Rumor - Mansion to be built at Desire Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Rumor - Mansion to be built at Desire Pearl

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah, the members only thing makes no sense as to why they would actually set things up that way. On the other hand it makes perfect sense for someone who's job it is to sell memberships to a club would infer to prospective customers that this great new thing (another location, mansion, space ship rides), would only be available to those that buy into the club. Skepticism should always run high with these folks or anyone else that uses similar sales techniques.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby CokeMann » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 pm

K and P wrote: we were told by one of our corporate contacts that Alessio is general manager for both Pearl and RM and that Alberto has moved on to another resort in Cabo.

This is not a rumor - it's true, Alberto's family is all in the Cabo area and he decided to return to the area.

K and P wrote:The entertainment manager from RM- Sergio- is looking after both resorts but, as usual, Charlie looks after most of the day to day responsibilities at Pearl.

This is not a rumor - it's true, actually Sergio has been the Entertainment Manager for both properties since he first was hired by Original Resorts.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby arcouple » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:21 pm

CokeMann wrote:1. Original Resorts doesn't currently own the Pearl property - the property is being leased and operated by Original Resorts and by contract they are not allowed to do any major construction /modifications to the existing property. - In order to proceed with any major construction Original Resorts would first have to decide to outright purchase the property when their current renewed lease expires in a few years

We were told (by the sales nazis) that the property is now owned by Original Resorts...allowing them to start updating the resort, and build the adjacent "Mansion"... and we "had better buy in that day, as the next day it will go public and we will have missed out on a GREAT opportunity".

Those scumbags need to be drug through the coals, for the lies that they spread.
arcouple
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Apr 2020

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:16 am

We were told this story over the summer while at RM, complete with some artist renderings. We shall see if/when it ever comes to fruition.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby bigbill » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Just arrived at DRM and the first thing they did was pitch us for a “member update” about the pearl mansions. They could have at least waited an hour. No thanks!!
Kik: bigbillcan
bigbill
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2018

Postby nokidclub » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:29 pm

For what it's worth, there is an article on the mansions in the current Original Resorts magazine:

https://www.original-group.com/revista-acceso-no-2/

Anyone fluent in Spanish may find it interesting.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby K&RinTX » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:20 pm

nokidclub wrote:For what it's worth, there is an article on the mansions in the current Original Resorts magazine:

https://www.original-group.com/revista-acceso-no-2/

Anyone fluent in Spanish may find it interesting.

That's cool, it's too bad they don't publish an english version, we would love to keep up between trips.
Kasidie: kandrintx
SDC: KRDFW
Twitter: KRDFW
K&RinTX
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby bigbill » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Yes, an English version would be amazing. I will mention that to them.

We are still at DRM so I’m going to keep this short for now, but the bottom line is that the Pearl Mansions are 100% happening.

****Wayne, I know you will say it isn’t happening until you see the press release...I get that... this one is happening. More details later...
bigbill
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:33 pm

bigbill wrote:****Wayne, I know you will say it isn’t happening until you see the press release...I get that... this one is happening. More details later...

I really don't have an opinion one way or another - frankly it would make good business sense to have an equivalent at Pearl to the high end "Villas" at DRM. A way to add a few more rooms at Pearl and get the maximum $$$$ return from those that are willing to pay the price.

Not that I think most of us could afford them and/or be willing to pay the nightly price or that they would be restricted to booking to only membership types - so I guess I'm just confused about why everyone is excited about this possibility........ lol ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Explorer79 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Same here, to me it will make no difference if they do this or not, it's literally of no consequence to me. My skepticism is completely rooted in the fact that from day 1 the membership folks have proven themselves to us to be untrustworthy so naturally anything they say, without supporting evidence, is gonna be I'll believe it when I see it. It may indeed happen but nothing is 100%.

As for the mansion concept, at least as I understand it, others may find value in it but most won't for $$$ reasons alone. Even if I had that kind of money to throw around I don't think I'd do it. I don't really come to Desire to have a more private exclusive type of experience away from most everyone else, I much prefer an experience with a larger crowd. There are 8 rooms, but even so unless you are booking together with people (a non trivial logistical exercise) who knows what the other 7 couples would be like, you could end up in the mansion with a group of people you don't connect with at all.

Others will be different if course, so good for them if they find this concept appealing.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby bigbill » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 pm

So here is the skinny on what I was told this week.

We had an "issue" that required (I insisted) on talking to a senior member of the Original Resorts team. It took a couple of days to setup a meeting but I finally got to sit down and go through my "issue" with them. While working it out I took the opportunity to ask them about a few things and rumours etc. I have every reason to believe the person was extremely honest and forthcoming. Here is what I was told.

Pearl Mansions
100% being built, in fact they are aggressively selling the Mansion now through the membership process. They are very VERY expensive. They will be built where the yellow/orange staff house is behind the spa at Pearl. Formal press release to coincide with demolition of current building which will be taking place late February/Early March. They are marketing the 8 rooms in the Mansion as primarily "members only" however they acknowledged that they would make the inventory available to non-members if not booked within a certain number of days before arrival. So basically "Mansion Members" will have an advance exclusive booking period and at some predetermined point (likely somewhere between 30-90 days out) any unbooked Mansion rooms will be available for others to book. I asked specifically about ownership/status of the Pearl lands. Original has not YET purchased the Pearl lands however they have reached a new (renewed) lease agreement with an option to purchase. This clears the way for demolition and construction of the Mansion. Target completion date for the Mansion project is early fall 2019.

New Villas at Desire Riviera Maya
4 more villas will be built at DRM beginning in early 2020

New Desire Property in Northern Cancun or near hotel zone or Playa Mujeres
Project is dead, 100% not happening. Ownership was unable to reach a lease or purchase agreement with the various property owners that they were working with. Forget about this one.

New Temptation in the Dominican Republic
Already happening/announced. Press release is already available here: https://www.original-group.com/press/
Things are on track for a late 2019 opening (they want to be open for New Years Eve)

New Desire in the Dominican Republic
This will be happening as well, with an official announcement to come 1st or 2nd quarter of 2019. Opening planned for end of 2020. Property will be very close, but not adjacent to, the new Temptation in the DR.

That's all I got folks.
bigbill
Desire Lover

Postby Wifeyswing » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:54 pm

bigbill wrote:So here is the skinny on what I was told this week.

We had an "issue" that required (I insisted) on talking to a senior member of the Original Resorts team. It took a couple of days to setup a meeting but I finally got to sit down and go through my "issue" with them. While working it out I took the opportunity to ask them about a few things and rumours etc. I have every reason to believe the person was extremely honest and forthcoming. Here is what I was told.

Pearl Mansions
100% being built, in fact they are aggressively selling the Mansion now through the membership process. They are very VERY expensive. They will be built where the yellow/orange staff house is behind the spa at Pearl. Formal press release to coincide with demolition of current building which will be taking place late February/Early March. They are marketing the 8 rooms in the Mansion as primarily "members only" however they acknowledged that they would make the inventory available to non-members if not booked within a certain number of days before arrival. So basically "Mansion Members" will have an advance exclusive booking period and at some predetermined point (likely somewhere between 30-90 days out) any unbooked Mansion rooms will be available for others to book. I asked specifically about ownership/status of the Pearl lands. Original has not YET purchased the Pearl lands however they have reached a new (renewed) lease agreement with an option to purchase. This clears the way for demolition and construction of the Mansion. Target completion date for the Mansion project is early fall 2019.

New Villas at Desire Riviera Maya
4 more villas will be built at DRM beginning in early 2020

New Desire Property in Northern Cancun or near hotel zone or Playa Mujeres
Project is dead, 100% not happening. Ownership was unable to reach a lease or purchase agreement with the various property owners that they were working with. Forget about this one.

New Temptation in the Dominican Republic
Already happening/announced. Press release is already available here: https://www.original-group.com/press/
Things are on track for a late 2019 opening (they want to be open for New Years Eve)

New Desire in the Dominican Republic
This will be happening as well, with an official announcement to come 1st or 2nd quarter of 2019. Opening planned for end of 2020. Property will be very close, but not adjacent to, the new Temptation in the DR.

That's all I got folks.

Nice and thorough report. Thanks
Wifeyswing
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Dec 2018

Postby jandr1013 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:42 am

Hopefully I can link directly to this video on Facebook, but it's Sarah Clayton doing a Facebook Live video on the Desire FB page discussing the Desire Pearl mansions as well as a number of the perks. She also discussed that Unik will be turned into another Suki with a Japanese menu. It's not a press release, but unless this is a very thorough fake Desire page, it seems like something Original Resorts is willing to announce publicly.
jandr1013 on Swinging Heaven (Canada) and Cafe Desire
Desire Trip #13 at Pearl Nov 2-9th, 2024
jandr1013
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Nov 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SHeaven CafeDesire

Postby werfun » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Like the old saying goes "I'll believe it when I see it, not what someone says."
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby CokeMann » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:14 pm

I guess I just don't "get" what the interest/excitement about this is .....

Reality check. The Desire Villas at Rivera Maya are priced for 2019 at $1800 a night(with a two night minimum) in the off season. Figure each of the rooms in the Pearl mansion building are going to be at least a similar if not higher priced and probably have similar minimum booking conditions.

So straw poll - who on here is really going to pony up at least $3600 for two nights for one room in the Pearl mansion building - if actually happens ?
CokeMann
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl