Trip Report 16th - 28th May. 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Trip Report 16th - 28th May. 2015

Postby feverpair2015 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:27 am

Day 9 - Sunday
Breakfast, get loungers on beach, yoga with Kia and Liz at 10, back to loungers, lunch in Aphrodite, loungers again and then off to something new hosted by Liz, and wow, it was great.
The afternoon activity which is new this year, although I believe that did a few sessions last year was called "Sensual Workshop - rekindle the flame". I won't say too much about this so as not to ruin it for those yet to come to Pearl, but the sexy Liz sent us into a world of sound, aroma, tickling all our senses of which some were enhanced and some were removed, and high desire and sexual activity. In our session we ended up with full sex, but depending on the crowd, this may differ. Liz did a great job of arousing us all so I would say, it is definitely worth doing. Well don't Liz.
Seaweed was yet again being cleared, and as I said before, they always leave a thin strip between sea and sand, but to be honest, if they did clear it all completely, the line would appear again within an hour. To completely clear it all would be impossible. They even had, what looked like, 20+ volunteers yesterday helping the staff clear it, but today was quite bad and a lot deposited itself on the beach. For us, the seaweed doesn't bother us, it's just part of the resort that we accept, no one should call it a spoiler.

The last three days, our maid has left us some lovely towel animals which were a rabbit, a bear and a bull, very thoughtful.
Dinner was at Aphrodite, Italian night, and it was excellent.
Tonight will be our second masquerade so we shall be wearing our masks, having a good boogie, and then off for a quick dip in the jacuzzi before bed.
Desire Pearl 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Desire RM 2017

SDC : feverpair
KIK : feverpair
MeWe : fever pair
feverpair2015
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Travelcouple89 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:00 pm

We have heard some great reports about the Sensual Workshop. We are really looking forward to it this year! :wink:
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby Cpl du Nord » Mon May 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Travelcouple89 wrote:We have heard some great reports about the Sensual Workshop. We are really looking forward to it this year! :wink:

We did the sensual workshop at the end of February. It was fantastic. Can't wait to do it again when we return in November.
Kasidie and Lifestyle Lounge: CplduNord ǀ SLS: Cpl_du_Nord ǀ CND: Cpl du Nord
Cpl du Nord
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 05 Nov 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Bareman » Tue May 26, 2015 3:00 pm

Is the Sensual Workshop a daily activity or once a week? Is Liz the only one who teaches it?
Desire RM and Pearl April 2015
Desire Peal December 2018
Bareman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Dec 2018

Postby Cpl du Nord » Tue May 26, 2015 3:20 pm

sxmcolover wrote:Is the Sensual Workshop a daily activity or once a week? Is Liz the only one who teaches it?

I believe it was held twice in the eight nights we were there in February. To the best of my knowledge Liz is the only instructor.
Kasidie and Lifestyle Lounge: CplduNord ǀ SLS: Cpl_du_Nord ǀ CND: Cpl du Nord
Cpl du Nord
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 05 Nov 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Gemini Rose » Tue May 26, 2015 3:47 pm

sxmcolover wrote:Is the Sensual Workshop a daily activity or once a week? Is Liz the only one who teaches it?

We were there for 8 nights (5/9-17). I never saw it offered. Wish it had been :(
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby feverpair2015 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Twice a week and with Liz only from what I can tell.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby feverpair2015 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:32 pm

It also looks like there is another new class "Sexual workshop with Triambika", but we will have gone home by then. It is on Thursday at 15.00
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby feverpair2015 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:27 am

Summary of our visit to Pearl.
Rather than having a rambling overview I have bullet pointed our views of our visit to Pearl.
Overall, it's been a fantastic vacation, the only issue we had is that out room keys stopped working for the last 3 days and we had to go to reception to get someone to let us in each time we wanted to return to our room. Some of the items below are just our opinion or observations and as such are not fact and could be inaccurate.
We would definitely do it again, loved everything about the resort, it wasn't quite what we expected from reading posts on here and elsewhere, but that's no bad thing, for us, it made it better. If you come here, be open minded and manage your expectations and you will love every minute. Great staff, great resort, great weather and in the vast majority, wonderful guests.

Airport transfers - We used Amstar Mexico, they were great, shared shuttle with two other couples, left airport within 5 minutes and was at Pearl within 30 minutes.

Water - You will get bottled water in your fridge, and this is kept topped up by the maid so no need to use tap water. Someone we spoke to was sick for 12 hours because he thought he may have drank the tap water in the night. So avoid the tap water and use the bottles. From what we heard, all salad items are washed and prepared with filtered water in the kitchen.

Food - excellent and varied, you should never get bored. Buffet and a la carte are both great

Wine - We had house wine each time, my wife likes her wine and as far as she was concerned, the house wine was fine, therefore we didn't need to pay extra for specific wines.

Sales Pitch - We did not experience this, it was never offered so I did not have to sit through it. Another couple we spoke to did and after two hours just left. I can't believe how expensive it is! If I was offered the sales pitch I had already decided to set a stop watch and put it on the table, once it hit 5 mins we would have been done and I would have told the sales person the approach before hand. "You've got five minutes, sell it to me"

Restaurants - Clean and enjoyable to eat in. They can be dark in the evenings, but the waiters have torches to help you read the menu. You only have to book for the Sushi.

Dress Code in Restaurants - Aphrodite is casual, open toed shoes allowed, the only criticism is that some, not many, ate lunch in bikinis, which didn't, to us, feel appropriate, also, some themed outfits are also not appropriate for an evening meal. Pearl and Sushi was smart dress, and everyone stuck to it which adds to the atmosphere.

Staff - Amazing, everyone makes you feel special no matter where they work.

Entertainment Staff - Charlie and the crew were fantastic, friendly and professional, they never force you to do anything. Shame that some items were not well attended such as Yoga but in the main they were great fun.
The sensual workshop was awesome and went way beyond what I expected.

Tips - We did tip on occasion when service was better than excellent. Did it buy us any favours, no, we were treated the same as everyone else. Tipping doesn't change the behaviour of the staff, and why would I want to, they are all great.

Mosquitoes - Did not experience any.

Theme nights - Always good fun, but people dressing for the theme are definitely in the minority. Themes such as White or Florescent nights were 50/50 in theme, but when there are more specific nights such as Super heroes hardly anyone dressed up. Don't feel that you have to fit the theme, it won't detract from the enjoyment of the night, but for simple to fit themes then we all have outfits that are white or black do at least try to give it a go, it promotes a better atmosphere.

Excursions - There's a gentlemen that sells excursions on site, we did two, clothing optional snorkelling and a day trip to Chichen Itza and Cenote Ik Kil, both brilliant and if you are brave enough, take a leap into the sink hole off the top steps. Life jackets were provided for both trips for weak swimmers.

Other guests - After nearly two weeks, Pearl to us felt more like a romantic couples place where you can be frisky with each other without embarrassment. When it comes to lifestyle, we didn't experience any and we didn't see any, but perhaps it goes on in the rooms. For us, not being American, it felt like we were a little on the outside as cultures usually group together, and as the majority of guests are American, it just felt difficult for Europeans to mingle. Also, why do guests choose the quite end of the pool for their accommodation and then at 3 o'clock in the morning sit on their balconies shouting rather than just talking normally to each other and friends. We chose the quiet end so that we could get some sleep when we wanted, not to listen to others shouting and laughing to the point we could clearly understand everything that was said even though all the doors and windows were closed and the aircon was on. If you want to stay up late, choose the active end. Correction, we finally saw some lifestyle action around the jacuzzi on the beds, oh sorry, experienced lifestyle action because it was us and a Canadian couple, who were lovely. So other than ourselves, we still didn't see any lifestyle action on display across 2 weeks.

Resort - Very clean, great rooms, great grounds. Nothing I can pick fault at, even the pool outside the main lobby with the fountain was attractive.

Evening entertainment - The live bands were all great, get yourself a drink and find a seat. Even boogie if you want to, it is encouraged.
Before the disco starts there is an act on show, make sure you watch them as they are fantastic and sexy, doors open at 10.30.

Loungers - We never had a problem finding somewhere to park our arses. If you couldn't get one round the pool, there were plenty on the beach. Yes, premier loungers often were empty, but for the ridiculous amount they pay for the privilege, they deserve to be able to have one reserved.

Seaweed - The staff work really hard to clear what they can, but it is never fully cleared, an impossible task from what I could tell. It shouldn't ruin your stay, to us it was just a feature of the coastline.

Weather - I think we were lucky, 32 degrees just about everyday, 90 % humidity which was a little high for us, and a couple of brief showers over the two weeks.

Wifi - Excellent at the quite end of the pool, room 82, not so good in the lobby. That's my experience anyway.

Good luck everyone, enjoy your vacation.

Feverpair. XXX

:UK
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby SolDesires » Wed May 27, 2015 9:59 am

Thank you for your thorough trip report! 12 days and counting for us :D
SolDesires
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 10 Jun 2016

Postby TandD » Wed May 27, 2015 10:27 am

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great time. Just a few observations on your report.

feverpair2015 wrote:If I was offered the sales pitch I had already decided to set a stop watch and put it on the table, once it hit 5 mins we would have been done and I would have told the sales person the approach before hand. "You've got five minutes, sell it to me"

For us, the people are so nice (and just doing their job) that we simply chatted with them briefly as they began talking about the membership plan and pleasantly told them we were not interested and that was it. I think many of us are conditioned to put up our defenses for a "Time Share" pitch but I don't think it's necessary here.

Restaurants - Clean and enjoyable to eat in. They can be dark in the evenings, but the waiters have torches to help you read the menu. You only have to book for the Sushi.

I always get a kick out of the European term for what we Americans call flashlights. Our definition of a "torch" is a flaming stick that is used to light caves in scary movies so it's fun to imagine the waiters carrying those from table to table to help people read menus!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby SunBeachFun » Wed May 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Nice report, organized, easy to read the topics of interest. Thanks!!!!
SunBeachFun
Desire Lover

Postby esj1080 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:25 am

Hey, I noticed you talked about theme nights:

feverpair2015 wrote:Theme nights - Always good fun, but people dressing for the theme are definitely in the minority. Themes such as White or Florescent nights were 50/50 in theme, but when there are more specific nights such as Super heroes hardly anyone dressed up. Don't feel that you have to fit the theme, it won't detract from the enjoyment of the night, but for simple to fit themes then we all have outfits that are white or black do at least try to give it a go, it promotes a better atmosphere.

White, Super heroes? Don't see these on the info Pearl puts out. Were these just for a special occasion?
esj1080

We arrive on: 21 Jun 2015

Postby feverpair2015 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:56 am

esj1080 wrote:Hey, I noticed you talked about theme nights:

White, Super heroes? Don't see these on the info Pearl puts out. Were these just for a special occasion?

I believe Superheroes was a special night, white and florescent were a standard night from what I recall.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby tommer » Fri May 29, 2015 8:41 am

Dazzling Red and Black - Super Heroes is the theme night offering at Pearl on Saturday nights ...... according to the current Activities Program. As things can always change, we plan to copy the proposed weekly calendar just before we leave for Desire ..... not far away!!!
tommer
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl