Evening Entertainment woes!

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Evening Entertainment woes!

Postby max4play » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:16 am

We were just at Pearl and the evening entertainment was NOT good. Except for one night, there was no entertainment in the lobby bar area. Instead, there was something in the disco until the "official" opening at 10:30 and it totally ruined the vibe. In the past, people would get dressed up, mingle in the lobby and wait for the disco to open. It made for a really social and fun vibe, full of anticipation and gave people a chance to show off their creativity with costumes and make new friends.

Now, people would walk into the lobby, go into the bar for a bit and, often leave because it was too loud to visit in the bar and it created confusion about when things were kicking off. The bar in the lobby was dead and most people had left by 10:30 so the disco was dead. The one night there was 6 people on the dance floor at 10:45 - it just wasn't working. We complained and were told the new manager, who came from RM, wants to mix things up but why mess with something that wasn't broken?

We sent emails to comment and ask for changes to make the lobby bar a hive of activity again but didn't hear back. We'd encourage others who were there recently and agree with this summary to write them and let them know how they feel. Maybe others like the more chill vibe in the lobby now but we sure felt it messed up our Pearl!
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Re: Evening Entertainment woes!

Postby Darin & Melissa » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am

We just got home on Sunday and noticed the same thing. On latin night the band was set up in the disco and there were less than 10 people in there. We watched for 5 minutes and left and went to the jacuzzi. We don’t have any idea what happened beginning at 10:30 since nobody was there. Mingling in the lobby before a show was always a highlight on past trips.
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby ksr » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:47 am

Interesting. We were there in March and it was business as usual.
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby buried20kleague » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Hmmm... We're a month away from our trip and are just getting serious about theme night costumes. I'm wary of spending a bunch of money if nobody is hanging in the lobby and disco both.

:(
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby sapiosexual » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:42 pm

buried20kleague wrote:Hmmm... We're a month away from our trip and are just getting serious about theme night costumes. I'm wary of spending a bunch of money if nobody is hanging in the lobby and disco both.

:(

Totally agree with you. They shouldn’t mess with a formula that works so well.
C&J
Pearl, July 5-9, 2021
sapiosexual
Desire Convert

We are from: Solomon Islands

Postby P&A » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:35 pm

My girlfriend and I will be at Pearl in one week. We’ve been reading posts in this forum for quite some time and can’t wait to get there. This post makes us a little sad in that it seems like the pre party in the lobby was half the fun! Hopefully people will still show up each night and want to have as much fun as us!
P&A

We arrive on: 01 May 2018

Postby P&A » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:37 pm

P&A wrote:My girlfriend and I will be at Pearl in one week. We’ve been reading posts in this forum for quite some time and can’t wait to get there. This post makes us a little sad in that it seems like the pre party in the lobby was half the fun! Hopefully people will still show up each night and want to have as much fun as us!

First timers for us BTW!
P&A

We arrive on: 01 May 2018

Postby max4play » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:17 pm

Darin & Melissa wrote:We just got home on Sunday and noticed the same thing. On latin night the band was set up in the disco and there were less than 10 people in there. We watched for 5 minutes and left and went to the jacuzzi. We don’t have any idea what happened beginning at 10:30 since nobody was there. Mingling in the lobby before a show was always a highlight on past trips.

We were there too - based on your avatar, I think I recognize you guys - we were the people with the back tattoos - wings for me, flowers and vines for her. We didn't even bother to put on our Latin costumes and also went right to the hot tub! We were very glad to go back to RM at which the pre-game was epic! I don't get it, we loved Pearl before but maybe it will change - everyone email!

For the first-timers, we know one thring - no matter the crowd or the entertainment planned, you bring the party, you are the party! So, you won't have any regrets - us "old timers" just don't love change!
We might be addicted!
max4play
Desire Superstar

Postby max4play » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:19 pm

ksr wrote:Interesting. We were there in March and it was business as usual.

We were there in November and it was awesome - apparently, it all changed in February.
We might be addicted!
max4play
Desire Superstar

Postby Darin & Melissa » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 am

max4play wrote:
Darin & Melissa wrote:We just got home on Sunday and noticed the same thing. On latin night the band was set up in the disco and there were less than 10 people in there. We watched for 5 minutes and left and went to the jacuzzi. We don’t have any idea what happened beginning at 10:30 since nobody was there. Mingling in the lobby before a show was always a highlight on past trips.

We were there too - based on your avatar, I think I recognize you guys - we were the people with the back tattoos - wings for me, flowers and vines for her. We didn't even bother to put on our Latin costumes and also went right to the hot tub! We were very glad to go back to RM at which the pre-game was epic! I don't get it, we loved Pearl before but maybe it will change - everyone email!

For the first-timers, we know one thring - no matter the crowd or the entertainment planned, you bring the party, you are the party! So, you won't have any regrets - us "old timers" just don't love change!

Yes, I remember seeing you guys. I mentioned the sparkles. You guys were over for the day. How was RM this time around?
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby D&Jhavingfun » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:23 pm

I received communication from a staff member recently and was directly asked to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding my feelings of the new GM. Apparently there are a lot of issues that are affecting guests and staff. I urge everyone on this forum to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was told that Orginal Resorts puts a lot of value on those reviews and collectively we could make some impact on these negative changes. Without all of us “regulars” the resort would suffer and we have a voice.
D&Jhavingfun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and SDC

Postby Desire2424 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:53 pm

RavishNRelease wrote:I received communication from a staff member recently and was directly asked to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding my feelings of the new GM. Apparently there are a lot of issues that are affecting guests and staff. I urge everyone on this forum to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was told that Orginal Resorts puts a lot of value on those reviews and collectively we could make some impact on these negative changes. Without all of us “regulars” the resort would suffer and we have a voice.

I recently posted a positive review on Trip Advisor but was specifically critical about the terrible and monotonous music played by the “DJ” (ugh!) in the disco. I got a response from ALESSIO from management claiming that they were in the process of changing the music program. I don’t know if they actually changed anything but management DOES pay attention to Trip Advisor and does respond.
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby max4play » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Desire2424 wrote:
RavishNRelease wrote:I received communication from a staff member recently and was directly asked to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding my feelings of the new GM. Apparently there are a lot of issues that are affecting guests and staff. I urge everyone on this forum to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was told that Orginal Resorts puts a lot of value on those reviews and collectively we could make some impact on these negative changes. Without all of us “regulars” the resort would suffer and we have a voice.

I recently posted a positive review on Trip Advisor but was specifically critical about the terrible and monotonous music played by the “DJ” (ugh!) in the disco. I got a response from ALESSIO from management claiming that they were in the process of changing the music program. I don’t know if they actually changed anything but management DOES pay attention to Trip Advisor and does respond.

Sadly, just there - status quo - the music didn't change yet.

And we'll create a new TripAdvisor account to do this on this weekend - great suggestion
We might be addicted!
max4play
Desire Superstar

Postby happycpl » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:18 am

we were there in early April and the disco pre-party routine was the same as before, so any change to that occurred following Apr 10.
KIK
happycpl3369
happycpl143
happycpl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 03 Sep 2019

Postby gocolts » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:52 pm

That's weird and alarming....we go for our 2nd time next Friday, hopefully someone gets to the bottom of it. So do they still start the shows at 10:30? They are still advertising the theme nights every night, but from what I'm reading there wasn't any real theme night or show. We have outfits for every night we're there so we'll hope for the best.
gocolts

We arrive on: 01 May 2019

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl