Last minute advice for first timers to Pearl

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Last minute advice for first timers to Pearl

Postby mwahppet » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:15 am

This thread probably been done lots of time but looking for some quick pointers in the right direction.

We are heading to Pearl for the first time. What should we plan to take that we might not think about before hand.
We are travelling in 4 days time so a few last minute shopping trips today and tomorrow!!

How committed should we be to the theme nights, some sound a little obscure (particularly for men)
If we don't bring something will we feel excluded?

What should we plan to wear to dinner in the restaurants?

Will we need any cash, being all inclusive?

Any other helpful suggestions?

TIA

:UK
mwahppet

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 25 Apr 1919

Re: Last minute advice for first timers to Pearl

Postby av80r » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:20 am

Do have some fun shopping for sexy stuff for theme nights.
DO dress classy sexy, especially ladies for dinner.

Relax and enjoy It is a little shocking at first. We checked in, walked to pool and there was a nude wine tasting going on and naked people everywhere . Funny if you have never been to a a place like this before. We travel a lot and have never been to any resort that we met more fun and friendly people at. Very friendly, everyone there to have fun and mix it up. You will have a great time if you drop the clothes, wade into the pool and have a cocktail. All will work it self out well. We tipped $5 here and there and a few $10s Not all the time, just when deserved.
av80r
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Oct 2019

Postby TandD » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm

mwahppet wrote:This thread probably been done lots of time but looking for some quick pointers in the right direction.

We are heading to Pearl for the first time. What should we plan to take that we might not think about before hand.
We are travelling in 4 days time so a few last minute shopping trips today and tomorrow!!

How committed should we be to the theme nights, some sound a little obscure (particularly for men)
If we don't bring something will we feel excluded?

Don't sweat this. First, it is tough for the men. Sometimes it's easier to go "silly" than "sexy" for the guys but totally your call. Above all, if you *don't* want to do the themes, you will not feel out of place. Trust me when I say, nobody cares and there will be plenty of people not in theme. You will not stand out or feel excluded. Seriously, don't sweat it. Themes can be fun but if you aren't feeling it, don't worry.

What should we plan to wear to dinner in the restaurants?

There are two main restaurants - Aphrodite and Pearl. Aphrodite is more casual but plenty of people dress up. Pearl is a bit more swanky. My suggestion: if you don't want to doll it up, go to Aphrodite. You *might* feel a little underdressed if you wear casual clothes to Pearl - but nobody else really cares. For Pearl, get dressed up like you are going to a fancy "normal" restaurant, and then push the envelope. Again, it's primarily the woman but she can feel free to push it - sheer, revealing, short, tight, whatever. Anything the wife wouldn't be caught dead in at home - but would love to wear - wear it! And go to Aphrodite dressed up too. They do a very good job of transforming it from the breakfast and lunch place into a nice dinner experience.

Will we need any cash, being all inclusive?

Only if you want to tip. Search for tips and tipping and then settle in for a long read. Lots of opinions on this. I *think* most people tip - bartenders, housekeeping, waiters. Totally up to you.

Any other helpful suggestions?

Don't over think things. Not sure about your prior exposure to this kind of thing but don't worry about "swingers" and being pressured into doing stuff, etc. It's way more subtle than you may be thinking. This is not a swingers resort. That kind of stuff happens but it's not as "in your face" as I think many people think it's going to be.
TandD
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby mwahppet » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:57 am

Thank you
mwahppet

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 25 Apr 1919

Postby BC-TLC » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:02 am

Yes. Bring cash. The staff do such a good job...You will want to tip them.

I would recommend a yeti type cup with a lid. Let the bartender fill it up. Drink stays cold and you don't have to run back and forth to the bar as much.

I would highly recommend participating in the theme nights. Its not my thing and I really hate that kind of thing. But I really enjoy seeing my wife having fun. I figured since she was willing to do this kind of trip with me, that I owed it to her. So I dressed up too. You don't have to go all out, just participate! And dance with her! You will be glad you did.

Have fun and tell us about your trip.
BC-TLC
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 22 May 2019

Postby Swohnewbie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm

BC-TLC wrote:Yes. Bring cash. The staff do such a good job...You will want to tip them.

I would recommend a yeti type cup with a lid. Let the bartender fill it up. Drink stays cold and you don't have to run back and forth to the bar

Double agree.

Also - bring a hat. And think about it before hand. Remember - it may be the only thing you’re wearing, so it’s the only thing that says anything about you. More of an issue for a guy - but if you just grab you’re favorite worn Red Sox hat off the shelf, expect to talk about the Red Sox at the pool. A lot. When it’s the only thing you’re wearing, it’s most likely the thing most people will remember about you. Well...MOSTLY remember.

Update. Just looked back and saw your from the UK. Same rules apply to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U/City, etc. You’ll just have WAY more explaining to do to Americans.
Swohnewbie
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 31 Mar 2018

Postby TandD » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 am

Swohnewbie wrote:
BC-TLC wrote:Yes. Bring cash. The staff do such a good job...You will want to tip them.

I would recommend a yeti type cup with a lid. Let the bartender fill it up. Drink stays cold and you don't have to run back and forth to the bar

Double agree.

Also - bring a hat. And think about it before hand. Remember - it may be the only thing you’re wearing, so it’s the only thing that says anything about you. More of an issue for a guy - but if you just grab you’re favorite worn Red Sox hat off the shelf, expect to talk about the Red Sox at the pool. A lot. When it’s the only thing you’re wearing, it’s most likely the thing most people will remember about you. Well...MOSTLY remember.

Update. Just looked back and saw your from the UK. Same rules apply to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U/City, etc. You’ll just have WAY more explaining to do to Americans.

Not this American. Whenever I meet someone from the UK, I ask if they are football (soccer) fans - expecting to be able to talk about one of my favorite sports (to play and watch). Everyone I've met has been "meh, I don't really follow it."

Argh!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl