Name Necklaces

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Name Necklaces

Postby t_dotte » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:46 pm

During our first trip, some of the people had necklaces with their names on them. The Girl Scout kind made out of beads. They happened to be there during one of the group weeks and the group had given anyone who wanted one a necklace, and then their trip extended into the next week. It was great because you instantly knew/remembered their names. For the repeat visitors, what are your thoughts about name necklaces?
t_dotte

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Mar 2018

Re: Name Necklaces

Postby landw2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 pm

We first came across the name necklaces on our first cruise and found them to be very helpful. Especially when there are a couple other thousand people on the ship. We made sure to have some on the next trip and made some. We took them to Desire on our first trip there and were surprised not many people had them. But people commented on ours and thought it was a good idea. We have since taken them on every LS event.

You can find the letters at places like Hobby Lobby/Micheals . Hint: get letters large enough to read (smaller ones are too small for this) and use a clasp at the end for easy removal.
SLS Kas SDC LandW2

Pearl Mar 5 and Oct 10 2024
French Riviera and Greece/Turkey Desire cruises 2024
landw2
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby ksr » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 pm

We started making name necklaces and brackets about 4 trips ago. It is very helpful as it takes me about 5 sec to forget a name after introductions. Also, Jim came up to us in the hot tube one day. How did we know it was Jim? When Jim first got to the resort he wrote his name on his chest with a Sharpe. He laid in the sun for a few hours, washed off the Sharpe ink and his name was on his chest with no tan. Like the playboy bunny thing at the tanning bed.
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby werfun » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:43 pm

For a long time I worked for an airline at the boarding gate and in an 8 hour shift I could interact with over 400 people a day. It got to the point when the person left me I just forgot them and moved on to the next one. So I started forgetting faces and names as soon as they were gone. In my case people wearing necklace with their name really makes it easy for me to call you by name and not just hey you.
werfun
Desire Legend

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl