Butlers

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Butlers

Postby EmptyNesters » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:53 am

We have two trips this year and are curious as to how many butlers there are at Pearl? Also, for those of you who have butlers, how much do you tip them?
Joe & Ellen
Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
SLS -CT_empty_nesters
SDC - emptynesters1
EmptyNesters
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Re: Butlers

Postby buried20kleague » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:32 am

I'm not sure how many there are total. Maybe 6? Maybe not quite that many.

We always just tip based on what we're asking them to do. We'll have them bring a bunch of glasses and ice and even bottles of voda/rum/tequila at times, and we'll tip $20. For most other things they bring or help with is $5 or $10, depending on effort needed.

A couple years ago my wife was REALLY hung over on our last full day there, and I didn't want to waste the whole last day... So I asked the butler to track down a doctor that could give my wife fluids via IV. Believe it or not, he pulled it off! We went to town to the doc office and for $100 my wife got 2 or 3 bags of fluids and electrolytes. She felt great even just by the time we left the office. The butler received a crisp $100 when we got back!! :lol:

That was Gerry, by the way. Top notch dude.
buried20kleague
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 25 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Re: Butlers

Postby NaughtyKittenandB » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:41 am

We will usually stay for a week or more whenever we get a chance. We have been to Pearl and RM multiple times and know many of the butlers.

Personally, I tip our butler $100 when we first arrive and then additionally as warranted throughout the trip. Want dinner reservations in advance? As your butler. Want snacks delivered to your room every day at a specific time? As your butler.

These guys are good at their jobs and tend to stay around the resort longer than other staff. Obviously tips are good.
Bryan & Kelli
SZC, SLS: BandK6766
FetLife: NaughtyKitnandB
NaughtyKittenandB
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC and SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl