Service/food? Positive?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Service/food? Positive?

Postby Burntbum » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:15 am

HI Everyone,

We are going for our 4th trip to Pearl in mid September for 8 nights. Can anyone can give us some shining light that we will experience the same quality that we always have? It seems there has been a dip in the vibe of the resort for service/food. Maybe they have got it back to normal/the way it was in August?

Thank-you
Burntbum
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Sep 2018

Re: Service/food? Positive?

Postby red88vette » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Just returned last week. For us the breakfast and lunch seemed pretty much the same items as our previous visits. Their oatmeal that was a bit thicker than usual. Dinners were varied as before. The dinners at Pearl were, for us, a bit better than our previous visit in May. Unik has also changed up their menu. We are not picky eaters and always found something that we enjoyed. The wife is a beef eater and was generally happy with her selections. Don not expect beef like Morton's or other beef houses serve in the states.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Re: Service/food? Positive?

Postby Burntbum » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We are pretty consistent there. Morning we get omelettes and pick at a few things at the buffet. Lunch is the fantastic club sandwich, ceasar salad and always lots of grilled shrimp. Dinner we are fine with whatever is being served at the same restaurant usually pasta/beef/mexican. We find the "6 course" meal a bit long and a bit much and it just puts me too sleep after a full day. We are foodies and wine people but if I wanted a food and wine vacation I would put on my clothes and go somewhere else. (:
Burntbum
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 19 Sep 2018

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl