Food Quality & Service

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Food Quality & Service

Postby goingbare » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Up front, we LOVE Pearl !!!!!! Just so you know .. we have been there 9 times.... and will be back there again next spring, 2019.
but,
We just had some close friends come back from Pearl and they were complaining about the quality of the food. We been to Perl with them four different times as well as other trips together ,so I know them and do
not take what they say lightly.
They said the food was ... hit or miss.....
One night is was good, the next night the food was not. The service from the staff was excellent, as always... but when they talked to the General Manager, Alberto Martinez, he blew them off and would not address the subject.
That worries me...
then
I has a slight accident in late February at Pearl and burnt my leg in a recessed light ... damn, it hurt... and I had to seek medical attention .
When I got home, I emailed Alberto Martinez, General Manager, about the event... guess what... he never responded. Sort of like what he did to my friends about the food.
That is NOT the type of SERVICE I am used to getting from the staff at Pearl.
Has any one else had this type of experience?

Again, this worries me.
goingbare
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: Food Quality & Service

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 pm

Maybe he only answers Trip Advisor reviews...
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:29 pm

I have had interactions with Alberto since he was at Desire Cabo and he has always been very engaging, at times seeking me out during the day to ask questions or my thoughts. So, yes, I am bit surprised to read that he was dismissive to your concerns.

Have you tried to contact upper management at Original Resorts (parent company)? The DeLaPena family owns it and Patricia is frequently at RM so I know she will take an interest to any concerns.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Darin & Melissa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 am

I guess this might be another issue since the manager switch. Like changing up the lobby entertainment earlier this year and moving some stuff into the disco.
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby CatawampusHalo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:23 am

We had the same experience end of July last year. Tried all 3 restaurants and I think the only place everyone was happy was Unik. The rest of the time it was a 50/50 shot. Half the entrees were okay and some verged on inedible.

I realize the resort bills itself as a luxury culinary experience but they should have at least one thing every night that is simple and you can't go wrong with. Steak and veggies. Grilled chicken and potatoes. Not everything needs to be so... extra.
Heather & Jason
Pearl 20 Dec 30-Jan 6
Pearl 19 Dec 27-Jan 3
Pearl 18 July 28-Aug 4
Pearl 17 July 22-28
Hedo 05, 06, 08, 09, 14
CatawampusHalo
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019

Postby animal hats » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:42 am

CatawampusHalo wrote:We had the same experience end of July last year. Tried all 3 restaurants and I think the only place everyone was happy was Unik. The rest of the time it was a 50/50 shot. Half the entrees were okay and some verged on inedible.

I realize the resort bills itself as a luxury culinary experience but they should have at least one thing every night that is simple and you can't go wrong with. Steak and veggies. Grilled chicken and potatoes. Not everything needs to be so... extra.

We've always had great success when requesting somethings from the Chefs, as long as we give them plenty of leeway!!
If simple is what you want , I'm sure you'll be accommodated.
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby CatawampusHalo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:13 am

We may try that. The staff is always bending over backwards to make sure everyone is happy, I guess I feel bad making special requests on top of that.
Heather & Jason
Pearl 20 Dec 30-Jan 6
Pearl 19 Dec 27-Jan 3
Pearl 18 July 28-Aug 4
Pearl 17 July 22-28
Hedo 05, 06, 08, 09, 14
CatawampusHalo
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019

Postby jkuschill » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:10 pm

A long time ago when visiting one of my first all inclusives (Sans Souci when it was transitioning from SuperClubs to Couples) I took the "newcomers" tour with a resort employee. She kept saying "If you don't ask, you don't get." It's hard to remember, but if the staff isn't going crazy with something I've found that lots of requests can be accommodated. Earlier this year we were at Aphrodite and I was looking for a salad and there were all kinds of, ah, interesting things on the menu, so I inquired and they were able to create a very nice and basic Caesar. So, "if you don't ask, you don't get," which I'm thinking would seem to be a little easier for people in the LS to remember? :D
jkuschill
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl