Angels and Devils dinner

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Angels and Devils dinner

Postby Greatcpl » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:33 pm

I think that is what they called, I saw a sign for it by the spa last time we went. It was kind of expensive and I couldn’t really get any details about it. Has anybody tried it?
Kasadie: Greatazcpl
Greatcpl
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Re: Angels and Devils dinner

Postby Centex210 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:08 am

We did it with a group of folks we did not know and did not really connect with. The others were all retired and older than we were. Some of them in that group said it was worth it and the other 1/2 did not. I hate to say that because it is obvious they put a lot of thought and work into it. After the dinner we and at least two other couples went and had dinner after. Others stated it was the best meal ever.

If you go to Pearl a lot, have a group to go with, have the cash to spend, and want something different... it might be fun. At minimum, it would be different. For us, we regretted doing it.
SDC & SLS - Centex210
Centex210
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC SLS

Postby WICouple » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Centex210 wrote:We did it with a group of folks we did not know and did not really connect with. The others were all retired and older than we were. Some of them in that group said it was worth it and the other 1/2 did not. I hate to say that because it is obvious they put a lot of thought and work into it. After the dinner we and at least two other couples went and had dinner after. Others stated it was the best meal ever.

If you go to Pearl a lot, have a group to go with, have the cash to spend, and want something different... it might be fun. At minimum, it would be different. For us, we regretted doing it.

Can you give some details? We have never heard of it. What is the menu?
Kasidie - WICouple
WICouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 15 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Centex210 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:32 pm

WICouple wrote:Can you give some details? We have never heard of it. What is the menu?

Sure, will do my best!
We went in April and have tried to put it out of our mind since then but will share what we remember:

Positives:
* Everyone serving that night was very nice, very happy as is with everything at the Pearl.
* It was very oblivious they put a lot of thought and effort into this event. I commend them for the effort!

Neutral:
* It's only once per week (so they said)
* It's new in April so it's not well known.
* There are only 6 couples (as I recall) per setting. It would have been much more enjoyable if we knew the other couples... well, maybe not enjoyable but at least tolerable.
* You sit across from your significant other and next to someone of the opposite sex next to you. Could be fun depending who is next to you.

Negatives:
* We got a hard sales pitch with a 1/2 price offer the day we got there. Should have known better. We felt suckered.
* There is no menu that we remember. No menu in advance for sure.
* It's in the room next to the spa. It steps down. There are no windows (or if they were they were covered). The room was pitch black with only enough lighting to see what they wanted you to see. You are seated at the table with no sense of what is next. The wife felt a bit creepy and I felt a little claustrophobic.
* The main course of the night was lamb. We've had good lamb before but this was far from good. Nether of us thought highly of any of the servings (first bad meal at Pearl for us).
* They put on a light show on the table using projectors. This fascinated the other couples there but for us, we thought it was kinda of lame and very low-tech.
* We are in our 50's and feel like we are in our 30's. 4 of the other couples with us were much older and they were split from being the most amazing night ever to I can't wait to get out (like us). The there younger couple that was there will not remember the night so I won't count their comments.

If money and time is something you have plenty of, this might be worth the risk. There were a couple of folks there who said "this was the most amazing thing ever" but I know three other couples went to other restaurants after the event. It simply was not worth the money for us.

Hope this helps!
SDC & SLS - Centex210
Centex210
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC SLS

Postby WICouple » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Centex210 wrote:Sure, will do my best!
We went in April and have tried to put it out of our mind since then but will share what we remember:

Positives:
* Everyone serving that night was very nice, very happy as is with everything at the Pearl.
* It was very oblivious they put a lot of thought and effort into this event. I commend them for the effort!

Neutral:
* It's only once per week (so they said)
* It's new in April so it's not well known.
* There are only 6 couples (as I recall) per setting. It would have been much more enjoyable if we knew the other couples... well, maybe not enjoyable but at least tolerable.
* You sit across from your significant other and next to someone of the opposite sex next to you. Could be fun depending who is next to you.

Negatives:
* We got a hard sales pitch with a 1/2 price offer the day we got there. Should have known better. We felt suckered.
* There is no menu that we remember. No menu in advance for sure.
* It's in the room next to the spa. It steps down. There are no windows (or if they were they were covered). The room was pitch black with only enough lighting to see what they wanted you to see. You are seated at the table with no sense of what is next. The wife felt a bit creepy and I felt a little claustrophobic.
* The main course of the night was lamb. We've had good lamb before but this was far from good. Nether of us thought highly of any of the servings (first bad meal at Pearl for us).
* They put on a light show on the table using projectors. This fascinated the other couples there but for us, we thought it was kinda of lame and very low-tech.
* We are in our 50's and feel like we are in our 30's. 4 of the other couples with us were much older and they were split from being the most amazing night ever to I can't wait to get out (like us). The there younger couple that was there will not remember the night so I won't count their comments.

If money and time is something you have plenty of, this might be worth the risk. There were a couple of folks there who said "this was the most amazing thing ever" but I know three other couples went to other restaurants after the event. It simply was not worth the money for us.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Kasidie - WICouple
WICouple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 15 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Greatcpl » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Thanks for the response, that is what makes this forum valuable.
Kasadie: Greatazcpl
Greatcpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby Lookin4satisfaction » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:21 am

We did it in May per recomendation of our friends who been there earlier. I thought that idea was nice, but the execusion was so-so and the company was ok. I think if you have good company to go with and have some cash to spare then you should try it.
Desire Pearl Nov 13, May 14, Nov 14, Jun 15, NYE 16, Jun 16, May 17, Nov 17, Jun 18, Nov 18, Jul 19, Nov 19, Nov 20
Lookin4satisfaction
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2022

Postby mandjinneworleans » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:28 am

That must be the space that DP used a few years ago when they were remodeling Aphrodite. During that time, all meals were in Pearl so this gave them overflow. We have six couples going July 21 and will pass on this.
mandjinneworleans
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Jul 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tspad » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Am I missing something? What was special about this dinner?
tspad
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 07 Feb 2019

Postby newbiepilot10 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 pm

tspad wrote:Am I missing something? What was special about this dinner?

I still don’t get it? Why the name? What is so special?
newbiepilot10
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 19 Jul 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc

Postby Luckycharms » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 am

We too are a bit confused? Is it a captive sales pitch for something or a "higher end" meal or some sort of entertainment show/meal (the "laser" light show"???

@};- @};- @};-
Luckycharms
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 22 Feb 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl