Help Newbies !

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Help Newbies !

Postby Positive » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi everyone. My first post :)

We are coming to Pearl in early January . Never been to Mexico before. The only experience with similar resorts was in Hedo a couple of years ago, but without engaging in any sexual activity. The wife enjoys nudity, but not swinging .

A bit about ourselves: we are in early 40s, from Southern Europe, fit and very energetic, enjoying dancing late nights.

I have a few questions:

1. How is weather in early-mid January ? We really love sunbathing and swimming, but I hear different experiences with the weather in Jan.

2. I also read reviews that in January the average age of guests is older than in the other months.

3. Passbyers on the beach. We definitely don’t want to have lots of strangers passing by (and staring) the nude beach + I am sure most of them know about the nature of DP. We would not enjoy our time with a bunch of vouyarists (bad experience in Ibiza). How is the actual situation in DP?

4. Is it true that we can walk nude in every part of the resort (except restaurants and front office of course)? In Hedo we would leave the room au naturel and go anywhere we wanted.

5. Booking. We have the choice of either booking directly with the Hotel or via Castaways Travel. Castaways throws in complimentary transfer. What is the best way?

This is it for now. Thanks everyone who will care to give their advice and suggestions.
Positive
Desire Convert

We are from: Russia
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Jan 2019

Re: Help Newbies !

Postby mikeinnj » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Passerby’s happen but the staff keeps them moving. No stopping and staring and no worries.

Clothes are required in the restaurants and lobby only

Booking. We usually use Orbitz or the like as booking room with air is cheaper for us than doing it separately. For transfers we use USA transfers and book it through the forum so they can earn a little to keep it running.

The other parts I can’t answer

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby Beach girl » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:48 pm

The weather in January is hit or miss. We’ve had great weather in the day but evenings are a little cool. We’ve also experienced cooler weather and some rain. Either way we had a great time. In general my experience is the majority of the crowd is over 50 but there are plenty of 30 and 40 year olds. Age doesn’t seem to matter at Desire, after all it’s only a number.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Positive » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:09 am

Thank you both for the answers . Very helpful .

One more question : we are sill undecided whether we should go to DP or DRM. Pearl looks more upscale, but DRM seems to have a younger crowd and throw wider parties. I am not sure about the quality of the beach .

Leaving the prices aside, what makes the people choose one resort over the other ?
Positive
Desire Convert

Postby mikeinnj » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:29 am

We’ve been to both. The are positives for each resort that, imho, balance out. We usually choose the one we can get a better deal at and go there. The people determine the vibe and that changes week to week and sometimes day to day. You can’t lose at either.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:34 pm

There are positives to each resort. We are visiting RM at the end of August and Pearl at the end of November.

But if you asked us to say which beach is better, it's Pearl without a doubt.

Positive wrote:Thank you both for the answers . Very helpful .

One more question : we are sill undecided whether we should go to DP or DRM. Pearl looks more upscale, but DRM seems to have a younger crowd and throw wider parties. I am not sure about the quality of the beach .

Leaving the prices aside, what makes the people choose one resort over the other ?
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby Vanilla Xtracts » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:20 pm

The resorts are 25 mins apart so you could easily try both resorts and I recommend Pearl over the weekend for the foam party and beach bbq.

I noted you haven’t been to Mexico before so....., do you know about “running the gauntlet” at the airport and connecting with your transportation to the hotel?
Brian & Kath
VanillaXtracts / Naughty Nakations
Vanilla Xtracts
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Oct 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC SLS

Postby Positive » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:32 am

Hi. No, I don’t really what you are talking about :) Castaways travel is providing the transpaortion . What else should I know ?
Positive
Desire Convert

Postby TandD » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Positive wrote:Hi. No, I don’t really what you are talking about :) Castaways travel is providing the transpaortion . What else should I know ?

When you get off the plane you go through Immigrations and then Customs - no big deal on either of those except for maybe a long wait at Immigration.

Once you exit the doors in Customs you are in the "timeshare and taxi gauntlet" referred to above. Your pre-arranged travel is outside so you need to power-walk through all the people inside trying to convince you to take their transport or tour their resort or whatever. It's not really that bad but it helps to try and not look like a confused traveler. Just look straight ahead and get through the doors to the outside. Once outside, your company will either be holding up a sign for you or they might have a small kiosk where you check in. Your company should provide you will the exact steps to follow.

It's just common to warn the newbies to not get hooked by the folks inside.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby SingleMalt77 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:56 am

And just FYI- January is Swingers month, so you'll encounter a much higher percentage of couples in the lifestyle during this time. :)
SingleMalt77
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 20 Feb 2018

Postby werfun » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 pm

The airport timeshare sales people must moonlight as membership salespeople at the resorts as pushy as they are.
werfun
Desire Legend

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl