Yellow wrist bands - first time going to Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Yellow wrist bands - first time going to Pearl

Postby curious1274 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:27 pm

So this will be the first time for us going to any resort where clothing is optional We are in our early 40s and have been married for nearly 25 years. Our relationship is superstrong and there are no trust issues. I have read in the forums that when you visit the first time you are given yellow bracelets. My question is does that make you stand out and attract a lot of unwanted attention, because it’s your first time? Does the attention that you get depend on the time of year that you go? How you look physically? Or a little of both? For example, if my husband and I are not together, let’s say I am at the pool and he is in his room, and someone notices I have a yellow bracelet on, will that automatically set me up for people to come over and try something? The reason I ask is because my husband and I have been discussing “boundaries and rules” (FYI we are going into this with a very open mind , so not really rules, just discussing what is cool and what is not) and I don’t want any misunderstanding to happen if this scenario does occur. I want to know so I can be prepared and know what the best way to handle this is without coming off as rude. Thanks!
curious1274

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2019

Re: Yellow wrist bands - first time going to Pearl

Postby dsub69 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:29 pm

My answer if you are nervous--My experience is that just the opposite happens. People are more respectful and genuine than you will find anywhere else. (You won't really understand until you've been there). I never have felt uncomfortable there period. (with or without my husband). If you are in the pool, expect people to talk to you. Not hit on you, but genuinely talk to you. I know that if you read the boards, you hear all of these same things. But, honestly, until you've been there you can't fathom how comfortable you can be.

My answer if you want to be hit on-- Flirt it up! (all the same things that I said above are still true!)

D
Desire Pearl 5/17, 11/17, 5/18, 11/18, 5/19, 11/19.....5/20, 11/20
dsub69
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 02 May 2020

Postby curious1274 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Thank you for your answer dsub69. That is good to hear. We are just going to enjoy the atmosphere, the environment, and ourselves. Can’t wait.
curious1274

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:25 pm

I concur with dsub69, that has been our experience completely.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby newbiepilot10 » Mon May 28, 2018 5:49 pm

dsub69 wrote:My answer if you are nervous--My experience is that just the opposite happens. People are more respectful and genuine than you will find anywhere else. (You won't really understand until you've been there). I never have felt uncomfortable there period. (with or without my husband). If you are in the pool, expect people to talk to you. Not hit on you, but genuinely talk to you. I know that if you read the boards, you hear all of these same things. But, honestly, until you've been there you can't fathom how comfortable you can be.

My answer if you want to be hit on-- Flirt it up! (all the same things that I said above are still true!)

D

Do you really have to wear those yellow band? Our first time coming up in July
newbiepilot10
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 19 Jul 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc

Postby TandD » Mon May 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Please don't worry about the yellow bands. People aren't prowling for newbies to pounce on or waiting for a wife by herself that they can swoop in on and drag into an orgy.

If anything, they will let people be even more welcoming by including you in small talk or introducing themselves quicker than they might have initially - if that's even possible.

Maybe it's just me but I never even look at people's wrists. I don't care if they are a member, newbie, or whatever - and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Don't worry.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby NNJAsianCpl » Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Whoohoo...can't wait to get our yellow wristbands! All you vets better come say hi to us :D
Kik: nnjasiancpl
NNJAsianCpl
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby barebuns » Wed May 30, 2018 6:49 am

We haven’t been in a couple of years or been able to keep up with the forums. Maybe I missed that discussion. There’s a special bracelet colour for first time visitors now?
Desire Pearl Aug 2014, Feb 2015, Aug 2015, Aug 2016,
Desire RM July 2016
SMI April 2017
HEDO II June 2017
TTR March 2018
HEDO II Oct 2019
barebuns
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby texascouple1208 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:20 am

Yes - in the last nine months or so they introduced yellow wrist bands for first timers. White is for returning non-members. The other colors (gold/brown/red?) are for members and guests in upgraded rooms.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby werfun » Wed May 30, 2018 3:54 pm

We really don't care what color wristbands we have on. The important thing is that we are at Desire and that is all that matters,
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby barebuns » Wed May 30, 2018 6:22 pm

texascouple1208 wrote:Yes - in the last nine months or so they introduced yellow wrist bands for first timers. White is for returning non-members. The other colors (gold/brown/red?) are for members and guests in upgraded rooms.

Thanks for clarifying.
Desire Pearl Aug 2014, Feb 2015, Aug 2015, Aug 2016,
Desire RM July 2016
SMI April 2017
HEDO II June 2017
TTR March 2018
HEDO II Oct 2019
barebuns
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby newbiepilot10 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:40 pm

TandD wrote:Please don't worry about the yellow bands. People aren't prowling for newbies to pounce on or waiting for a wife by herself that they can swoop in on and drag into an orgy.

If anything, they will let people be even more welcoming by including you in small talk or introducing themselves quicker than they might have initially - if that's even possible.

Maybe it's just me but I never even look at people's wrists. I don't care if they are a member, newbie, or whatever - and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Don't worry.

:L :L
newbiepilot10
Desire Lover

Postby newbiepilot10 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 pm

AdultFunTime wrote:Ha. Been there 4 times and never knew the meaning of the various wrist band colors... not sure I cared... or at least some proof it may not matter. :D

I am sure there is a post on here that tells me what is the meanings of each color if I really want to know.

Nice to know the yellow one's are newbies as (I agree with above) we will go out of our way to help make them feel welcome when there for trip #5 this fall.

T&C

:L :L
newbiepilot10
Desire Lover

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 pm

The only distinction I ever made was that people who bought into the membership get the brown bracelet. I think the average newbie spends significantly more energy worrying about the yellow bands than experienced Pearl visitors spend looking for yellow bands.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby Made4us96 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 pm

We were there in October of last year and were given our yellow wristbands. The only extra attention it brought us was from the staff who checked on us to make sure everything was going well. We got no extra undue attention from other guests amd if we did we didn't notice.
Desire Pearl 10/17
Desire RM 10/18
Made4us96
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Oct 2018

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl