April 2023 Newbie Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

April 2023 Newbie Trip Report

Postby MrsTMrA » Mon May 08, 2023 3:31 pm

We are a married couple in our late 30s and visited Desire Pearl in April 2023. We were both completely new to the lifestyle when we arrived at the resort, though we had been talking and fantasizing about exploring things for about a year leading up to our arrival. I had originally stumbled across Desire while planning a vanilla vacation, and shared my discovery with my wife. She enthusiastically said "let's go!" and we pivoted our vacation plans to include a trip to Desire Pearl.

Overview
We arrived at the resort on a Friday afternoon at around 3:00pm. We got to our room and then went looking for some food, having not eaten since the night before. On our way to Aphrodite we passed the jacuzzi, which had started to get busy. We got quite an eyeful with a foursome happening on one of the beds in clear view. My wife and I looked at each other and just giggled that this is going to be a fun week! We had read about the jacuzzi many times but it's quite another thing to see it with your own eyes.

We had been up early traveling since around 3:00am. We were tired and a bit overwhelmed by all the things we had just witnessed, so we decided to have a quiet night in and catch up on sleep. Which was a little unfortunate because we were really looking forward to our first theme night - neon night. We even came prepared with glow sticks and body paint!

Saturday we were both well rested and spent most of the day by the pool. My wife had no problem shedding her clothes straight away. I was a bit more reserved and kept my bottoms on. We ended up meeting some fun people on Saturday, and had a great time talking and hanging out in and around the pool. The foam party was wild and one of the highlights of the trip. My wife got really into it. At one point she ended up on a paddle board and put on a bit of a show for the crowd!

The next few days were great with a good mix of chill, quiet downtime and socializing by the pool. Tuesday we started to notice a significant turnover in the guests at the resort. Almost all of the people we had met on Saturday were heading home and many new faces were starting to appear. My wife and I were both a bit burnt out at this point and couldn't muster the energy to do a new round of introductions, so Wednesday to Friday we ended up focusing on each other (with young kids at home we had a lot of "catching up" to do!) We flew home on Friday. The checkout process was smooth and our driver (USA Transfers) arrived as scheduled at 10:00am. We made it to the airport in 30 minutes, which I thought was quite good given all the construction along the way.

Photoshoot
A highlight of the trip was deciding to do a photoshoot with Provoke. The photographer (Daniel) was great and helped us pick outfits and direct us through a "scene". The photos turned out absolutely amazing and we are so happy we decided to do it. If you're on the fence about whether or not to do a photoshoot, definitely do it!

Rooms and Facilities
The resort is relatively small compared to many other resorts in the area. We liked this aspect of Pearl as it felt cozy and very relaxing. The grounds are well kept and everything seemed to be clean. The pool is a good size with lots of space for everyone and the jacuzzi is massive. We really enjoyed sneaking into the jacuzzi ahead of the late night crowd to enjoy a little "us time" under the stars.

The beach is quite small and we didn't spend any time on it. There wasn't a ton of seaweed but there was enough to discourage us from going swimming in the ocean.

We'd describe the rooms at the resort as "basic". We had a standard ocean view room. The light in our hallway didn't work and the closet area was dark as a result. I ran out of cold water during my morning shower on two separate occasions and had to wait ~5 minutes for it to come back on. Overall though, the rooms were "good enough" for what we needed. The mini fridge was restocked daily with beer and bottled water. We ordered room service twice and the food was delivered within 20 minutes both times. Housekeeping was great and our room was typically cleaned before lunch time every day.

Food
My wife and I are self-described foodies. We don't typically enjoy eating at chain restaurants and prefer local fine dining and small 'mom & pop' restaurants. Based on previous experience with all inclusive resorts, we went into the week with no expectations that the food would be as good as it is at home. Overall the food was ok. Some dishes were really delicious and others were... not so much. One big disappointment of ours was that the pasta at dinner was consistently overcooked and mushy. We were big fans of breakfast and the lunchtime grill outside Aphrodite. At home I normally start my day by making myself a latte, and while at Pearl I was able to continue this routine and have a latte with my breakfast. They make a pretty decent cappuccino too. My wife, who is not a coffee drinker, still raves about the fresh squeezed orange juice.

The pizza was not the best we've had but still pretty good, and was a much appreciated option for an afternoon snack. It would have been nice if the pizza oven was also available for a late night snack.

For room service we ordered BLTs and fries, which were quite good to satisfy our late night cravings.

Staff and Service
The service was exceptional and we don't have any complaints. The waiters learned our breakfast orders after a few days, and at dinner were always cheerful and joking around with us. Victor and his colleagues were always a great help with reserving our favourite spot by the pool every morning without us even having to ask.

The playmakers were good at keeping the atmosphere around the pool fun. As someone who is terrible with names, I was impressed that William remembered ours and would greet me and my wife by name every morning. Sam and Bella also stood out to us as being great at their jobs.

A Note About Clothing
With regards to clothing, my wife was fully nude pretty much the entire week. I wasn't quite comfortable staying nude all the time, and only shed my bottoms while in/around the jacuzzi and once in the pool when I was ambushed by two women and they were playfully "forced" off. It seems like it can be a controversial topic around here, but my experience was that it really is true when people say you can wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing.

Age Ranges
The ages at the resort ranged from very few mid-late 30s couples to a few very old couples, with most couples seeming to be in the mid-40s to mid-50s age range (skewing to the higher end of that range).

Summary
We had a great week overall and were able to dip our toes into the lifestyle a bit. We met some fun people over the weekend but after Tuesday we often felt a bit out of place due to our age difference from the bulk of the other guests. Most of this was admittedly likely because of our own insecurities and anxiousness with being new to resorts like Desire and the lifestyle in general. We had anticipated this going into the trip, and were still happy to spend some quality time with each other instead of mingling with others for the second half of the week. We've already started planning our next trip - likely a Thursday to Tuesday as that is when the resort seemed to come alive and we had the most fun.
MrsTMrA

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: April 2023 Newbie Trip Report

Postby nokidclub » Mon May 08, 2023 10:40 pm

Great trip report! Thank you for sharing your experiences here. Good for you…figuring out the fun of this type of resort at a relatively young age. Glad to hear you’re planning another trip too!
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Dirtmoto » Tue May 09, 2023 11:44 am

Thanks for this! My wife and I are also new and young 30s. We were curious about the age range and whether it was a problem.
Dirtmoto

Postby werfun » Wed May 10, 2023 8:40 pm

We would have to say that aage doesn't really matter. As I have said on here before my stepmother was in her lat 70s and had more life in her than a lot of people half her age. So don't get hung up on differences in ages as you might be surprised.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby MrsTMrA » Fri May 12, 2023 7:54 am

werfun wrote:We would have to say that aage doesn't really matter. As I have said on here before my stepmother was in her lat 70s and had more life in her than a lot of people half her age. So don't get hung up on differences in ages as you might be surprised.

Yes, agreed. All of the fun people we referred to in the trip report were were older than us, and that's OK. Although we sometimes found it difficult to relate to certain topics of conversation, we actually look at the age range in a positive light - since we're on the younger side we still have 25+ years ahead of us to enjoy Desire!
MrsTMrA

We are from: Canada

Postby NewCplHere » Wed May 31, 2023 6:23 pm

We are new as wel, like watching and reading the updated reports.

Thanks and much appreciated.
NewCplHere

We arrive on: 25 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl