Foam Party

This is the place for general questions / discussions about Desire Pearl

Foam Party

Postby neatfeet » Wed May 29, 2019 11:48 am

Is there still a Foam Party on Saturdays? On our last trip we wore goggles as I had read about eye irritation. Is this still an issue?

Thanks!
neatfeet
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Dec 2019

Re: Foam Party

Postby SeattleSparkle » Thu May 30, 2019 1:45 pm

Yes, foam party on Saturday, its a hoot.

We personally were OK without goggles, but heard several suggestions that they’d be a good idea. We were careful to keep the bubbles away from our faces.
SeattleSparkle
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 05 May 2019

Postby RJOC » Thu May 30, 2019 2:19 pm

We didn't have a problem with eyes, but if you're immersed in the bubbles, you cannot breath...
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby tnm2011 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:14 pm

No problems with the eyes, but I definitely got surrounded by bubbles and then couldn't breathe which freaked me out and made me inhale the foam. Maybe I need a snorkel.
SLS and Kasidie: tnm5411
tnm2011
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 14 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS Kasidie

Postby animal hats » Fri May 31, 2019 8:57 am

neatfeet wrote:Is there still a Foam Party on Saturdays? On our last trip we wore goggles as I had read about eye irritation. Is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Even though the soap was changed, you should still wear your goggles, especially if you have sensitive eyes.
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby Bareman » Fri May 31, 2019 12:14 pm

definitely wear googles. the first time we went to a foam party, i got so deep into the foam i couldn't breath and for a few moments got disoriented. it was scary. so i went under water and found an opening a found my way out. December when we were at Pearl we had a great time at the foam party.
Desire RM and Pearl April 2015
Desire Peal December 2018
Bareman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Dec 2018

Postby tikihutguy » Fri May 31, 2019 7:39 pm

The foam party is one of the highlights for any visit. I experienced bloodshot eyes for several hours after our last visit but it was worth every minute :D Some might feel a bit claustrophobic but waving wildly or moving out of the heart of the foam helps.... Have to say maybe sunglasses help a bit and the specter of goggles (or scuba mask) underwater may be a bit much :oops:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby arcouple » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:15 pm

I wish they'd have the foam party every other day or so... Once a week isn't enough. I know it's extra work for the staff...but without sounding like a dick...who cares? Seems that it's the most popular activity.
arcouple
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Apr 2020

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:10 pm

I'd like to see them do something more often - doesn't have to be a foam party, in fact the best part about the foam party has nothing to do with the foam but rather that is when the staff does more to get the crowd going, then they take it from there, always seems to carry over to the hot tub session too. The interactions are different, the music is different etc... To me this is really what it should be like every day, foam on one day, something else on another etc... Even if done every other day it would liven things up some.That's what is missing on those days where the pool activity is more on the serene side of things. I feel like the crowd is usually ready, they just need a little nudge to get going. Of course they do some things during they day but none of them hit the mark with as many people at once as with the foam party, and in the end that is the key - the more people that are involved, the more fun there is to be had by all.

The last few trips we have done the foam party at both RM and Pearl. The foam party itself and activity afterwards were very similar, we'll be doing the same in October.

One thing I did notice is that pool volleyball is set up better at Pearl. I play sometimes, and it's fun, but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone (heresy to some, I realize).,The main problem with it at RM is that since it takes up the bulk of the pool it essentially renders it useless for anything else. I realize there is still physical room in there, but if half the people get out it doesn't much matter. It's a mood killer for me, many times have been in a good conversation with a group, then pool volleyball starts, someone gets splashed everyone scatters and only the people left really using the pool are the ones playing volleyball. It just gives people a reason to get out and it's better if people stay. At Pearl this doesn't seem to be the case, both can coexist without interfering with the other.

Also, it's too early for the hot tub so it creates a dead period. With the foam party this doesn't happen. It starts with the foam and keeps on going straight into the early evening. Basically even though the foam party itself is an hour the effect lasts about 4. These are why the foam party days are my favorite. Maybe they should do the volleyball at like 12-1 and let it serve as the ice breaker instead of the party stopper.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby animal hats » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:38 am

Explorer79 wrote:I'd like to see them do something more often - doesn't have to be a foam party, in fact the best part about the foam party has nothing to do with the foam but rather that is when the staff does more to get the crowd going, then they take it from there, always seems to carry over to the hot tub session too. The interactions are different, the music is different etc... To me this is really what it should be like every day, foam on one day, something else on another etc... Even if done every other day it would liven things up some.That's what is missing on those days where the pool activity is more on the serene side of things. I feel like the crowd is usually ready, they just need a little nudge to get going. Of course they do some things during they day but none of them hit the mark with as many people at once as with the foam party, and in the end that is the key - the more people that are involved, the more fun there is to be had by all.

The last few trips we have done the foam party at both RM and Pearl. The foam party itself and activity afterwards were very similar, we'll be doing the same in October.

One thing I did notice is that pool volleyball is set up better at Pearl. I play sometimes, and it's fun, but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone (heresy to some, I realize).,The main problem with it at RM is that since it takes up the bulk of the pool it essentially renders it useless for anything else. I realize there is still physical room in there, but if half the people get out it doesn't much matter. It's a mood killer for me, many times have been in a good conversation with a group, then pool volleyball starts, someone gets splashed everyone scatters and only the people left really using the pool are the ones playing volleyball. It just gives people a reason to get out and it's better if people stay. At Pearl this doesn't seem to be the case, both can coexist without interfering with the other.

Also, it's too early for the hot tub so it creates a dead period. With the foam party this doesn't happen. It starts with the foam and keeps on going straight into the early evening. Basically even though the foam party itself is an hour the effect lasts about 4. These are why the foam party days are my favorite. Maybe they should do the volleyball at like 12-1 and let it serve as the ice breaker instead of the party stopper.
:L :L
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby arcouple » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 am

Explorer79 wrote:I'd like to see them do something more often - doesn't have to be a foam party, in fact the best part about the foam party has nothing to do with the foam but rather that is when the staff does more to get the crowd going, then they take it from there, always seems to carry over to the hot tub session too. The interactions are different, the music is different etc... To me this is really what it should be like every day, foam on one day, something else on another etc... Even if done every other day it would liven things up some.That's what is missing on those days where the pool activity is more on the serene side of things. I feel like the crowd is usually ready, they just need a little nudge to get going. Of course they do some things during they day but none of them hit the mark with as many people at once as with the foam party, and in the end that is the key - the more people that are involved, the more fun there is to be had by all.

Completely agree. I guess some may feel that it provides too much of a 'party atmosphere', but every other day would be the best of both worlds. We like the different and louder music too. Definitely gets everybody more involved!
arcouple
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Apr 2020

Postby Explorer79 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:45 am

arcouple wrote:Completely agree. I guess some may feel that it provides too much of a 'party atmosphere', but every other day would be the best of both worlds. We like the different and louder music too. Definitely gets everybody more involved!

Maybe those people should go to Pearl where they have a quiet end of the pool and can accommodate both scenarios. Also at RM I suppose if the pool is too much of a party atmosphere (spoiler alert: it's not), there is always the beach, I see lots of people go there for chill (and we have done that on occasion too). There needs to be life somewhere, but have seen a good number of days where it's just dead because no one is doing anything. This is where the playmakers nudge is needed, in my estimation the crowd is always ready.

I've seen where it has been serene then someone gets something interesting going and all of the sudden things liven up. As my wife says, every event needs a good facilitator - when there are guests that take this role, that's probably been the best, especially at the hot but, but those sorts of folks aren't always there.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby bigbill » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 pm

arcouple wrote:I wish they'd have the foam party every other day or so... Once a week isn't enough. I know it's extra work for the staff...but without sounding like a dick...who cares? Seems that it's the most popular activity.

I couldn't agree more. Each resort (Pearl and RM) should have it twice a week. As it is now we typically go to Desire from Thursday to Monday and take a guest pass over to the other resort so that we have 2 foam parties, RM on Friday and Pearl on Saturday.
Kik: bigbillcan
bigbill
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2018

Postby reachn » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:20 pm

:L :L :L :L :L :L we couldn't agree more!!!

reachn
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Oct 2017

Postby Screamincheetah » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:35 am

Everyone seems to love the foam party. Can anyone explain why? I hear about people getting claustrophobic, not being able to breathe at time, burning eyes, getting overwhelmed and needing to get out of it all... I'm sure this is just some people with some issues some of the time, but I don't really see what the draw or fun part is. Can one of the foam party lovers enlighten me on what we've been missing (we haven't participated the times we've had the chance).
C4P: wewantyouinkc
KIK: wewantyouinkc

June '13 - Pearl
June '14 - RM
Dec. '15 - Pearl
Dec. '17 - Pearl
July '19 - Pearl
March '21 - PEARL!!
Screamincheetah
Desire Lover