Questions from newbies

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Questions from newbies

Postby jaxvacation » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi everyone. Have our first trip booked. Few questions.

Woman question. What’s supplied in the room bathrooms as far as shampoo, cond & lotion? Is it decent quality? I hate dragging all that along. We always try to pack in carryons.

Do they carry crown royal whiskey? My husbands go to drink. Also, what brands of beers are available?

Does anyone ever walk to town for a few hours? Any fun spots?

We just aren’t into theme nights. Will probably do a couple of the easier ones. And we will miss lingerie night. Are there other opportunity’s to where some lingerie- disco at night? Also, my husband likes to where khaki shorts with nice shirts at night. He will bring nice jeans for certain restaurants. Will he be dressed inappropriately?

Any other info you want to share would be great!
jaxvacation

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 25- 2- 0

Re: Questions from newbies

Postby TandD » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Welcome to the forum - you will have a great time at Pearl!

There's no way to say this without it sounding harsh but if you can read this in a "friendly suggestion" kind of voice - you should spend some time searching the forum for some of your questions. Not only will you get your answers but you will probably find out more answers to questions you didn't even know you had.

But, to your questions; The shampoo and conditioner are "hotel quality". No idea how that ranks on any kind of scale. There does seem to be Crown Royal - based on a quick search of that question - no direct experience. However, it would not surprise me if what you get is not "unaltered". I know for certain that what was in a bottle of Don Julio Reposado was *not* the real stuff...

People often walk into Puerto Morelos - usually for lunch and/or massage. I'm not sure what other kinds of activities they have there but I haven't really heard of much. Given the seaweed situation, it might be a challenging, smelly walk...

The themes are just a suggestion. You can wear lingerie any night you want and it would not be out of place. It truly does not matter what you wear or how close to the theme you get. Do not sweat this.

Shorts should be fine for everywhere except the Pearl restaurant where men have to wear pants. There have been past discussions on whether jeans qualify as "nice pants". I was going to offer my opinion but it's probably better to just search "jeans" and crack open a beer...

HTH
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby jaxvacation » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. I’ve read tons on the forum and did some searching. I didn’t find a lot of current info so that I would ask for more recent information. I’m sure we’ll have a great time!
jaxvacation

Postby TandD » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm

jaxvacation wrote:Thanks for the reply. I’ve read tons on the forum and did some searching. I didn’t find a lot of current info so that I would ask for more recent information. I’m sure we’ll have a great time!

Cool! That info - that you've searched and were looking for recent updates - will also help people help you get your answers.

And thanks for not taking offense at my suggestion to search! :D It's easy to read those kinds of replies as chastisement and I'm glad you didn't.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Sue&Bob41 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:21 pm

With all the great food and drink available at the resort, in our five visits we never felt the urge to walk two miles to town to pay for food or drink. We find too many new friends to meet and old friends to talk to that we never leave the resort until our time is up. We are going back in February and we don’t want to miss a minute of it.
Sue & Capt’n Bob
SLS, SDC & KIK: 2Captains                   
Pearl - Ninth visit 4/7 to 4/15 2021
Sue&Bob41
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby jcsjr » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:07 pm

There is shampoo, conditioner and lotion in the rooms(regular motel quality). They do have Crown Royal. We have wondered if sometimes they refill the bottles with lower quality. The lobby bar and a few dollar tip will ensure a good drink. They have Tecate in cans and Dos Equies draught. We walk to town a couple times during an 8 night stay. There are a couple massage places along the beach my wife says are pretty good $25, nothing sensual just a regular massage. The town is very nice. There are quite a few gift shops, restaurants, and bars (I know food and drink are free at DP but sometimes I just want an authentic Mexican taco) a convenience store, a pharmacy. Its worth the walk.
jcsjr
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 20 Dec 2020

Postby jaxvacation » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:02 am

Thanks for the replies. My husband will be able to tell if it’s “real” crown or watered down. We are good tippers so hopefully he’ll get his good crown ;)

Sometimes we like to take a break from the resort and go for a walk and stop at some local bars and see the town.
jaxvacation

Postby Luv2bnude » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am

jaxvacation wrote:Thanks for the replies. My husband will be able to tell if it’s “real” crown or watered down. We are good tippers so hopefully he’ll get his good crown ;)

Sometimes we like to take a break from the resort and go for a walk and stop at some local bars and see the town.

I am also a Crown Fan... I found the Crown there mostly suspicious—in fact I threw away at least a half dozen drinks as whatever was being served was not drinkable. I did however receive what I thought to be the real stuff some days and at some bars. But going with the flow I moved to JD and it was fine. I plan to bring a large bottle of CR for my room next trip ...
Kik Vitromartis
Luv2bnude
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 07 Jan 2021

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl