mansion at pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: mansion at pearl

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 am

There will always be some kind of construction, just like there will be times where the jacuzzi is closed to retile or the pool bar is closed for repairs. The restaurant upstairs from Aphrodite has been subject to remodeling 3 times by our count since we started going to Pearl.

It's no surprise that they are building more upscale units at Pearl, because the villas at RM are almost perpetually full. We wouldn't be all that interested in the Mansion, unless something changes our mind, because we would not want to pay premium prices to be located that far away from the beach, no matter how "exclusive" it feels. We shall see once it is open.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:08 am

NaughtyKittenandB wrote:It's no surprise that they are building more upscale units at Pearl, because the villas at RM are almost perpetually full. We wouldn't be all that interested in the Mansion, unless something changes our mind, because we would not want to pay premium prices to be located that far away from the beach, no matter how "exclusive" it feels. We shall see once it is open.

NK&B - that was my point, it's the location of the "mansion" where I feel they have missed the mark. We have stayed in the penthouse suites several times because the view is simply amazing and the outdoor patios and jacuzzi are perfect for entertaining. Yes, there will always be people who will pay the premium, so the resort will make its margins......but you can count us out. As stated before, just our two cents!

We love Desire, trip #32 booked for late July, early Aug.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby buried20kleague » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:05 pm

I agree... The location is what is odd. And by the pics it doesn't look to be a very tall building, so there would be at least 4 other buildings blocking the view from all around.

I could see them also building some exclusive "beach house" for use by mansion guests only or something right down by the water to help compensate... Something really tricked out... But nothing like that has been mentioned and surely it would be by now if it were a thought.

They clearly are using the only available expansion pad on the property without knocking any guest building down or repurposing an existing guest building.

I'm sort of surprised they aren't just re-doing the building closest to the dock. They could have kept the structure but gotten really crazy with upgrades. Though that wouldn't increase the total number of rooms at the resort... It would only change a handful to premium. But I sure think I would have started there to see what the reaction and demand dictated.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby animal hats » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:33 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:
NaughtyKittenandB wrote:It's no surprise that they are building more upscale units at Pearl, because the villas at RM are almost perpetually full. We wouldn't be all that interested in the Mansion, unless something changes our mind, because we would not want to pay premium prices to be located that far away from the beach, no matter how "exclusive" it feels. We shall see once it is open.

NK&B - that was my point, it's the location of the "mansion" where I feel they have missed the mark. We have stayed in the penthouse suites several times because the view is simply amazing and the outdoor patios and jacuzzi are perfect for entertaining. Yes, there will always be people who will pay the premium, so the resort will make its margins......but you can count us out. As stated before, just our two cents!

:L the new entertainment staff building seems to have a closer location to the ocean( the old dive shop).FYI, took a quick a trip around to the construction trailer yesterday , just to see how much land was back there, what use to be jungle is now mostly vacant open space (a lot)... With a view of the ocean . I guess we'll just have to take a wait and see approach.
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby vacationlifestylers » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:31 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:

oh no. is the construction going to ruin our trip?
March 28-31 2019 Desire Pearl
vacationlifestylers
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2023

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:15 pm

vacationlifestylers wrote:oh no. is the construction going to ruin our trip?

Not sure why it would? The upside of the resort, people and sexy fun outweighs the noise, etc.....

You'll have an awesome time!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Vacationswing » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:14 pm

We are not sure why anyone would want to be segregated, isolated at this Great place! On top of that, pay to be isolated or segregated. It’s an inclusive place to us! Everyone is accepted and socialized. Wrong direction DP!

However, over the years RM and DP seem to have more nudists and watchers than there were say 10 years ago. There is still plenty of social activity and lifestyle people but not like years ago. It seems you have to be way more careful not to make someone feel uncomfortable than in the past because there are as many non lifestylers as there are lifestylers. Just our observation and opinion...

Still love the place though! Just don’t change it too much. Updating is good but not changing to encourage segregation

D and T
Vacationswing
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 22 Jun 2019

Postby Greatcpl » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Has anyone been to Pearl recently and if so how bad is the construction noise? Do they control the time?
Let us know please!
Kasadie: Greatazcpl
Greatcpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Postby vacationlifestylers » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:30 am

Greatcpl wrote:Has anyone been to Pearl recently and if so how bad is the construction noise? Do they control the time?
Let us know please!

interested in the same
March 28-31 2019 Desire Pearl
vacationlifestylers
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2023

Postby T12 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:12 am

Were here now and the construction noise is minimal......not disturbing at all in my opinion.
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024

Postby jkuschill » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:45 pm

Any idea when the rework on Unik will be complete?
jkuschill
Desire Fan

Postby T12 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:43 am

Update on noise: noise in Aphrodite is really loud while workers are on site working on Suki. So mainly lunch time.
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024

Postby jds » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:48 am

I just got an email staying my reservation for the Mansion in November will have to be changed to a Penthouse.
I guess that means their opening time of late October is not going to happen.
KIK: jes1forfun
SDC: jande204
jds
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 pm

When we were there this past January, they cited a prospective opening date of January 2020.

jds wrote:I just got an email staying my reservation for the Mansion in November will have to be changed to a Penthouse.
I guess that means their opening time of late October is not going to happen.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Postby buried20kleague » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:04 pm

We're not allowed to discuss it on the site, but a couple people told me what they're asking for membership in the mansion. :shock:
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl