Construction At Pearl (update)

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Construction At Pearl (update)

Postby youme69 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:07 pm

We just returned from Pearl thought I would give a update. Noice during the day at pool near new Suki can be loud at times depending on what they’re doing like jack hammering. Seems to always be a concentration of workers on top of wall closes to pool all day with one eye on the pool, believe that is going to be a very well built wall!
Inside Aphrodite they half about 1/3 blocked off while they remove thatch roof around east glass wall to support Suki above.

New Suki

Old Dive Shop Area For Playmakers Apartment

New Mansion Area behind wall rear of resort, not much done just excavation
KIK: sunsandcpl
youme69
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Re: Construction At Pearl (update)

Postby red88vette » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Thanks for the update, heading down April 3rd, not looking forward to the pool distractions, just something else to chat about.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby hooligans » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Any idea on the time table for completion of the work.
hooligans
Desire Convert

Postby youme69 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:26 pm

Really not much of a distraction people actually had fun with it ladies waving and blowing kisses! I bet 10 guys stood on the wall during the foam party and not one was working!!

I heard Winter of 2020 for Mansions, but I’m guessing fall for Suki and Playmakers rooms.
youme69
Desire Superstar

Postby ohiocouple56 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:41 pm

I am curious if Unik is still open with the construction going on?
ohiocouple56
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 May 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby youme69 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 am

ohiocouple56 wrote:I am curious if Unik is still open with the construction going on?

No Unik is gone....Suki (Asian) is in a temporary location next to the spa during construction.
youme69
Desire Superstar

Postby jandr2u » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi. We're booked for RM, but we're first timers and I'm actually thinking of switching our reservation over to Pearl. Is the construction annoying enough to avoid Pearl and just stay at RM?

Thanks.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/15-22 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
jandr2u
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby warmwaves » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:38 pm

jandr2u wrote:Hi. We're booked for RM, but we're first timers and I'm actually thinking of switching our reservation over to Pearl. Is the construction annoying enough to avoid Pearl and just stay at RM?

Thanks.

We were worried too at first, and were there a week ago. They do a real good job with their hours so they didn't disturb people with the noise. (where the "mansion" is going up) With so much going on at the pool and with all the music, the crew working atop the new Suki really became non existent. As someone said previously, that will be the best built wall. lol.
Enjoy
warmwaves
Desire Lover

Postby bb25 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:30 pm

Just returned yesterday, and except for the disruption inside Aphrodite construction is no problem. Sections of Aphrodite are closed off and seating is somewhat crowded.
bb25
Desire Lover

Postby red88vette » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Just back from a week at Pearl, construction is on going for the Aphrodite and new Asian rest "Suki" to be on the top floor. A number of the Pool lounge chairs have been moved that were close to the construction area, however plenty of chairs for everyone. Alessio said that the restaurant is to be opened by mid May, the old grass roof is being replaced with a more contemporary style, almost looks like corrugated metal. The seating at the Aphrodite for lunch on a couple days between 1:30 and 2 was full, put otherwise, no effects due to construction. The new temporary Asian rest was very a nice change, food was great. The new quarters for the playmakers is also moving along, they are saying June opening for them, and the mansion footings and concrete work is well underway calling for a soft opening Oct/Nov this year. pictures attached of each.

Image, Image, Image.

Admin Note: FYI - These are not direct links to your images it also requires the viewer to have a Google account which is why they don't show up here on the forum
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby desirecouple03 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Thank you all for the info...

Any news on the construction? We'll be there at the end of May... don't want it to ruin our vacation!

Can't see those last pics by the way...
desirecouple03
Desire Fan

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 21 Jun 2018

Postby nudetubbers » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Just got back. Construction is still going. They say done in May. Not a big hassel or noise. Its funny seeing the safety practices compared to Canada. They put the lounge seats back on the beach side of the pool. They were muddling and drywalling when we left. We went 2 nights at RM then 6 at Pearl. I we will always go to Pearl now. Just our preferance. We like the space and rooms at Pearl.
Pearl 4 times, going on 5! Come on April!
DRM twice
nudetubbers
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Postby landw2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 pm

We just returned from 4 nights at RM and then finished with 4 nights at Pearl. Aphrodite is now fully open and the normal entrance is operational again. The path is blocked to the restrooms when we left and the only restrooms for use were behind the jacuzzi bar. I know they are targeting a late May opening but the structure is not enclosed yet and then all of the inside work needs to be done so I would have my doubts. We did not find the construction there to be disturbing at all.

The new construction on the other side of the resort though is another matter. We had a room in the Sea Shell building (room 61). Jack hammering until 8:30 or so at night. And yes, you don't go to bed then but if you wanted a quick afternoon nap or so, then a problem. Also, getting a massage when that is going on is disruptive also. Hopefully, the destruction part will be done soon. There are walls up and such but still some jack hammering going on.

We had conflicting information on the new Suki going in. We were told there was going to be Habatchi style like RM upon check in but then our butler told us there was not going to be Habatchi style, only Asian served up. Also, the larger construction going on by the water treatment system....we were told it was a new playroom, then a new playroom but only for the mansion, and then facilities to house some employees on site. All of this from people that worked at Desire. From the footprint and walls we can see, it looks more like rooms for employees. There are not large areas like a playroom might have.

On a side note, after six trips to Pearl and a continuing decline in food quality, we experienced the best meal we had ever had there as part of our Member meal on our last night there. Ate at the Pearl restaurant. New chief taken over and a good move at that.
SLS Kas SDC LandW2

Pearl Mar 5 and Oct 10 2024
French Riviera and Greece/Turkey Desire cruises 2024
landw2
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie SDC

Postby jkuschill » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:29 pm

We were there the week before you - same room!

They did an amazing amount of work on the new roof around Aphrodite during that week and we suspected it would be open soon. I would bet the bathrooms are only blocked another week or so as they finish up the last of the new roof (removing the grass and putting on metal - I think).

We also experienced the jack hammering, but in our case it lasted until 9:30 or maybe later and was a distraction. Didn't seem to be part of the mansion so much as the "plant" next to it (they seemed to be digging a hole for something). Hopefully they wrap that up soon.

Both the Aphrodite and mansion work relied on manpower vs. machinery. Very different world. Also a very unsafe one and were taking bets on when somebody would fall off the roof, tip over the scaffolding, fall off ladders on uneven surfaces, and so on. Ultimately, no injuries, but wow!
jkuschill
Desire Fan

Postby mustang » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:20 pm

realistically, when do they expect it to be completely done?
mustang
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 06 Sep 2021

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl