lights bother me. These are observations, not complaints.

Our understanding is that the live music in the lobby is back.

Hopefully, the shows are changing some, as we have also seen the same ones many times.

If the light on the benches bother you, why not sit somewhere else?
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby TandD » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:44 am

Just got back. It is back to the way it has been - live music in the lobby/outside patio and shows in the disco.

Count us among the (apparently) few who have not been that impressed with the shows but this time we really liked the neon night show - well, the second half of the show anyway. Two performers (male/female) use light bars, lighted "hoola hoops", and spinning lights to make some very cool patterns and effects.

Still hit or miss with the disco music though. Enjoyed the first couple nights but then got hit with Eminem - "Slim Shady". Is there *anyone* who wants to dance to Slim Shady - much less look at the video that plays with it?
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby OKcouple4x » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:27 pm

The last trip, we decided to skip the entertainment. It was always "cool" but never anything you just had to see. Instead, we went back to the room after dinner, took a nap to get refreshed, then went to the Jacuzzi. Quite honestly, sitting out at the hot tub all by ourselves, with complete run of the place to do what ever we wanted in almost complete privacy was a blast. I know there is a lot of talk about showing up for the entertainment but we did not miss it a bit.
Looking for fun in our travels :)
OKcouple4x
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 Nov 2023

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:03 am

TandD wrote:Just got back. It is back to the way it has been - live music in the lobby/outside patio and shows in the disco.

Count us among the (apparently) few who have not been that impressed with the shows but this time we really liked the neon night show - well, the second half of the show anyway. Two performers (male/female) use light bars, lighted "hoola hoops", and spinning lights to make some very cool patterns and effects.

Still hit or miss with the disco music though. Enjoyed the first couple nights but then got hit with Eminem - "Slim Shady". Is there *anyone* who wants to dance to Slim Shady - much less look at the video that plays with it?

We just got back and we too enjoyed the neon light show. That was probably the most entertaining and innovative show I’ve ever seen at Pearl. We also agree with the rest of your observations as well.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby tandme » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:52 pm

We stayed for the first time early July so we had nothing to compare to but did read about the "woes" prior to our stay.
We enjoyed the pre-club shows but agree the opera, while good, didn't seem to be a good warm up for what was to come. A lot of the other live music was quite good but I think they could work a bit on merging the shows and music to the themes, especially Latin and Country, but it was a nice time to warm up and mingle.
As for the music in the club more variety is needed. No way were some of what they played "requested" EVERY night.
We actually liked the Eminem mix and a lot of the other stuff played the first two nights, but it then got old.
Come to find out, among other things discovered this trip, the wife has moves I never knew of and that combined with what she actually wore, or didn't wear, on dance floor kept me dancing for hours and coming back multiple nights and I NEVER dance at home. We were actually some of the last to leave a few nights but I will admit that may have something to do with the fact that some fine ladies got her to join them on the pole and that she kept me going by eventually not bothering to attempt to keep her dress puled down :D By the way, FYI, the dance floor in spots is like standing on a mirror! :shock:
As a funny side note, we actually heard Eminem's "Shake That" which was played EVERY night while we were there at a very vanilla location here at home the other night and we both just looked at each other with what must have been the craziest look to others we were with. I was actually relieved that she wasn't wearing a skirt because she was immediately ready to let go.
I could go on and on, even with its flaws, the entertainment worked for us. Good times... Good times...
tandme
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl