2019 New Theme Nights

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

2019 New Theme Nights

Postby MaggieB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:52 pm

I've always fully participated in the Theme Nights during our prior visits but the recently announced changes make me scratch my head. They have tweaked and updated a few of the nights and that's good as they try to keep it fresh. "Lipstick and Lingerie" has become Lingerie and Masks. They have combined a BDSM theme with Gangsters & Corsets with "Masters and Mistresses." That's good. I'm happy with some new stuff. I enjoy planning and shopping for nice outfits that fit the dress code.

Here's where I lose it. "Gods and Godesses" ??? Why not just call it Toga Party and be done with it. There will be near zero variety. I'm totally stymied by the "Red Carpet" night. The theme, based on the photo and description, isn't to dress to walk the red carpet but rather dress as a movie couple in the movie itself. The photo shows a couple in "Top Gun" flight suits. I challenge whoever came up with this theme to name ten movie couples that are identifiable by their costumes and in which the costumes can be made sexy. I can't begin to come up with a good idea.

I hope management revisits this and makes some adjustments in time for me to shop. If not, I'm going to be bowing out of some of these crazy theme nights for the very first time. I invite some other ladies to offer their views on this before it's too late!
MaggieB

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017

Re: 2019 New Theme Nights

Postby MaggieB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Here is the web page for 2019 Themes:

https://www.desire-experience.com/resor ... d8226-e7a4
MaggieB

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017

Postby Desire2424 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:48 pm

I guess the new theme nights reflect the diversity of the crowd at Desire and I’m glad that management puts the effort into changing things up a bit. The reality is that the costumes only last a couple of hours......until hot tub time or when the DJ decides to play Bon Jovi and clear out the disco!
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:16 pm

The DJ situation has improved greatly. Since Oct we've been twice, there is a new DJ, I think his name is Rod. He actually pays attention to the crowd, is visibly getting into the music and actually looks like he's doing stuff back there and having fun. The old guy looks like he pressed the play button but is otherwise not engaged, like he's checking Facebook or something.

We got to experience both during our stays. With Rod it was very club like, music was conducive to the sexual foreplay that dancing can be, no abrubt record screech transitions, no mass exocus, crowd engaged all night etc...

With the old DJ all those things we've complained about were still evident, odd musical choices, no continuity, abrupt changes that routinely empty the dance floor. This was observed on consecutive nights so it wasn't that the crowd was different. Put bluntly, the old DJ just flat out sucks at his job.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Desire2424 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Explorer79 wrote:The DJ situation has improved greatly. Since Oct we've been twice, there is a new DJ, I think his name is Rod. He actually pays attention to the crowd, is visibly getting into the music and actually looks like he's doing stuff back there and having fun. The old guy looks like he pressed the play button but is otherwise not engaged, like he's checking Facebook or something.

We got to experience both during our stays. With Rod it was very club like, music was conducive to the sexual foreplay that dancing can be, no abrubt record screech transitions, no mass exocus, crowd engaged all night etc...

With the old DJ all those things we've complained about were still evident, odd musical choices, no continuity, abrupt changes that routinely empty the dance floor. This was observed on consecutive nights so it wasn't that the crowd was different. Put bluntly, the old DJ just flat out sucks at his job.

This is really great to hear. I hope you are talking about Pearl. I’m so looking forward to dancing with my wife to some real dance music rather than a prerecorded playlist of classic rock songs!!
Desire2424
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Mar 2019

Postby mrpskt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:45 pm

We will be there next week and update again. Serious problem that took way too long to resolve.
mrpskt
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Desire2424 wrote:This is really great to hear. I hope you are talking about Pearl. I’m so looking forward to dancing with my wife to some real dance music rather than a prerecorded playlist of classic rock songs!!

Sorry, it was RM :( I should've paid more attention to what forum I was in.

I had heard a rumor while back that RM had hired some sort of music or entertainment director, or at least they were going to pay more attention to it - no idea if this is true but the music in general was different in the disco, at the pool and in lobby area, all for the bertter, so there are signs of that being the case.

Unfortunately I don't know if any of that is the case for Pearl. We've only ever done day passes to Pearl so I have no context for what the disco is like there at night, but your description is reminiscent of past RM visits so maybe there is hope. It's not that hard of a problem to solve, hopefully they will given the encouraging signs at RM.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby ksr » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Just looked at the 2019 theme nights and have to agree. ??? Love the change, but "Famous movie couples"? Desireland? Going to have work on this. :US :shock:
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby Xyz123 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:17 am

I have to ageee with MaggieB. Especially Red Carpet (boring!) and mythical gods and goddesses (boring!). Masquerade, masters and mistresses and desireland are all relatively similar too. My hubby is never thrilled with Latin fever either. Maybe a water theme (sailors, pirates, mermaids), furry fuzzy fever, bikers and babes, sexy sports, Gaie Paris, tantric Tuesday (zen/yoga/whites); Jungle fever or Amazonia. Post more ideas!

We’ll be there over Valentine’s Day. Wondering if we’ll get the red theme night?
B & M
Kik/MeWe - BandMCA
SF Bay Area
Xyz123

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie - xyz123

Postby klak » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:37 am

Red Carpet for us is Tarzan & Jane. Gods and goddesses will be toga'esque. We will have fun with them all and I hope others bring their fun that week.
klak
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2020

Postby Crazysexywild04 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 am

There might be more variety than you realize. Some people will always put in a little extra effort to be creative and make it fun. We're excited about our Gods and Goddesses costumes, which my wife is hand sewing, and they are not Toga related at all. Try to have fun with it and think outside the box. The one we always struggle with is Latin Night. Pretty boring to us, but we'll keep working on it.
Crazysexywild04

We arrive on: 01 Apr 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kik jmsimm2004

Postby westcpl » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Xyz123 wrote:I have to ageee with MaggieB. Especially Red Carpet (boring!) and mythical gods and goddesses (boring!). Masquerade, masters and mistresses and desireland are all relatively similar too. My hubby is never thrilled with Latin fever either. Maybe a water theme (sailors, pirates, mermaids), furry fuzzy fever, bikers and babes, sexy sports, Gaie Paris, tantric Tuesday (zen/yoga/whites); Jungle fever or Amazonia. Post more ideas!

We’ll be there over Valentine’s Day. Wondering if we’ll get the red theme night?

I guess you missed the naughty nautical theme. I think they had that for maybe a year or so...It's just ending now
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby El Duderino » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Crazysexywild04 wrote:There might be more variety than you realize. Some people will always put in a little extra effort to be creative and make it fun. We're excited about our Gods and Goddesses costumes, which my wife is hand sewing, and they are not Toga related at all. Try to have fun with it and think outside the box. The one we always struggle with is Latin Night. Pretty boring to us, but we'll keep working on it.

This is the attitude that keeps us coming back! Maybe we've just gotten lucky to have an exceptional group of people there with us, but I'm always impressed with the costumes.
KIK: JandKcancun
El Duderino
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 05 Nov 2019

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Agreed - it's great when the creativity starts flowing with the crowd - some themes lend themselves to this more than others, for example BDSM and ABC (Anything But Clothes) really seem to bring this out. Others not so much (Latin night, the much maligned Tape Art). There's a sweet spot though, it can be too broad such as white, red where in that case it seems like people just "wear something white" or "wear something red", which can look nice and sexy, of course, but not as high on the creativity side (or at least it's more subtle and nuanced).

We love to see people expressing themselves in creative ways much better than just "pick a pre-made costume", which is fine, nothing wrong with it, but I guess we just find creativity to be a big turn on :)
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Postby ATM » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:10 am

What is even worse than some of these dumb theme nights is that they stagger them between the two resorts. So if you're like us and split your trip between RM and Pearl, you end up doing some of the same things more than once.

I think the reason they do this is because the shows can be performed by the same crew at each location on different nights (like the band, or the latin show, etc). One night at RM and two nights later at Pearl.

Still, it's frustrating. I don't know who comes up with this stuff.

Other than the glow night at RM, which they do really well, I'm pretty disappointed in all the themes.
SLS: FunPlayInTheD
KIK: FunPlayInTheD
TTR 6 times
Desire Pearl Feb 2015
Desire RM Feb 2016, Aug 2016, Feb 2017, Aug 2-6 2017!
ATM
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Feb 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl