Theme night questions?

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Theme night questions?

Postby 2steppintattoos » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:16 am

Hello all!

The wife and I are first timers to the resort and are getting super excited!
We're starting to gather stuff for theme nights and I'm just curious how seriously people take them. I'm thinking of them as almost gag costume party type events but I don't want to show up that way if everyone else is formal. For example, masquerade night, I'm thinking of a cape and black t-shirt and shorts. Will everyone else be sweating in vests and dress shoes?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Brian
2steppintattoos

We are from: USA

Re: Theme night questions?

Postby Darin & Melissa » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:00 am

You will be fine in that sort of outfit. But don’t overthink it. There will be some not in theme at all and some that go all out. Just go with what you are comfortable doing.
dmtx on SDC
dmtx1 and mdtx1 on kik
Darin & Melissa
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby buried20kleague » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:32 pm

Agreed. Some couples go all out for the themes (like us), some people barely touch on it, some come just dressed up in what they wore to dinner, and some just come in lingerie that doesn't tie into the theme at all.

It's much less of a formal process than you'd think.

But that being said... Couples that really put effort into the themes, and ESPECIALLY where the guy gets into it, seem to get the most attention. Everyone seems to appreciate couples that go all out.

With us, we actually get texts for specific costumes from friends we've met over the years at Pearl that will be there the same time as us. lol
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby BC-TLC » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:37 am

Go all out! Be as crazy AND SEXY as you can imagine.

as others have stated, you will see it all. Dress slacks and dresses, crazy outfits, and sometimes wearing nothing.

But there are not too many places or opportunities to be crazy (with a sexual theme). This is a great place and time to go for it. You will have so much more fun if you participate
BC-TLC
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 22 May 2019

Postby ksr » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:21 pm

The first time is so exciting! Whatever you decide will be fine. All in or no interest in participating in theme nights is what you will find. We go all in, because it is so much fun. We search for stuff months in advance, try on different creations and have a blast before we even go on the trip. We try to go as sexy as possible, because this is the only place where you can get away with it. Having said that, for us, less (clothing) is better. You'll love it!
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Postby 2steppintattoos » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks all!

We’ll just go fun, comfortable, and enjoy our time!
2steppintattoos

Postby Chantyve » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:44 pm

KSR,
Your so right! We went to Desire Pearl for the first time in june 2018 and we find it difficult to find outfits for the night themes because we start to late to shop. This year we booked also in june and we start to shop in december and we had a blast finding and try all the stuff we fund, immagination was at its highest point.

2steppintattoos,
We never taught that it was so fun to go to an evening night so much undress, so let yourself go with the flow and have a great time.
Desire freedom
Chantyve

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 07 Jun 2019

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Far fewer than half the people will dress in theme on any given night. Obviously some are more widely popular (like glow night) than others (famous movie couples???). As all of the other posters have said, wear what you feel most comfortable in. You won't be left out if you don't dress in theme. It's far more popular for women to dress in theme than men, but some do and have a good time.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby enticing » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:56 pm

In my opinion, the people are what makes Desire special and addictive. Most of us enjoy watching or being watched to some degree. If people did not dress up somewhat, that would take away from the experience.

Can you imagine lingerie night if most of the ladies did not dress for that theme night occasion? The themes are broad and there are lots of possibilities for all comfort levels.

I would say that you have some responsibility to participate (to your comfort level) or you should consider going to Sandals, just saying.
enticing
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Mar 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:12 pm

You have zero responsibility to participate in themes if costumes are not your thing. Lingerie night has a high number of ladies participating. Glow night as well. BDSM night - less than half but there were still a lot of black dresses, pants, corsets in the audience. Famous Movie Couples night - nobody did this. Less than 10%. Even the staff didn't dress up as couples, but just characters and some of those were not obvious. Latin Night seems to be almost universally derided here on the message boards, but a high percentage of couples dressed in theme for that one (because it's easy). Gods and Goddesses? Very little participation - a few togas. Masquerade? A lot of lingerie but few masks.

What about those that don't dress in theme? Most of the women wear sexy club dresses. Our personal approach is that my wife will either dress in theme or wear club dresses that she cannot wear to other resorts. It can still be a very sexy environment, whether or not you decide to participate with costumes.

enticing wrote:In my opinion, the people are what makes Desire special and addictive. Most of us enjoy watching or being watched to some degree. If people did not dress up somewhat, that would take away from the experience.

Can you imagine lingerie night if most of the ladies did not dress for that theme night occasion? The themes are broad and there are lots of possibilities for all comfort levels.

I would say that you have some responsibility to participate (to your comfort level) or you should consider going to Sandals, just saying.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby Surfprkr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi, we are new to Desire next month. Excited to participate in the theme nights Having never done this before, we are doing a ‘light’ version to be part of the fun! Do the men always take part in dressing up? What exactly is ‘Desireland’? Excited to be newbies!
Surfprkr

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2019

Postby Dani'stoy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Surfprkr wrote:Hi, we are new to Desire next month. Excited to participate in the theme nights Having never done this before, we are doing a ‘light’ version to be part of the fun! Do the men always take part in dressing up? What exactly is ‘Desireland’? Excited to be newbies!

I'd say about 50% of the guys do and 100% of tha gals...It seems the guys who do have the most fun and the girls are more likely to dance and interact with you if you don't look like the wrong kind of "stiff"! I'd say go for it..Most of the guy costumes are pretty tame anyway this time.
Dani'stoy
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Postby 2015rocco » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:47 pm

We are those people that like to dress the theme. We did all our shopping for our upcoming trip in March only to find out that we are booked during a takeover. Not sure how that happened but we did book it a year in advanced. So by reading the forum when you are going we figured it out. I posted on there and the people from the takeover contacted us. They have been awesome. They invited us to be part of their group. They sent us a list of their own Theme nights. Otherwise it would have been totally embarrassing to us. Also sent us a link to all the updates. I was totally dreading going since we were not in the group but now I am excited and have all the new theme nights covered.
My advice...you do you. Like the others have said you will see everything from lingerie, dinner dress to all out costumes that may or may not go with the theme. Just be comfortable and have the time of your lives!
Cris
2015rocco
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 18 Mar 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Gems LL

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl