June 2015 Trip Report-FIRST TIME!

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

June 2015 Trip Report-FIRST TIME!

Postby ksr » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:15 pm

This was our first time at a C/O resort (Pearl). June 26 through 30. This forum was a great help. So, I thought I’d share, in no particular order, some information for others that might be considering a first visit.

We are 55 (wife), 56 me. Older, not the oldest and not an issue for us. 31st anniversary. I would guess 40-50 to be the average age for our stay. Every size and shape. Great people and great fun.

Disco. Closed it down, two of the 4 nights. I love to dance and we did. One night the music was raw techno and we just can’t dance to that. The place empty’s out fast—but we danced. Starts with a short show, crowed, and thins out fast. Several women that stayed, got very close to naked most nights. Great fun. I’d go just for the Disco. I wore jeans and a polo, she wore sexy see through mesh. I was soaking wet when we left. Hot in a number of ways. I asked my wife if I should take some cloths off while dancing and she said it might send the wrong message. I won’t make that mistake twice-they’re coming off. We participated lightly in theme nights. We will participate more next time.

Speaking of next time--RM on Aug. 19 for 4 nights. For us, 4 nights is perfect. I read somewhere on the forum that these resorts are addictive.

The general day was breakfast, pool, lunch, gym, dinner, disco and hot tub. Crazy, but I was in the gym every day and loved it.

Mosquitos. None. Day or night, not one bite. Never saw one or thought of one. Guess we weren’t appetizing.

Hot tub/Jacuzzi. So again, I am really attempting to reach out to first timers. As a first timer, when I read about the casual way that people wrote about leaving the disco and going to the Jacuzzi naked with a bunch of other naked people—that was a little tough to get my mind around (kind of like going to Denny’s after a night of drinking and dancing—but not). But, there we were. People that we had met that day greeting us before we got our first toe in the water. The second night there, first night at the Jacuzzi, around 2am, 3 or 4 ladies were climbing up on the bar doing body shots in the nude for about a half an hour---and it was just normal—loved it. I asked my wife about it the next day and she said she didn’t even see it as she was so busy talking. Water temp was always perfect. Most of the people on the beds were engaged in some type of sexual activity, which I thought was cool. A few people having some type of sex in the water, with the other 80% talking and drinking. We stayed in the disco until late, so we arrived at the Jacuzzi early in the morning each night. Seemed like 3am was about when we went to bed each night-definitely does not happen in the real world.

Room. Roof top suite with terrace. Room 29 in the fish building. Overlooked the busy end of the pool and hot tub. Great and worth every dime. We spent a lot of time on the terrace doing whatever we wanted under the sun and stars. Right over the Jacuzzi, 3 stories up we had no issues with music or noise. Inside was great, cold air, 5 bottles of booze, as much wine as she could hold and treats of some type every day. They decorated our room one night for our anniversary-just great.

Transfer. Private transfer came with the room and worked out great. They had us leaving 3 hours before our flight. I asked the front desk to dial back to two hours. We still had about an hour of dead time at the Cancun airport on a Tuesday departure.

Let me address some first timer stuff and misc. items. We have never been to a C/O resort. We always felt constrained at a regular resort and wanted to try a place where we could enjoy each other more openly without any worries. Arrive on Friday about 2pm, smooth, friendly, warm check-in. No surprises. Thanks to the forum, we were ready for the sales pitch. The guy shared a great deal of good information about the resort and then pulled out the coupon. We said no and he slowly withdrew and introduced our butler. Took about an hour in the heat-wife was not happy. Off to the room and out to the pool/beach with cloths (swim suits) on. We just were not ready. Walked out on the dock when a naked day cruise was coming in and a bunch of naked people struck up a conversation. So, first timers, there we were shooting the breeze with a bunch of naked people. Great people, and we ended up standing there talking with them for about an hour. They very politely introduced their feelings about lifestyle preference and we shared ours. Ended the first day with gym, disco and a late night half clothed walk around the property. We walked by the Jacuzzi—but no way—looking back, to funny. Day two (first full day), breakfast and off to the quiet end of the pool. About 10 people moving around at any given time. Some younger, some older, some dressed and some not dressed. We grabbed two chairs that were half way in the water. Pool water temp was always perfect. I lost the shorts within a few min. and she pulled off her top a few min. later. She kept her bottoms on at the pool most of the time we were there. She walked around in a see-thru mesh and went to the disco that way. If there is a normal, it’s naked, not dressed. Throughout the day, we slowly worked our way down to the bar, using the depth of the water to our advantage, and into the busy side of the pool. It was Saturday and that was foam party day. I believe it was at 2pm and we were in no pain from the sun and drinks. She ended up pulling me into the foam-didn’t see that coming. Seems crazy that I am writing this now-but I remember not knowing what to expect or how we would feel. We did the gym, dinner and disco and went to the hot tub. She had on bottoms and by now, I had hooked my room key to a bracelet and that is how I left the room for the rest of the trip-unless eating. And yes, the key worked fine after being under water in the hot tub. I may have gone for pizza nude one night at 3am—not sure.

We met and talked with several couples. Everyone was just great and friendly. Lifestyle was never an issue for anyone. Just great fun people that would always say hi and talk.

Food. We’re not big eaters, but here are our takeaways. Breakfast was great. Ordered egg white omelets and nibbled off the buffet. Lunch buffet was a lot of stew like dishes. I loved it, but she is more of a meat and potatoes type of person. Straight up American food, if that makes any sense. She nibbled off the buffet and ordered a cheese burger and fries that were out of this world good. I stole a bite and a fry or two. When it comes to food we are boring Americans and, for the most part, could not even read the dinner menus. I enjoyed the unknown food journey, but they really seemed to be reaching for the high end. I’d rather they were reaching high then low! We went back and forth, eating two nights at both restaurants and that was enough for us. To be fair, I think you could just say I want a big ass steak and a hot baked potato and they would get it for you. We don’t generally order room service, not sure why, but that is another option. The pizza at 3am was great! They grilled fajitas by the pool one day and burgers and chicken another day, both were great.

Staff. From the pizza chef at 3am to every single person that worked there—like no place we have ever been. The staff are great. People we never met or dealt with were wishing us a happy anniversary.

Tips. Tough subject. After all, it is all inclusive. The forum was very helpful. I read a post about using $2 bills. Right or wrong, here is how we tipped (I’d welcome your feedback-too much, too little?). We had two butlers and we gave each a $20 at the beginning of the stay and at the end for a total of $80. Dinner each night was a $6 tip (first 3 nights) and $20 at each restaurant on the last night. Same waiter each night. Additionally, we tipped the bartenders, pool attendants, etc. a total of $74 throughout the 4 nights with my handy $2 bills. There may have been a couple of $5 here and there. (I put this para. under a tips thread also).

Theme nights. Did not know what to expect and as I mentioned we participated lightly. We did wear masks our second night—that was liberating and probably cranked up the exotic aspects of the vacation. Strange. We plan to try to embrace the themes on this next trip.
After dinner, before the first show and before the disco opens, couples are mingling around drinking with most of the women in extremely sexy and revealing outfits. It really is an incredible place. Adult Disney on steroids (probably more than I know).

Beach. The beach was totally unusable. Seaweed in and out of the water was very, very heavy. We stepped in the water for 15 sec. and our ankles were covered with seaweed. No big deal, there was a pool swarming with naked people as a backup.

Lifestyle. For first timers that may have concerns—don’t. I love reading the reports from those that participate in the LS. Everyone could not have been more respectful and warm and welcoming then the crowd at Pearl. Never had to come close to “no means no for any reason”.

We did the photo shoot. Unreal. I could do a complete report on just that. She loved it in a big way and I have to admit, so did I. We went from all in shots, (yes, it means what it says), that no one will ever see—lol, to almost dressed couples and individual beach shots. She told me she wants to do the shoot again!

I think I can sum the entire newbie story up, as I mentioned, we’re headed to RM on Aug. 19th. I still have some $2 bills left to burn and, I’m bringing the mask!
kik: KeithandJill
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Hidden Beach experiment
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Aug 2021

Re: June 2015 Trip Report-FIRST TIME!

Postby cptxcpl » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Very nice report. Sounds like you had very looooong days/nights. Glad you enjoyed your first clothing optional experience.
cptxcpl

We arrive on: 08 Aug 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby ksr » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Thanks. Crazy long and I never noticed. So much fun and energy-only took me 56 years to get here.
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Postby cptxcpl » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 am

I do have a question about the tipping. Sounds excessive to me but I'd love to hear opinions of others since we will be there in 2 weeks and
I want to do what is "right". I understand tipping the bartenders and pool attendants because from what I've read on the forum this will usually
get you better service. Butler I'm not sure about, especially $10 a day. What exactly does the butler do for you? Tipping the waiters seemed a little high too, but I may be out of touch with reality. Did others you know tip like you did?
cptxcpl

We arrive on: 08 Aug 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby ksr » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:15 am

It is great to get feedback on this subject because I really don’t have a way to compare or measure what, if any, amount is correct when tipping at an all-inclusive resort. The butler comes with the room and is an added layer of hospitality. We used ours as a single point of contact for everything from ice being delivered at specific times, reserved chairs, beds, liquor, wine, soda, reservations, etc. The waiters seemed understaffed and very hard working. We forgot reading glasses one night at dinner and our waiter ran back to the kitchen, cleaned his glasses off and came back out and gave them to us-laughing and enjoying the fact that we needed them. I’m not sure what amounts others tipped. Everyone that we interacted with on the staff seemed very grateful for the tipping and they really pampered us. Perhaps we went too far with the tipping—I included it in the report in the hope of getting feedback—thank you. Hope you have a great time!
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Postby sandybeachkim » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:25 am

mmm with that generous tipping ... we might even run back and get our glasses for you two hotties lol ... Glad you enjoyed your trip. We are going to Desire RM in Dec. for our first visit. Always nice to read the trip reports. SOOOOO much more interesting than the trip reports I am obligated to read at the office lol
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS

Postby tspad » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:53 pm

We visited in February and tipped at a higher rate-
Daily tips:
Breakfast $10
Lunch $10
Pool chair attendant $10
Pool drink waitress $10
Room attendant $10
Dinner waiter $20
Bar waiters $10

The staff works their tail off to make us happy and the least I can do is show our appreciation. My tip amounts may seem high to some and low to others, it was what we were happy to do and our service was always top notch !!!
tspad
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 07 Feb 2019

Postby ksr » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Thanks sandybeachkim. I’ll try to knock out a trip report following our RM visit in 3 weeks. Hope you have a great trip! :oops:

Thanks tspad for your perspective on tipping. Very helpful.
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Postby sandybeachkim » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks - ksr

That would be great. If you can obtain some name specific "great reputation" female and male massage staff members name at RM, that would be great. We are planning to enjoy a sensual or erotic massage when get there in December. Nothing like starting the playcation off right :) Thanks a bunch. Pls. send us a message here on site when the trip report is done. xoxo
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

Postby ksr » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:11 am

Sounds like we’ll just miss you. Would love to hear how you feel RM compares to Pearl. Have a great trip!
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Postby sandybeachkim » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Will do.
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

Postby Mrsdigi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi-I'm curious as to what category room you picked that came with a butler? Their website just mentions the penthouse as having a butler. Thanks!
Mrsdigi
Desire Convert

Postby ksr » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi Mrsdigi. Yes, ours was a penthouse. I could have been clearer about that-I see now that I never said penthouse. We loved it.
13 DP trips
2 RM visits
1 Wild Hedo II trip
ksr
Desire Addict

Postby Mrsdigi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:47 am

ksr wrote:Hi Mrsdigi. Yes, ours was a penthouse. I could have been clearer about that-I see now that I never said penthouse. We loved it.

Thanks!
Mrsdigi
Desire Convert

Postby kiki1357 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:53 pm

Thank you so much for such a great insight into your first experience. We are headed to Pearl Aug 24 for 7 days and of couse since its our first time I am trying
to get a feel for it. Your report gave me a GREAT feel and I just hope we have as GREAT a time as you!!!!
kiki1357

We arrive on: 24 Aug 1915

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl