Construction At Pearl (update)

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Re: Construction At Pearl (update)

Postby randt canucks » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:33 am

Reading through the construction threads i am trying to wrap my head around the current location.

I thought the restaurant stuff is completed and up and running yes?
I believe the employees new rooms are near the beach, near the sea star building and complete? Up and running so no construction? Do they interfere with the quiet end, view etc?
The mansion is i thought near the road and is mostly complete yes? If that is still being worked on, i cant understand how that is being such a problem if out near road? I must be missing some facts?

So if someone is heading there...just wondered where it best building to escape the noise? Can someone just kind of layout where the the work/noise and workers are still current and active? we would much rather put up with Jacuzzi noise into the wee hours than construction all day but we do like to be near the quiet end of pool but not sure if that is now blocked with employee lodging or is still active construction? I have read all i can on past posts...i dont see this. Thanks. :D
rickntanya on kik
randt canucks
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Oct 2019

Postby red88vette » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

See the link in the posted message previous to your message to see the Map.

Current mansion construction is under the words "Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort" .
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Postby Screamincheetah » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:51 pm

The construction of the Mansion isn't close to being done. It's not up on the road but right in the resort area. It's easy wall essentially sits against the main sidewalk that goes to the quiet side buildings.

As I said in another post if you want to act like it's not happening/not have it affect your time much, stay in the middle building (seahorse) or the other buildings that go towards the party side.
C4P: wewantyouinkc
KIK: wewantyouinkc

June '13 - Pearl
June '14 - RM
Dec. '15 - Pearl
Dec. '17 - Pearl
July '19 - Pearl
March '21 - PEARL!!
Screamincheetah
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 15 Mar 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby youme69 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:35 am

Just left Pearl...mansions are really coming along that’s the only construction going on at this time.

Front main building can see pool along front

Not sure what these buildings are

Beach is a total wreck, can’t see where the barrier is doing much at all and erosion is so bad most of beach is gone on north end. Lost quite a few trees also.

KIK: sunsandcpl
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby Sunbums2016 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:48 pm

youme69 wrote:Just left Pearl...mansions are really coming along that’s the only construction going on at this time.

Thanks for the update youme69 and pics! Can’t believe how much the beach has eroded and the water looks the worst we’ve seen.
KIK: sunbums2016
Sunbums2016
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Mar 2021

Postby BikiniJenn » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:43 pm

We just returned from a long weekend 10/3-10/7. We were in room 63 and the construction noise was tolerable but started around 730 am. The Mansion from our view along the walkway looks to be nowhere near completion, it is just an outer shell with roof...no floors or interior walls. The construction walls make walking difficult in the dark or rain. We had to walk single-file with an umbrella one evening because the umbrella kept hitting the wall and causing dripping rain, and there is some construction rubble/rock debris on the sidewalks that make walking in heels in the dark dangerous. Several days we saw workers sitting taking a lunch break eating and gawking at guests as that sat perched above the wall.

The beach, we were stunned! We were just there in April and the deterioration was shocking! Less seaweed, but water is gross brown and sand eroded, leaving small cliffs to step down off of. One day we tried to get out to the pier and they had the gate closed because it was tough to get to the steps.

We still had a great trip but were disappointed beach time was severely lacking. The new Suki is awesome though. All in all the construction is more than tolerable just slow going, don't let it deter your trip.
BikiniJenn
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 03 Oct 2019

Postby Draguin » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:35 am

Can anyone who has been recently give any updates on the current/recent construction at RM? I got a newsletter that sounded like they had remodeled Suki, but haven't seen any mention of it on here. Is there still teppanyaki and does anyone have new pictures? I've also seen mention of the Desire Mansion construction by the spa, what/which buildings will this replace? For reference, we were last there in June.

I wish Desire would put out more useful announcements, but doesn't look like that will happen.
Draguin
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2023

Postby mikeinnj » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:10 am

Suki is complete but no teppanyaki tables.

Mansion is still being built. A lot of the exterior work is done and noise has not been bad most of the time. Currently there (but raining hence the reply).

Mike
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby texascouple1208 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Are they planning to add teppanyaki tables in Suki? It would not surprise me if they didn't - they frequently seem to have open seats at them at RM. We've never thought their teppanyaki measured up against even the humblest we have had in the US.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby mikeinnj » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:20 pm

There is no place to add it in Suki unless they took out the bar.

Mike
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby red88vette » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Just back from Pearl another great visit, weather was great in spite of one cloudy rainy day. Mansion is moving along, they are now saying Dec 15 for soft opening with the staff. They are working hard with the finishes, rooms are being painted, hot tubs in rms ready to install, sliding doors installed, pool being tiled, deck railings for the rms being installed and new pool bar being added.
2022-Aug, Oct, Dec,
Total-30
red88vette
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 15 Oct 2022

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Pearl