Rumor - Mansion to be built at Desire Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Rumor - Mansion to be built at Desire Pearl

Postby puffer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:01 pm

8 bedroom mansion to be built at Desire Pearl with private pool, hot tub, private dining. To be built next to spa so will be set back in the property. Playboy mansion kind of thing. Only available for booking to members. Each guest staying there allowed to invite a guest (couple) to the mansion via a day pass kind of program. To be completed sometime in 2019. Also a Temptations and a Desire property slated for Dominican Republic both to be completed before end of 2020. According to people doing membership pitch last week.
puffer
Desire Fan

We are from: USA

Re: Rumor - Mansion to be built at Desire Pearl

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm

puffer wrote:8 bedroom mansion to be built at Desire Pearl with private pool, hot tub, private dining. To be built next to spa so will be set back in the property. Playboy mansion kind of thing. Only available for booking to members. Each guest staying there allowed to invite a guest (couple) to the mansion via a day pass kind of program. To be completed sometime in 2019. Also a Temptations and a Desire property slated for Dominican Republic both to be completed before end of 2020. According to people doing membership pitch last week.

And there is the important piece of info of this tale (not that you told one but rather there's a reasonable chance that you were told one, if history is any indication). Take anything they say with many grains of salt. Only believe it when you see an official announcement from Original Resorts.

For example, in the last year alone that makes about the 5th thing I've heard that is supposed to happen in the next 18 months.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby puffer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Explorer79 wrote:
puffer wrote:8 bedroom mansion to be built at Desire Pearl with private pool, hot tub, private dining. To be built next to spa so will be set back in the property. Playboy mansion kind of thing. Only available for booking to members. Each guest staying there allowed to invite a guest (couple) to the mansion via a day pass kind of program. To be completed sometime in 2019. Also a Temptations and a Desire property slated for Dominican Republic both to be completed before end of 2020. According to people doing membership pitch last week.

And there is the important piece of info of this tale (not that you told one but rather there's a reasonable chance that you were told one, if history is any indication). Take anything they say with many grains of salt. Only believe it when you see an official announcement from Original Resorts.

For example, in the last year alone that makes about the 5th thing I've heard that is supposed to happen in the next 18 months.

Agree....Prior year they told us a new property was going to be built north of Cancun. This year they told us they have now dropped that plan.
puffer
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Admin Note: There are three things wrong with this rumor.

1. Original Resorts doesn't currently own the Pearl property - the property is being leased and operated by Original Resorts and by contract they are not allowed to do any major construction /modifications to the existing property.

2. Original Resorts is in the business to make money and they would never limit the booking of any room, suite or (sic)mansion to just members.

3. Consider the source of this rumor, ie membership sales people - the same ones that have said in the past that Pearl was gong to become members only and ...and....and..... LOL
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby NoRegrets » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:41 pm

On the Mansion, we sat through the sales pitch, numbers and all. If it is just a rumour then the resort is taking people's money falsely as we watched our poolside neighbours purchase into it. The ask was for for north of a $100K. They had room mock ups, they had floor plans...so I hope that these posts of it being a rumour are not correct as it would greatly concern us as to what is going on at the resort.
NoRegrets
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Oct 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby CokeMann » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:27 am

NoRegrets wrote:On the Mansion, we sat through the sales pitch, numbers and all. If it is just a rumour then the resort is taking people's money falsely as we watched our poolside neighbours purchase into it. The ask was for for north of a $100K. They had room mock ups, they had floor plans...so I hope that these posts of it being a rumour are not correct as it would greatly concern us as to what is going on at the resort.

Firstly it's not the resort management saying this or the resort taking peoples money - it's a membership sales pitch to get people to buy into being part of that vacation club.

As noted earlier in this thread
puffer wrote:Prior year they told us a new property was going to be built north of Cancun. This year they told us they have now dropped that plan.

What about all the people that bought in believing that there was going to be a new Desire Property north of Cancun - ps they had artist renderings and floor plans for that as well.... do I feel sorry for those that bought in assuming that they would have a third Desire location - frankly no !
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Don & Jeanne » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:58 am

From what I hear and read, the pitch is only for finagling a Massage or something. As much fun as this place is, I can't imagine going anywhere exclusively enough to "Pay Up". If anyone here has better information or experience, please chime in. Do tell...
Don of (Don & Jeanne)
Kasidie & Kik: DueTeste
MeWe: Due Teste
Don & Jeanne
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby CokeMann » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 am

Don & Jeanne wrote:From what I hear and read, the pitch is only for finagling a Massage or something. As much fun as this place is, I can't imagine going anywhere exclusively enough to "Pay Up". If anyone here has better information or experience, please chime in. Do tell...

Admin Note: FYI - There are no discussions allowed on this forum about the membership program
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby puffer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:16 am

There is an orange building towards the back of the property to the right of the spa in the attached photo where they claimed the mansion will be. Don't recall for sure if they said to be torn down and rebuilt or converted but thought they said brand new building.

Just sharing what we were told during sales pitch. TBD I guess.

puffer
Desire Fan

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:09 am

My guess is they will finish the mansion right after they open Desire north of Cancun(members only) and Desire Dominican Republic. Any that believes what those sales people say, get what the deserve.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 am

They are not exactly world leaders in the concept of establishing trust.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby puffer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 am

For what it is worth the spa manager also pointed out location of new mansion to us.
puffer
Desire Fan

Postby bigbill » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:37 pm

While I agree with Cokeman and others that the only true way to tell whether or not something is going to happen or not is by way of an official press release, I will add what I heard and saw with regard to the Pearl Mansions.

On a visit in May of this year we were shown - all on an iPad - Desire branded drawings, artists renderings/photos, etc. of the new "Pearl Mansions". We were told these would be added "sometime" in the future at Pearl in order to be similar to the Villas at RM. We were also told that they would be going behind the spa where the current yellow/orange house is on the property and that it would be torn down.

Based on past performance I'm not sure I believe that it will ever happen, but who knows. I'm back at Desire in 48 hours, I will ask again. But take it all with a grain of salt until the press release comes out.
Kik: bigbillcan
bigbill
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2018

Postby CokeMann » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:43 pm

bigbill wrote:While I agree with Cokeman and others that the only true way to tell whether or not something is going to happen or not is by way of an official press release, I will add what I heard and saw with regard to the Pearl Mansions.

On a visit in May of this year we were shown - all on an iPad - Desire branded drawings, artists renderings/photos, etc. of the new "Pearl Mansions". We were told these would be added "sometime" in the future at Pearl in order to be similar to the Villas at RM. We were also told that they would be going behind the spa where the current yellow/orange house is on the property and that it would be torn down.

Based on past performance I'm not sure I believe that it will ever happen, but who knows. I'm back at Desire in 48 hours, I will ask again. But take it all with a grain of salt until the press release comes out.

I'm not saying that it may not happen some time in the future but as stated earlier in the thread:

1. Original Resorts doesn't currently own the Pearl property - the property is being leased and operated by Original Resorts and by contract they are not allowed to do any major construction /modifications to the existing property. - In order to proceed with any major construction Original Resorts would first have to decide to outright purchase the property when their current renewed lease expires in a few years

2. Original Resorts is in the business to make money and they would never limit the booking of any room, suite or (sic)mansion to just members.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby K and P » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:56 pm

We heard something similar last summer although, in truth, we were also told privately that the lease may not be renewed for Pearl and that the resort would be shifted to the new property north of Cancun. I imagine that the plans for the new resort were made just in case an agreement on the lease couldn't be reached.

The building mentioned in the comments above is actually part of the property. For years whenever the resort got fully booked the entertainment staff would be bumped from their rooms to a house in Puerto Morales only to return to different rooms a few days later. A couple of years ago they built permanent rooms for the entertainment crew in the building referenced so that is where they live full time.

As long as the topic is on rumours and gossip we were told by one of our corporate contacts that Alessio is general manager for both Pearl and RM and that Alberto has moved on to another resort in Cabo. The entertainment manager from RM- Sergio- is looking after both resorts but, as usual, Charlie looks after most of the day to day responsibilities at Pearl.
K and P
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 16 Apr 2017

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl