Already booked, but now questions....

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Already booked, but now questions....

Postby D&KJ » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Hello,

My wife and I will be at Desire Pearl in December. I have questions.

I am a little concerned about comment in some of the newer reviews about pool temp, food waits, and food quality. Is there anything to this? Or was that just a phase and has now been addressed by the resort?

We have never been to an all inclusive resort. We usually go on self guided adventures. Our choice for vacation was Pearl, or a 10 day motorcycle trip through North Vietnam and Cambodia. We choose Pearl. We are not naturists or swingers. We have been together for 27 years. She is 59, I am 49. I figured if we were going to a luxury resort, we may as well go to one that will push our personal limits and put us in an environment that we may learn or grow from, rather than sitting around a resort with screaming children, rude parents, drinking bottom shelf booze and dealing with rude staff. From what I gather, Pearl is not that.

My wife is not sure she will feel comfortable going naked much. She is into this trip, but has never been nude around other people. We are HWP, I think we are attractive, we have our share of extra flab, scares, and wrinkles. Hopefully after a few drinks and everyone else being naked and not giving a f&*k about it, she will feel comfortable.

But, when trying something so out of our wheelhouse (naked, a resort, Mexico without a dirtbike) the little comforts of a luxury resort go a long way towards being comfortable with everything. I am hoping we don't get a sleazy or creepy vibe from it all. Is it ever sleazy or creepy?

Is everything clean? I don't want to sit down on the edge or the pool or hot tub and touch someone body fluids. That would turn me off a bit.

The most important question. Has anyone ever done the horse tour that is available near Peurto Morales? My wife really wants to ride a horse around on the beach. I wonder if I should schedule a trip now, direct with the stable, or if I should wait until we are there? Is this something I can ask the concierge to arrange?

I read a few comments on a trip advisor forum about some of the locals (ex-pats it seems) do not like Desire being there, and do not like the guests to come into their businesses in Peurto Morales. I don't see how they would know where I am staying, but is there any truth to this?

Now that the trip is booked, I am actually a little nervous. I hope my wife likes it, it is too much to spend for her to not enjoy it. I hope December has some lively people, but at the same time, not too lively.

As far as public sex. I have mostly read that it is discreet and not in your face XXX sex in public. We are fine with that, hopefully we will find it arousing to be around, but I am not sure I want to see any more extreme sex acts in public. Sounds like in the common public areas that allow PDS, that it is actually tame and discreet. What about the sin room? I know, we don't have to go in there, but.........

I'll have more questions later. So excited, scared, turned on, and nervous, all at the same time. I wish we were going next week. It will be a long couple months waiting for this.
D&KJ
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Oct 2019

Re: Already booked, but now questions....

Postby mikeinnj » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 pm

I’ll try to answer some.

If your wife doesn’t wanna be naked, then don’t. No judgement.

We’ve never found it to be creepy or sleazy. Friendly and accepting are better words.

We’ve found it to be clean. No worries.

We walk into town every trip. Never had any issues with anyone. Also never booked a trip in town so can’t help you there.

There may be sex going on around you. But if you don’t want to see it, just turn a little. It’s not in your face but not hidden.

Feel free to pm us with any questions. Heading back in 13 days.

Mike
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:15 pm

These are all things many if not most have worried and wondered about some time before the first trip. There is no pressure to do or see anything, pretty sure you will have an awesome time. Can almost guarantee that the quality of the staff/service and the friendliness of the guests will be like nothing you've ever experienced in the most positive way. I doubt you'd ever find a more judgment free group of people.

I highly recommend joining the monthly groups for your visit. This way you can meet some people before you go - this really helps immensely when you show up as you'll already have made some acquaintances, some likely on their first trip as well - I think you'll soon see that at the heart of it people aren't going to be all that different from yourselves. I know this alone saved us 2-3 days on our first trip where we might have been more shell shocked, instead we saw people from the group instantly and were able to get comfortable immediately.

It's an awesome journey, it's the only destination I know of that pays off before, during and after the trip.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby ksr » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:19 pm

D&KJ wrote:Hello,

My wife and I will be at Desire Pearl in December. I have questions.

I am a little concerned about comment in some of the newer reviews about pool temp, food waits, and food quality. Is there anything to this? Or was that just a phase and has now been addressed by the resort?

We haven't posted in awhile so we'll give this a shot. For reference, we just returned from Pearl and are going back in Sept for our 12th trip to Pearl.[/color] I don't like cold air or water in any way. Extremely low tolerance. From Oct through March the weather is to cold for me-as is the water. The rest of the year the temps are warm. Just depends on what you like. We're not big eaters, but we have been to 10 different all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and find the food at Pearl to be as good if not better. Also, they get us whatever we ask for at any meal, on the menu or not.

We have never been to an all inclusive resort. We usually go on self guided adventures. Our choice for vacation was Pearl, or a 10 day motorcycle trip through North Vietnam and Cambodia. We choose Pearl. We are not naturists or swingers. We have been together for 27 years. She is 59, I am 49. I figured if we were going to a luxury resort, we may as well go to one that will push our personal limits and put us in an environment that we may learn or grow from, rather than sitting around a resort with screaming children, rude parents, drinking bottom shelf booze and dealing with rude staff. From what I gather, Pearl is not that.

All adult, all-inclusive is the only way to go for us. We do not leave the resort because we love being there. For us, no desire (sorry) to go into town. You don't have to be a nudist, naturist or swinger to have a great time at Pearl. We have been together 39 years, she is 57 and I'm 59--you'll fit right in. I think you will find that your personal limits will grow within hours of being on property. Pearl is a fun sexy environment with the best people you will ever meet.

My wife is not sure she will feel comfortable going naked much. She is into this trip, but has never been nude around other people. We are HWP, I think we are attractive, we have our share of extra flab, scares, and wrinkles. Hopefully after a few drinks and everyone else being naked and not giving a f&*k about it, she will feel comfortable.

My wife wears her bottoms most of the time and removes her top by the pool and in the hot tub. If you don't get naked, you won't be alone. I, on the other hand, go naked as much as possible. You'll see every shape and size. These are just regular people. You're right, after a few hours it seems strange to have cloths on, not off.

But, when trying something so out of our wheelhouse (naked, a resort, Mexico without a dirtbike) the little comforts of a luxury resort go a long way towards being comfortable with everything. I am hoping we don't get a sleazy or creepy vibe from it all. Is it ever sleazy or creepy?

I don't think you'll find it sleazy or creepy at all.

Is everything clean? I don't want to sit down on the edge or the pool or hot tub and touch someone body fluids. That would turn me off a bit.

LOL to the body fluids. No different than any other resort. The place is very clean. My wife is always commenting on the seemingly endless number of workers that we pass keeping everything clean and nice. And, we like things very clean, new and very nice.

I read a few comments on a trip advisor forum about some of the locals (ex-pats it seems) do not like Desire being there, and do not like the guests to come into their businesses in Peurto Morales. I don't see how they would know where I am staying, but is there any truth to this?

Can't help you here. As I said we don't leave the resort. There is always something to do and someone to chat with.

Now that the trip is booked, I am actually a little nervous. I hope my wife likes it, it is too much to spend for her to not enjoy it. I hope December has some lively people, but at the same time, not too lively.

Enjoy the nervous energy-you only get one first trip.

As far as public sex. I have mostly read that it is discreet and not in your face XXX sex in public. We are fine with that, hopefully we will find it arousing to be around, but I am not sure I want to see any more extreme sex acts in public. Sounds like in the common public areas that allow PDS, that it is actually tame and discreet. What about the sin room? I know, we don't have to go in there, but.........

PDS is common at the hot tub. Some discreet, some not. We like it and definitely find it arousing. At night we have had sex just about everywhere with no issues. Strangely, we have never had sex in the sin room. We love dancing and just don't feel like going in there while dancing or we just forget and move on to the hot tub.

I'll have more questions later. So excited, scared, turned on, and nervous, all at the same time. I wish we were going next week. It will be a long couple months waiting for this.

I'd bet a cold beer--you'll go back a second time.
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby jspin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:15 pm

We went for the first time this year and loved it. We have been to CO beaches in the past but never to a lifestyle friendly resort. As has been said it is clothing optional (CO) so if you want to wear a swim suit, go ahead, you won't be alone. But I think by day two or three you and your wife will probably be naked. Read the trip reports and you'll get a good idea of what it is like. Go, enjoy each other.
jspin
Desire Convert

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl