Probably last trip

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Probably last trip

Postby Vacationswing » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:31 pm

We have been numerous times to DP and RM. each year we find it less and less lifestyle which was 75 to 95% in early days. Now there are many that are not even nudist. Several where the wife had full suit on in the tub or sitting on edge. I guess it’s curiosity but we don’t get it why anyone would go to a lifestyle resort if you are not at least curious. Our last two trips have been 75 to 95% NON lifestylers. 95% this time...Nudist and voyeurs: you win! We will find somewhere else to go. Eventually you will have no one to watch. Oh wait... that’s now because our last two visits were none.

We should have known it would end up like this with all the posts on here discussing how scared they were and asking if they will fit in. There are many resorts that have clothing optional rules so why the need to take over a lifestyle resort? Before it’s thought or said, I know everyone has a right to go there... eventually all lifestylers will go somewhere else because it will be mostly nudist and watchers. Also, it’s not us either... our avatar is real!

Room: same as usual, comfortable
Food: it’s gotten worse especially Pearl. Breakfast and lunch were pretty good. Suki was good
Play makers: Excellant!
Night shows: very good
Beach: awful with seaweed but it cannot be helped right now

We don’t mean any disrespect to anyone but this WAS a lifestyle place... not any more in our opinion. It’s not worth the price without the lifestyle.


Any other lifestylers on here... please pm us with any thoughts on a new lifestyle place. Otherwise we will just go to clubs near home in the USA.

Have fun
User avatar
Vacationswing
Desire Convert
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:50 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Jun 2019

Re: Probably last trip

Postby werfun » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:06 am

Would like to point out that Desire resorts are lifestyle friendly not just a lifestyle resort.
User avatar
werfun
Desire Superstar
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Hawaii
We are from: USA

Re: Probably last trip

Postby Me&Princess » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:29 am

In our trips to RM the ratio has varied, certainly, but never anything close to the 95% non-lifestylers reported here. Was it just a crazy off week? Have anyone other lifestyle folks experienced anything like that at either resorts? I'm just a little shocked since it usually seems to be about 50/50 at worst.
Me&Princess
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Probably last trip

Postby rdg_dawg » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:08 am

Hate to hear that. We are newbies and our first trip is in 2 weeks. With that said, we are jumping in with both feet. Hopefully that was an off week or something.
kasidie: BeachLvrs
rdg_dawg
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:30 am
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Jul 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasadie

Re: Probably last trip

Postby gntatdesire » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:18 am

We believe more LS couples leave Desire, than arrive :D
"Swayers" often succumb to the erotic environment, at least to some degree... :L
When does flirting become foreplay?

No regrets, except why did we wait to have so much fun!
User avatar
gntatdesire
Desire Devotee
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Texas
We are from: USA

Re: Probably last trip

Postby TandD » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:51 am

Vacationswing wrote:...eventually all lifestylers will go somewhere else

and
Any other lifestylers on here... please pm us with any thoughts on a new lifestyle place.

Well there's your problem right there. I don't think there are many other places quite like this. Where do you suppose all the lifestylers have gone?

My guess is that vast numbers of lifestylers are not being out-bid for rooms by the dirty vanillas invading the resort. I would suggest that it's most likely a perception you have gotten based on the weeks you were there and the crowd who happened to share them.

But even if what you say is true, where else are you going to have even close to this kind of experience? Could be tough to find a replacement.
User avatar
TandD
Desire Legend
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: New England
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Re: Probably last trip

Postby Bareman » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:25 pm

gntatdesire wrote:We believe more LS couples leave Desire, than arrive :D
"Swayers" often succumb to the erotic environment, at least to some degree... :L



I'm confused with your first sentence. So do you agree with the original poster?
Desire RM and Pearl April 2015
Desire Peal December 2018
User avatar
Bareman
Desire Addict
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:45 pm
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Dec 2018

Re: Probably last trip

Postby jandr2u » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:41 pm

Bareman wrote:
gntatdesire wrote:We believe more LS couples leave Desire, than arrive :D
"Swayers" often succumb to the erotic environment, at least to some degree... :L



I'm confused with your first sentence. So do you agree with the original poster?


I think they mean that more people show up on Day 1 of their stay vanilla, but end their stay in the LS. Was true for us, even though our LS start was quite tame (for now). Trip 2 in December. :)
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/12-19 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
User avatar
jandr2u
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:08 am
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Probably last trip

Postby jandr2u » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Well, as a non-LS (before going to Desire), I'm disappointed to read this post. I'm sorry your trip wasn't a success, by whatever means you're measuring success.

It seems like there are a lot of people in the vanilla world who use Desire as a way to dip their toes in the LS pool, so to speak. For some, that progression will be very fast, for others, like us, it will take more than one trip to progress to wherever it is we're progressing to on this adventure together. I'd hope that the LS crowd at Desire would be patient with those of us who are newer and exploring. At least that's been our experience with 95% of the LS folks we've met both at the resort and at the few meet and greets we've been to.

For me, it's more important that the people at the resort are non-judgemental, open, fun, and sexy. They don't need to be swingers or naked all the time. Those seem to be requirements that get in the way of having fun (clearly). You be you, I'll be me and we'll be great together. My wife has no problem being naked, but REALLY loves wearing a bikini. So she wears bikinis that she couldn't wear anywhere else we go. Sexy AF. But I guess because she's not naked all the time, she's probably ruining someone else's time. That seems like their problem, not hers. Gotta love seeing her prance around in a tiny bikini and waiting for her to take it off.

Anyway, I think week to week has to be very different mix-wise and we should look at those that aren't quite comfortable getting naked or participating in LS activities yet as folks we can help bring along on whatever journey they're on. I wonder how many people the OP spoke to and found out why they weren't naked or found out where in their LS journey they were. That would provide more useful information I think.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/12-19 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
User avatar
jandr2u
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:08 am
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Probably last trip

Postby werfun » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:34 pm

jandr2u wrote:Well, as a non-LS (before going to Desire), I'm disappointed to read this post. I'm sorry your trip wasn't a success, by whatever means you're measuring success.

It seems like there are a lot of people in the vanilla world who use Desire as a way to dip their toes in the LS pool, so to speak. For some, that progression will be very fast, for others, like us, it will take more than one trip to progress to wherever it is we're progressing to on this adventure together. I'd hope that the LS crowd at Desire would be patient with those of us who are newer and exploring. At least that's been our experience with 95% of the LS folks we've met both at the resort and at the few meet and greets we've been to.

For me, it's more important that the people at the resort are non-judgemental, open, fun, and sexy. They don't need to be swingers or naked all the time. Those seem to be requirements that get in the way of having fun (clearly). You be you, I'll be me and we'll be great together. My wife has no problem being naked, but REALLY loves wearing a bikini. So she wears bikinis that she couldn't wear anywhere else we go. Sexy AF. But I guess because she's not naked all the time, she's probably ruining someone else's time. That seems like their problem, not hers. Gotta love seeing her prance around in a tiny bikini and waiting for her to take it off.

Anyway, I think week to week has to be very different mix-wise and we should look at those that aren't quite comfortable getting naked or participating in LS activities yet as folks we can help bring along on whatever journey they're on. I wonder how many people the OP spoke to and found out why they weren't naked or found out where in their LS journey they were. That would provide more useful information I think.
:L :L :L :L :L
User avatar
werfun
Desire Superstar
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:00 am
Location: Hawaii
We are from: USA

Re: Probably last trip

Postby ILikefun » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:29 pm

As a couple who just spent 4 nights at Desire RM in June we would like to input a little with some thoughts/experiences.

-EVERYONE has said Pearl is less party/lifestyle compared to RM.
-We found that the crowd was at least 80%-90% lifestyle or could be easily persuaded to be lifestyle on our trip ;)
-My wife and I don't go fully nude, she goes topless, he wears very "clingy" shorts, but the privates will always be covered. Why? It leaves something for the imagination and we love to be asked to take off our pants. *devil smiley* Our level of clothing doesn't say anything about our sexual preferences.
-We have found some of the best looking couples out there expect to have people throw themselves at them, and if they don't no one was "lifestyle" enough for them. We hate this, we are an attractive early 30's couple and if we can't talk and have a good time, we aren't going to ask the couple back to the room. Certain people are just in it to f**k pretty people and that is great, but we are seeing the trend go towards being more lenient on looks and looking for fun sex, not perfect 10 sex.
-If someone says no to your proposition, it doesn't mean they "aren't in the lifestyle" it means they don't want ya'll as a couple. Our last night at Desire we said no to 7 couples, not because we weren't attracted to them, we just wanted to go to bed early. It was definitely a new record for us for propositions and we were flattered, but we also felt bad for the couples that we were letting down.
-The 40's and 50's crowd seems a LOT more concerned with how their body looks (hair, shape, tone) than the 20's and 30's crowd. Again placing importance on body image over personality meshing.

We are not saying that even 1 of these things applies to the original poster, just regaling observations from our recent trip. We had a ball and will be back within the year! :)
SDC: BootyandtheBeard
Kasidie: Bootyandthabeard
User avatar
ILikefun
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:11 pm
Location: North Texas
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Re: Probably last trip

Postby Takes2toTango » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:06 pm

ILikefun wrote:As a couple who just spent 4 nights at Desire RM in June we would like to input a little with some thoughts/experiences.

-EVERYONE has said Pearl is less party/lifestyle compared to RM.
-We found that the crowd was at least 80%-90% lifestyle or could be easily persuaded to be lifestyle on our trip ;)
-My wife and I don't go fully nude, she goes topless, he wears very "clingy" shorts, but the privates will always be covered. Why? It leaves something for the imagination and we love to be asked to take off our pants. *devil smiley* Our level of clothing doesn't say anything about our sexual preferences.
-We have found some of the best looking couples out there expect to have people throw themselves at them, and if they don't no one was "lifestyle" enough for them. We hate this, we are an attractive early 30's couple and if we can't talk and have a good time, we aren't going to ask the couple back to the room. Certain people are just in it to f**k pretty people and that is great, but we are seeing the trend go towards being more lenient on looks and looking for fun sex, not perfect 10 sex.
-If someone says no to your proposition, it doesn't mean they "aren't in the lifestyle" it means they don't want ya'll as a couple. Our last night at Desire we said no to 7 couples, not because we weren't attracted to them, we just wanted to go to bed early. It was definitely a new record for us for propositions and we were flattered, but we also felt bad for the couples that we were letting down.
-The 40's and 50's crowd seems a LOT more concerned with how their body looks (hair, shape, tone) than the 20's and 30's crowd. Again placing importance on body image over personality meshing.

We are not saying that even 1 of these things applies to the original poster, just regaling observations from our recent trip. We had a ball and will be back within the year! :)

:L :L :L
Desire RM April 2010,
Desire Pearl Jan 2016, Oct 2016, Nov 2019
User avatar
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: CA
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 15 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: Probably last trip

Postby jandr2u » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:10 pm

ILikefun wrote:As a couple who just spent 4 nights at Desire RM in June we would like to input a little with some thoughts/experiences.

<snipped for brevity's sake>

We are not saying that even 1 of these things applies to the original poster, just regaling observations from our recent trip. We had a ball and will be back within the year! :)


Awesome post.
J and R
SLS/SDC/Kasidie: jandr2u
kik: caleqs

DRM 1/12-19 2020
DRM 5/26-6/1/19
User avatar
jandr2u
Desire Lover
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:08 am
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Probably last trip

Postby SashaandDavid » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 am

ILikefun wrote:As a couple who just spent 4 nights at Desire RM in June we would like to input a little with some thoughts/experiences.

-EVERYONE has said Pearl is less party/lifestyle compared to RM.
-We found that the crowd was at least 80%-90% lifestyle or could be easily persuaded to be lifestyle on our trip ;)
-My wife and I don't go fully nude, she goes topless, he wears very "clingy" shorts, but the privates will always be covered. Why? It leaves something for the imagination and we love to be asked to take off our pants. *devil smiley* Our level of clothing doesn't say anything about our sexual preferences.
-We have found some of the best looking couples out there expect to have people throw themselves at them, and if they don't no one was "lifestyle" enough for them. We hate this, we are an attractive early 30's couple and if we can't talk and have a good time, we aren't going to ask the couple back to the room. Certain people are just in it to f**k pretty people and that is great, but we are seeing the trend go towards being more lenient on looks and looking for fun sex, not perfect 10 sex.
-If someone says no to your proposition, it doesn't mean they "aren't in the lifestyle" it means they don't want ya'll as a couple. Our last night at Desire we said no to 7 couples, not because we weren't attracted to them, we just wanted to go to bed early. It was definitely a new record for us for propositions and we were flattered, but we also felt bad for the couples that we were letting down.
-The 40's and 50's crowd seems a LOT more concerned with how their body looks (hair, shape, tone) than the 20's and 30's crowd. Again placing importance on body image over personality meshing.

We are not saying that even 1 of these things applies to the original poster, just regaling observations from our recent trip. We had a ball and will be back within the year! :)

This is such a great post. Like this post, we are ‘hardcore’ lifestyle folks but we don’t go fully nude. Both wear sexy bottoms and if that prevents some folks from talking to us or assuming we aren’t lifestyle, that’s on them. If we don’t talk for at least two minutes (wink), nothing is likely to happen anyway.

And it’s amazing how many folks sit back and wait to be approached. We are there to mingle, chat, flirt and eventually, play. Don’t need to date but a connection of some sort is nice. Like this post, not inferring any of this happened with the OP, but loved this post so much we had to comment and commend.
Lifestyle couple for 7 years.
RM- 3/2019
RM- 8/2019
SashaandDavid
Desire Convert
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Location: St Louis, MO
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P AFF

Re: Probably last trip

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:55 am

Interesting how this topic comes up every so often and while I tell myself not to engage, I end up posting for those who are on the fence about visiting the resort. As far as I know, Desire has never billed itself as a Lifestyle resort. Is it lifestyle friendly, of course it is but just look on their official website and you'll see the following "Choose the intensity of your adult-only experience, to create the perfect stay, in a world where clothing is optional and fantasies are endless.  Bring your dreams to life in an atmosphere that is BEYOND SEDUCTION…"

While I don't need to say much else, I will end this post by saying it's an amazing place that hasn't changed much over the past 13 years since we've been going. It's ALL about who is their during your stay and how you approach your vacation. Lastly, if a lifestyle vacation is what you are after then simply contact one of many LS sites to see where the complete takeovers are planned. LL has a great party at RM every March.

Anyway, just my .02 cents, for what it's worth!
Trip #33 - Pearl, Feb/Mar 2020
User avatar
eddieandjojo
Moderator
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:00 am
We are from: USA
Will be at Desire: Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Feb 2020

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests