First Visit to Pearl 4/29-5/4, 2024

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First Visit to Pearl 4/29-5/4, 2024

Postby Explorer22 » Mon May 06, 2024 7:23 pm

Trip report from our first visit to Pearl 4/29/2024 - 5/4/2024

This was our first trip to Pearl, but second trip to desire for my wife (29) and I (28). We wouldn’t consider ourselves fully “in the lifestyle” (swapping partners), but perhaps we are somewhere on that spectrum with lots of curiosities.

Day 1 - We arrived at the resort on a Monday around 3pm. The check in process was mostly smooth, with the exception of having to go back to the front desk after we were walked to our room since our wrist bands were not programmed correctly to open the door. The sales pitch for the presentation was very relaxed and the representative was respectful of us declining the offer. This was a relief for us as we had been traveling for 12 hours and just wanted to get into vacation mode!

Once we were settled into the room, we went to find something to eat. Given the time of around 4pm, we didn’t realize that many of the restaurants were changing over for dinner and were not open. Room service and pizza were available and we picked pizza (which was really good!). The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and getting our bearings around the resort. We called it an early night.

Day 2 - Our first full day where we got coffee, hit the gym, enjoyed a buffet style breakfast at Aphrodite, and then got our chairs reserved at the pool. We were able to pick our spot by the pool and we chose to spend the first few days in a sunny area of the active pool. After spending the day in the pool and making friends, we went to Pearl for dinner (no reservation required). Dinner was excellent and we went with the meal recommendations from the staff. After dinner we watched the live band that played some popular rock/country covers followed by an amazing show put on in the disco. After the show in the disco was finished, people stuck around to dance but it died down fairly quickly after that. We then decided to check out the hot tub and it did not disappoint! It was a fun and sexy environment and we found the sensual atmosphere sparked something between us.

Day 3 - Another pool day on the active side where we made more friends and spent the majority of the day with one couple we really clicked with. We also decided to book the erotic fantasy dinner to celebrate my birthday. It is difficult to describe how great the experience was, and if you are on the fence about it, go ahead and book the erotic dinner! You won’t regret it. We enjoyed a multiple course meal that was accompanied with wine pairings chosen by Martinez the sommelier. In between courses, there were multiple performances by 3 strippers (two female, one male). They were all beautiful and extremely talented. Before the show, each couple in attendance was asked if they were comfortable with any touching by the performers. Everybody in our group agreed, and that led to some very sexy moments!

Day 4 - More of a recovery day for us as we had spent the last two days in the sun and socializing, and our new friends were leaving that day. As a result, we decided to get a pool bed on the quiet side. This was a much needed recharge day and we kept reflecting on all of the unforgettable moments that we experienced so far this trip. We enjoyed a great dinner at Suki and had a quiet evening.

Day 5 - Our final day and we decided again to stay on the quiet side of the pool. In the afternoon we booked a photo session (which we highly recommend!!). The photographer was very professional and made us feel comfortable even though we felt a bit outside of our comfort zone with having sensual pictures taken of us. The end result was fantastic and we were struggling to pick what pictures to purchase since we wanted them all! Following the photo session we had a quick 20 minute massage that was included when we booked. The massage was great, but I was a little bummed it was only 20 minutes (the length of the massage was never listed on the promotion when I booked, so that’s completely on me for assuming it would be a more typical 50-60mins). We had the option to add more time for a price, but decided against it. After the massage we enjoyed the spa facilities with the soak pool, sauna, and steam room. Later in the evening, my wife booked a surprise which was a wine pairing dinner which was hosted in a private wine cellar area next to the Pearl restaurant. Our sommelier for the evening was Martinez who we recognized from the erotic dinner a few nights earlier. He did an excellent job and was a very entertaining host. As someone who only has a base level knowledge of wines, there was so much that I learned and the pairings were incredible. My favorite course had to be the lobster ravioli paired with a white wine that had lots of fruit and tropical notes (pear, pineapple, orange, mango, etc.). We ended our last day with a trip to the hot tub and met a nice couple who happened to live in the same small town that we do! We exchanged contact info and will be keeping in touch - a friendship formed by the magic of Desire!

Overall it was an incredible trip, but also a very different experience for us when comparing it to our trip two years ago to Rivera Maya. We appreciated the more relaxed vibe of Pearl and think we would pick it again for our next trip back to Desire. For us, it seemed easier to make connections with other couples at Pearl. I’m not sure if that is just a change in approach or perspective on our end since our last trip? Or perhaps we feel that we fit in more with the crowd at Pearl?

One final thing I wanted to note was the age demographic at Pearl. My wife and I were definitely on the younger side being in our late twenties. I would say that the average age of the crowd at pearl was around the same or perhaps slightly older than the crowd we experienced at Riviera Maya in 2022. However, at Riviera Maya the closest couple to our age was still ~10 years older than us. With our trip to Pearl, we found that there were multiple couples around our same age! Age isn’t a big deal for us, and we typically find that we end up connecting well with couples that are a bit older than us anyways. The only reason for brining up the age demographic we encountered was due to the impression I got from browsing the forums before our trip. It’s a small sample size, but take it for what it’s worth!
Explorer22

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 29 Apr 2024

Re: First Visit to Pearl 4/29-5/4, 2024

Postby redbug347 » Tue May 07, 2024 4:58 pm

Nice report.
We arrive next Wednesday. How was the playroom? Was it quiet or did it pick up after the disco show?
Cheers!
redbug347
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 23 Apr 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Quiver

Postby Sarahhminor » Tue May 07, 2024 6:36 pm

The gym! I keep forgetting to ask about it! Everyone’s clothed in there right? What kind of equipment is there?
Sarahhminor

Postby Mikepro1970 » Tue May 07, 2024 9:11 pm

Fully clothed in gym, like any normal gym. Some free weights and benches, a cable machine, a few running machines and bikes. Perfectly adequate and modern kit.
Mikepro1970

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 10 Apr 2024

Postby nokidclub » Tue May 07, 2024 11:14 pm

I have no idea how the belief started that RM is younger. In our experience, after 18 visits to the two resorts, Pearl has been younger and more wild than RM. Every time. We have had great times at both resorts for sure, but our wildest encounters with young, hot couples have happened more often and more easily at Pearl.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Explorer22 » Wed May 08, 2024 10:08 am

redbug347 wrote:Nice report.
We arrive next Wednesday. How was the playroom? Was it quiet or did it pick up after the disco show?
Cheers!

Thanks! The playroom was much smaller than it was at RM. I’m bad at estimating, but it was maybe a 15x15ft room with 5 or 6 bed areas shaped like a horseshoe around the room. We only ever saw one couple go in to use the space, but we also didn’t stick around for more than ~30 mins after the performance ended. I personally liked the playroom at RM better since it felt like it was more spread out. Personal preference depending on the type of experience you are looking for.
Explorer22

Postby travmex » Wed May 08, 2024 4:26 pm

The playroom at Pearl is not used much, and when I was there was typically given over to the entertainers for use as a changing room.
travmex
Desire Fan

Postby Orcowgirl » Wed May 08, 2024 7:51 pm

nokidclub wrote:I have no idea how the belief started that RM is younger. In our experience, after 18 visits to the two resorts, Pearl has been younger and more wild than RM. Every time. We have had great times at both resorts for sure, but our wildest encounters with young, hot couples have happened more often and more easily at Pearl.

Your post looks exactly like ours! We have ALWAYS said this! And more nudity at Pearl. We have been to Pearl about 25x and RM about 7x and stay two weekends on our trips, so we do get a good view of demographics. Younger and wilder at Pearl.
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2024

Postby radarisdown » Mon May 13, 2024 10:02 pm

Explorer22 wrote:Trip report from our first visit to Pearl 4/29/2024 - 5/4/2024

Day 3 - Another pool day on the active side where we made more friends and spent the majority of the day with one couple we really clicked with. We also decided to book the erotic fantasy dinner to celebrate my birthday. It is difficult to describe how great the experience was, and if you are on the fence about it, go ahead and book the erotic dinner! You won’t regret it. We enjoyed a multiple course meal that was accompanied with wine pairings chosen by Martinez the sommelier. In between courses, there were multiple performances by 3 strippers (two female, one male). They were all beautiful and extremely talented. Before the show, each couple in attendance was asked if they were comfortable with any touching by the performers. Everybody in our group agreed, and that led to some very sexy moments!

Can you share more about the erotic fantasy dinner? We will be there during my birthday and are trying to decide what extra fun stuff to do.
radarisdown
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Aug 2024

Postby AZtraveler » Mon May 13, 2024 11:56 pm

During our visit to Pearl in March we did the Fantasy Dinner in the disco. On a couple of prior visits, we considered going, but after thinking about it my girlfriend always said she didn’t want to go. In March I was surprised that she requested we go. When we were being seated for dinner we (and I think all the couples) were asked how much interaction we wanted with the Strippers - not knowing for sure what we were getting into we said “some” but some other couple must have said they wanted more involvement. The dinner was hosted by the sommelier - whose name escapes me at the moment - who kept things sexy, but respectful and with a great sense of humor. The food was quite excellent and my steak was much better than in the restaurants. There were various wines and lots of high quality champaign. As dinner started the couple sitting across from us started to make out at the table and in a few moments it was obvious they were the entertainment - there were two female and one male stripper. They put on a great show at several points in the dinner. Every couple got involved - women more than men - and seemed to have fun. My girlfriend ended up dancing with the strippers briefly but another woman was really into to it and by the end of her dancing was only wearing her thong. Part of the show was opening champaign with a saber - Sabrage - which the sommelier did first and then showed several others that got a chance to open more champaign… there was never a shortage of good champaign. As we left the disco my girlfriend said that she wants to go to the Fantasy Dinner again and we should say we want to be more involved. We will be back for Halloween and we will do the Fantasy Dinner again. It’s not inexpensive, but it is a great experience. And don’t say “some”, go all in….
AZtraveler
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2024

Postby bugsby » Tue May 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Heartheld thanks to Explorer22 and AZtraveler for the great reports! We were intrigued by your descriptions of the Fantasy Dinner and we had a few questions. Do the strippers go all the way or do they keep their bottoms on like the in-room strippers now do? What kind of touching/interaction is allowed? We are thinking of booking the Fantasy Dinner ourselves, so any details would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance!
bugsby

Postby Explorer22 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:31 pm

bugsby wrote:Heartheld thanks to Explorer22 and AZtraveler for the great reports! We were intrigued by your descriptions of the Fantasy Dinner and we had a few questions. Do the strippers go all the way or do they keep their bottoms on like the in-room strippers now do? What kind of touching/interaction is allowed? We are thinking of booking the Fantasy Dinner ourselves, so any details would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

No problem! The strippers do keep their bottoms on. The strippers at the dinner are also the same ones available for the in-room option as that was advertised at the end of our dinner. They did not explicitly mention rules on touching/interactions, but it seemed like it was OK for the strippers to touch us (after we initially consented at the beginning), but any touching of the strippers were led by them. For example, one of the female strippers went around the table during a dance and approached my wife and asked if she was OK with being touched. After agreeing, she then put her hands down the front of my wife’s dress and felt up her chest. Later in the evening, I was brought up onto a chair and was given a lap dance. I wasn’t quite sure on the rules, so I kept my hands to my sides until she grabbed my hands and put them on her ass. They would also get up very close during the performance and be dancing with their chest a few inches from your face at times. I should also mention that the performances were usually done in between courses, so I felt the pacing was perfect going between focusing on the food and the company, and then on the performances in between.
Explorer22

Postby radarisdown » Thu May 16, 2024 8:07 pm

What was the cost?
radarisdown
Desire Fan

Postby Explorer22 » Fri May 17, 2024 9:27 am

radarisdown wrote:What was the cost?

Not cheap - Around $500 USD. However, it was a fun and unique experience that I definitely couldn't get back at home!
Explorer22

Postby radarisdown » Sat May 18, 2024 1:58 pm

Of all the experiences would you have placed it at top of your list? Sounds like a lot of fun! How was the food? Especially compared to the regular restaurants
radarisdown
Desire Fan

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl