January for not lifestyle couple?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

January for not lifestyle couple?

Postby D&KJ » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Hello everyone!

My wife and I had the best experience ever last December at Pearl. We want to go back. We would go back soon, like this spring, but we're not sure we can do to prior plans and life in general.
December seemed like a slow time at pearl compared to what we had read in others trip reports. It wasn't very warm at night and most nights the hot tub was not too active, but we stayed and had a lot of good drinks and conversations with the other couples who weren't afraid of a little cool air and occasional rain drops.

January would be a better month for us. It is the coldest month at home, and the least busy for both of us. But, it is International Swingers month and we don't swing. I don't have any issues with those who do. In fact, of the many lifestyle couple we talked to at Pearl this December, they were among some of the most interesting, and several had similar careers and paths in life as us. It also wouldn't bother us if the whole place turned into a crazy sex party at night, we would enjoy that vibe as much as we enjoyed the vibe at Pearl when we were there.

But, January is swingers month, and we're not swingers. Is it going to be a totally different experience at Pearl? Are the people who go because it is swingers month way more into being swingers and maybe not so friendly to non-lifestyle couples? Is it super crowded during January? A little busier would be great, but bust at the seems full might not be great as far as the level of service Pearl provides.

We have started to refer to January as "thruples month" because of a hilarious story a couple told us about a "thruple" in a room near theirs that had some trouble getting along with each other. I am sure it's probably the exception for a 3 some to go to Pearl, even during Swingers month, but the oddity of seeing a "thruple" interact with the rest of the world may be pretty fun to see. We are easy going people who are more comfortable hanging out and talking to non-conforming people rather than most "vanilla" people.

So, when it's time to buy next winters vacation, should we just say heck with it and go in January? I am still really hoping we can go between now and January, and then still go in January.

D.
D&KJ
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Oct 2019

Re: January for not lifestyle couple?

Postby CokeMann » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Frankly, the Desire January Swingers Month is just a marketing ploy to try to fill the resort during a traditionally dead(quiet) month at all resorts - ie January sucks for resort owners- lol

The major factors for vacation trips are that folks really only go when things at home align for them and they can get away - also their timing may be a little swayed by also getting a good deal price wise on the trip.

In reality the percentage of swingers during January may be up by maybe 2 or 3% over any other month, but the mix of all types at Desire doesn't actually fluctuate that much week to week, unless of course there is a particular takeover group event week.

Hope this helps ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Lkncouple » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:33 pm

We are a non LS couple and we are heading down in a few days. It will be the 3rd time we have gone in n January. Previously we went in October. Ther is almost no difference. We did go one time for Halloween and that time we really felt out of place. January is awesome. Many weeks the have people come and they have couples classes. We really enjoyed the into to S&M.

I would definitely say go in January.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby landw2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:47 pm

We have gone several times in January, as well as May, June and November. We can confirm that we saw no difference in the swinger mix between any months. January is only a promotional thing with ISM. The only time you may run into a higher concentration of swingers would be during a takeover or group attending. Still, you should feel comfortable there with no pressure.

Go and enjoy!

FYI - we are not fans of heat and humidity so we avoid the months from May to September. Our May and June trips taught us that. 8)
SLS Kas SDC LandW2

Pearl Mar 5 and Oct 10 2024
French Riviera and Greece/Turkey Desire cruises 2024
landw2
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby D&KJ » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Thanks for the advice. Good stuff to know. I am surprised January isn't a good month for resorts in Mexico. The USA is mostly cold, wet, windy, and snow covered in January, why wouldn't everyone want to be in Mexico? :D

D.
D&KJ
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 19 Oct 2019

Postby RJOC » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:03 pm

We just returned from Pearl for ISM and found the crowd to be no more in the lifestyle than any other month.

We did however find the mosquitoes to be out in force. One night I ended up with about 7 bites on my head during the night from a random pest in our suite.

One other observation is that we found many people to wear bathing suits - we know it varies with the crowd, but much more clothing on this last trip.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl