November 2014 Pearl Trip Report with Pictures!

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: November 2014 Pearl Trip Report with Pictures!

Postby twp » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Best trip report ever !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the pictures. 2 months to go......
twp
Desire Fan

We are from: USA

Postby winederful2 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:50 pm

GREAT trip report!!! We were there in September and headed back in Feb. Fantastic photos....getting me so excited for the next trip!
winederful2
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 25 Jan 2017

Postby ja68 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Great trip report!
When you described the bar and some of the drinks you sampled, it reminded me of a drink the bartender made me that I wish I could duplicate... maybe you can help. I think he called it a coffee martini? but it had all sorts of different ingredients in addition to the vodka and coffee... ring any bells? Would love to make that again...
ja68
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:52 pm

I've made it with vodka, kahlua, white creme de cacao and a shot of espresso.......damn tasty!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby BTDT » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:59 pm

You have a very good eye. Really enjoyed the photos.
BTDT
Desire Fan

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Mr. K already read your report this week but somehow I missed it! Great info, and I love the pics!

I've seen a couple of other people mention the robes - we were just there in October and we had the traditional belted plush robe. I wonder if they changed something since then. Weird! I would think those wouldn't be the most comfortable either, kind of like a dress rather than a robe. Mr. Indy did wear it well, though. :)

-Mrs. S
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby couplenindy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:44 pm

ja68 wrote:Great trip report!
When you described the bar and some of the drinks you sampled, it reminded me of a drink the bartender made me that I wish I could duplicate... maybe you can help. I think he called it a coffee martini? but it had all sorts of different ingredients in addition to the vodka and coffee... ring any bells? Would love to make that again...

I have heard people here talk about an espresso martini...but we did not try one...sounds great though!
~Indy
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby Profcouple » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:14 pm

We were there the same week as you - how did we miss you? LOL... Fantastic trip report, I was going to do one that would have been one or two paragraphs, so you took care of it all. Other than the Lomas travel problem (ours went fine fortunately), you really nailed the week in your description, and the pics are awesome. We too were disappointed with the difficulty finding someone to get a spot to sit.

The three comments we would add are that the two "nice" restaurants (Pearl and the Sushi restaurant) are very small, very slow, and won't take groups larger than 6. The food was very good, but if you didn't get there at exactly the right moment, you were not likely to get in without a very long wait (meals took 90 minutes minimum). The food was excellent, but they clearly aren't good at logistics in their restaurants. For example - we went there Monday night for French cuisine. The two of us were seated at a 4-top, while there were 2-3 2-tops empty. The next group in was two couples, who were seated at a 6-top (only two of these total), and the group of 6 was told they would have a 30-45 minute wait (which they correctly realized would be more like 90 minutes). We all showed up at the same time, so they knew what they needed and really botched the seating.

Can't wait to go back!
Profcouple

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC, SLS

Postby mondo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:26 pm

Wonderful pictures and great trip report. It was factual, informative and there was no whining in regards to the things you did not like.
There was no mentioning of the construction next door. was is a noise or privacy issue? Thanks so much. Mondo.
mondo

We arrive on: 10 Mar 2015

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:57 pm

ja68 wrote:Great trip report!

I make mine with one part vodka , one part kahula, two parts espresso. Lovely! Brew the espresso or strong coffee early and chill for better results. Shake with ice, pour in chilled martini glass, enjoy.
Eddie and Jojo's white chocolate add sounds lovely, too

Mr. K makes his with vermouth, but I don't know the ratios. I'll send him to answer that.
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby couplenindy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:41 pm

mondo wrote:Wonderful pictures and great trip report. It was factual, informative and there was no whining in regards to the things you did not like.
There was no mentioning of the construction next door. was is a noise or privacy issue? Thanks so much. Mondo.

Thanks Mondo...I did not notice any construction anywhere near the resort. There were no noise issues at all (umm except an occasional moaning from my neighbors...but we kinda liked that). No privacy issues either. There were occasional people who walked past the resort on the beach...but most just tried to look at the naked people without looking like they were looking at the naked people :wink: We did see one family with a small child who made a game of "running as fast as we can past this resort so maybe our child wont notice people are naked"...I think if the parents had ignored it...the child (maybe 4) would have too.

~Indy
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby danbo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:15 am

Mondo. It looks like you have Pearl and RM mixed up. A big hotel is going up beside RM.
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl