What do you do when it rains ?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

What do you do when it rains ?

Postby enticing » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Do you have any suggestions if it rains ?
Do you have any memorable or favorite rainy day activities?
enticing
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 12 Mar 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Re: What do you do when it rains ?

Postby rykerw1701 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:05 pm

Our second trip to Pearl had a fair amount of rain. We stumbled across the Richard and Lauren Art of Touch Workshop. This was the one that focused on her. Very sexy, very worthwhile. You might even learn something in addition to having a lot of fun. I think most classes end with most of the couples having sex in the disco at the same time. Not something you do everyday.

Underappreciated at Pearl is the Spa. It's really nice, and usually not too busy. You can also get a massage there. At night, you might be lucky enough to have a master suite or know someone who does. Great place for party, complete with a butler.

And the hot tub is almost always open regular hours unless there's lightening or really raining hard out. It's actually fun in there with some rain coming down.

Lastly, a lot of people hang out at the clubhouse bar when it's raining. It's social, you meet people, all good.
rykerw1701
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 0- 8-2016

Postby buried20kleague » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:37 pm

We were there last May as a tropical storm basically formed over the top of us.

They did their best to come up with activities in the lobby area... We did a couple trivia contests, for example. They had prizes to give away and so forth. They had cornhole set up that people were playing too, and the lobby bar was plenty busy.

We also brought a couple "adult" board games, just in case we had that urge, but we didn't end up using them.

As stated, the afternoon activities that are indoors go on as normal, and are well attended... And the spa is a great option.

Obviously plenty of time is spent faving hotel room as well.

People always mention the jacuzzi pretty much staying open, but it was closed the entire time it was raining for us. Surely because of the occasional lightning, which makes sense. But for people to say the jacuzzi stays pretty much always open isn't always true, FYI.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:32 pm

We haven't had much rain on our trips but we have had it a few times. Our experience is hopefully not the norm, as I've read plenty about how fun things can be when it rains as people change activities or whatever, but for us, every time it rains it has created a ghost town. I remember one time, mid afternoon at the pool it started raining (minor shower, definitely not a storm) and everyone vanished pretty quickly. I remember thinking "Noooooo stayyyy, where are you going, you are already wet and naked!!!". There were no secondary gatherings or new activities or anything else that I could tell. But, again, this could be an anomaly (hopefully so).

One time it rained at night so the late night hot tub session never happened, and the pre-disco lobby bar activity never happened, but even in the disco it was less active than normal (I would've expected the opposite). The last thing I want to do is just sit in the room and give up one of the expensive nights but apparently that's not the case for others - or they all were in a secret area we weren't aware of :)

In any case we avoid booking during the rainy season for just this reason unless we were going to stay for 10 days or something. But on a 5 night trip, losing 2-3 days potentially to rain would be a major downer.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby buried20kleague » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Explorer79 wrote:We haven't had much rain on our trips but we have had it a few times. Our experience is hopefully not the norm, as I've read plenty about how fun things can be when it rains as people change activities or whatever, but for us, every time it rains it has created a ghost town. I remember one time, mid afternoon at the pool it started raining (minor shower, definitely not a storm) and everyone vanished pretty quickly. I remember thinking "Noooooo stayyyy, where are you going, you are already wet and naked!!!". There were no secondary gatherings or new activities or anything else that I could tell. But, again, this could be an anomaly (hopefully so).

One time it rained at night so the late night hot tub session never happened, and the pre-disco lobby bar activity never happened, but even in the disco it was less active than normal (I would've expected the opposite). The last thing I want to do is just sit in the room and give up one of the expensive nights but apparently that's not the case for others - or they all were in a secret area we weren't aware of :)

In any case we avoid booking during the rainy season for just this reason unless we were going to stay for 10 days or something. But on a 5 night trip, losing 2-3 days potentially to rain would be a major downer.

Last May on our last night (after the weather had cleared up for a couple days), it began to POUR at about 10:30. And it never let up. The jacuzzi didn't have one person in it the entire night. Just sheets of water coming down.

But... We happened to have the plunge pool room that basically sits behind the jacuzzi bar. While we were in the disco, we told a bunch of people to come to our room, as the plunge pool was covered.

We had about 12 people over, and we were having a GREAT time, not even caring that the jacuzzi was closed.

Then all of a sudden, the jacuzzi bar tender came over. In the pouring rain. And asked what we wanted to drink. He ended up bringing bottles of vodka, tequila, rum, tons of cups, a GIANT tub of ice, and mixers... And even put a huge room service order in for us (a bunch of burgers and fries and nachos and such) and brought it when it was ready.

I mention that story just to outline how great the staff is at Pearl. Sure, he was at the jacuzzi bar not getting any tips and probably knew by doing this he would get paid quite well... But still. He didn't have to do it, and he did. The next morning when everyone else was complaining about the washout, all our friends were saying it was the best night of the trip for them.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 pm

That's awesome, I'd welcome the rain if it turned out like that.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:13 pm

Honestly with more than 70 days at Pearl and RM, we've only had a couple of days that were really a washout. On those days, the staff arranged activities in the lobby as another poster described. And as someone else pointed out, unless it is storming, a little rain never hurts when in the pool or the jacuzzi. On a cool, showery day last fall people just made their way over to the jacuzzi at pearl earlier than normal and the party continued. Not a big deal.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby Don & Jeanne » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:04 pm

After hearing about rain on Podcasts, and reading about it here, I looked up average rain charts on line and booked for late March this year. Fingers crossed.
Don of (Don & Jeanne)
Kasidie & Kik: DueTeste
MeWe: Due Teste
Don & Jeanne
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl