Probably last trip

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Probably last trip

Postby BoraCouple » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:49 pm

:L
D&G-in-love wrote:
ILikefun wrote:As a couple who just spent 4 nights at Desire RM in June we would like to input a little with some thoughts/experiences.

-My wife and I don't go fully nude, she goes topless, he wears very "clingy" shorts, but the privates will always be covered. Why? It leaves something for the imagination and we love to be asked to take off our pants. *devil smiley* Our level of clothing doesn't say anything about our sexual preferences.

Ok, let me start by saying that I realize that Desire is a c/o resort, and that nudity is not required. I acknowledge that it is everybody’s right to wear a swimsuit at Desire. That being said, I will offer my opinion that it really annoys me when people come to Desire and keep their suits on. There are enough textile resorts around, why would you go to a c/o resort and keep your suits on? The only explanation that I could think of before today is that you want to look at nude people but are too shy or too embarrassed to be nude yourself. For me, neither explanation is acceptable. My thinking is you either go nude yourself or you don’t go to a c/o resort.

Now, after reading the post I have quoted above, I see that there’s another possible explanation for why some people would go to a c/o resort but keep their suits on: they want attention. They want others to beg them to take their suits off. Really?? To seek attention like that seems a little immature to me (insert mental image of a child screeching “look at me, mommy, look at me!”). That’s definitely not the type of person/people I would care to be around, but that’s my personal preference.

For the record, if you are at Desire and you keep your swimsuit on for your entire stay, there are going to be people (myself included) that will believe that you’re either a gawker and/or pervert who is there to get an eyeful without exposing himself/herself, or your junk (male or female) is not fit to see the light of day.
BoraCouple
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2023

Postby Bruce&Pam » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:25 pm

BoraCouple wrote::L
D&G-in-love wrote:
ILikefun wrote:As a couple who just spent 4 nights at Desire RM in June we would like to input a little with some thoughts/experiences.

-My wife and I don't go fully nude, she goes topless, he wears very "clingy" shorts, but the privates will always be covered. Why? It leaves something for the imagination and we love to be asked to take off our pants. *devil smiley* Our level of clothing doesn't say anything about our sexual preferences.

Ok, let me start by saying that I realize that Desire is a c/o resort, and that nudity is not required. I acknowledge that it is everybody’s right to wear a swimsuit at Desire. That being said, I will offer my opinion that it really annoys me when people come to Desire and keep their suits on. There are enough textile resorts around, why would you go to a c/o resort and keep your suits on? The only explanation that I could think of before today is that you want to look at nude people but are too shy or too embarrassed to be nude yourself. For me, neither explanation is acceptable. My thinking is you either go nude yourself or you don’t go to a c/o resort.

Now, after reading the post I have quoted above, I see that there’s another possible explanation for why some people would go to a c/o resort but keep their suits on: they want attention. They want others to beg them to take their suits off. Really?? To seek attention like that seems a little immature to me (insert mental image of a child screeching “look at me, mommy, look at me!”). That’s definitely not the type of person/people I would care to be around, but that’s my personal preference.

For the record, if you are at Desire and you keep your swimsuit on for your entire stay, there are going to be people (myself included) that will believe that you’re either a gawker and/or pervert who is there to get an eyeful without exposing himself/herself, or your junk (male or female) is not fit to see the light of day.

I get it that people are different, but I have to say I totally agree with you about this. I acknowledge that I may be wrong, but that is exactly how I feel, and I figure if I feel that way, there are probably a lot of others that feel the same way about it.

---Bruce
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Postby werfun » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:24 pm

We can't wait to get nude when we get to Desire but with my age and shape I'm surprised that they don't tell me to put my suit on.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby jonxenakis » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:07 am

Bruce&Pam wrote:I get it that people are different, but I have to say I totally agree with you about this. I acknowledge that I may be wrong, but that is exactly how I feel, and I figure if I feel that way, there are probably a lot of others that feel the same way about it.
---Bruce

Bruce is exactly correct. It's a circumstance where shared vulnerability is the best social lubricant.
jonxenakis
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Postby SecretSmileToday » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:48 pm

D&G-in-love wrote:Ok, let me start by saying that I realize that Desire is a c/o resort, and that nudity is not required. I acknowledge that it is everybody’s right to wear a swimsuit at Desire. That being said, I will offer my opinion that it really annoys me when people come to Desire and keep their suits on. There are enough textile resorts around, why would you go to a c/o resort and keep your suits on? The only explanation that I could think of before today is that you want to look at nude people but are too shy or too embarrassed to be nude yourself. For me, neither explanation is acceptable. My thinking is you either go nude yourself or you don’t go to a c/o resort.

Bruce&Pam wrote:I get it that people are different, but I have to say I totally agree with you about this. I acknowledge that I may be wrong, but that is exactly how I feel, and I figure if I feel that way, there are probably a lot of others that feel the same way about it.
---Bruce

Gotta respectfully disagree. We’re naked whenever we get the chance, but we like choice a whole lot. People carry a bunch of judgments they’ve been brought up with, and if it takes them a trip or two to decide their comfort level I want to support them dipping their toes in the water. Not everybody’s a jump right in sort of person.
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday on Kasidie and sls
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby WellyFla2020 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:18 am

SecretSmileToday wrote:
D&G-in-love wrote:Ok, let me start by saying that I realize that Desire is a c/o resort, and that nudity is not required. I acknowledge that it is everybody’s right to wear a swimsuit at Desire. That being said, I will offer my opinion that it really annoys me when people come to Desire and keep their suits on. There are enough textile resorts around, why would you go to a c/o resort and keep your suits on? The only explanation that I could think of before today is that you want to look at nude people but are too shy or too embarrassed to be nude yourself. For me, neither explanation is acceptable. My thinking is you either go nude yourself or you don’t go to a c/o resort.

---Bruce

Gotta respectfully disagree. We’re naked whenever we get the chance, but we like choice a whole lot. People carry a bunch of judgments they’ve been brought up with, and if it takes them a trip or two to decide their comfort level I want to support them dipping their toes in the water. Not everybody’s a jump right in sort of person.

Perhaps, but there are other venues to explore with less infiltration of a clearly Nude environment with majority being nude and in some cases later on in the day, sexually involved either as a couple or more as it might be. In some cases, not all, the perception from those of us that are naked, is one of judgement, which is why D&G seems rather irritated at those who come and stay clothed in a clothing optional environment. Some women I've seen wear a bottom, but are topless. That level of comfort seems acceptable socially. The HotTub is another story. The hidden message is you should be naked. Sexual interaction is optional. It's another level of social more.

I do realize that people carry baggage, but if there's something in your head concerning your body acceptance, perhaps the Hilton Cancun is more your level not Desire?
Desire Pearl Sept 9-13, 20; June 16-20, '21
Florida Nude Beach: Blind Creek (Stuart)
SDC: BICPLFLA2014
WellyFla2020
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 09 Sep 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby ILikefun » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:36 pm

I am seeing that our post is still driving conversation a year later. Since our last post on this thread well over a year ago we have gone back to desire rm twice. I still firmly stand by that getting naked is a choice that should not be judged. It’s funny the people who judge about nudity are normally the first to judge about LS stuff. The fact that someone on this thread says if you don’t want to get naked there is probably something wrong with your junk? Are you f**king kidding me? Who is the gawker? Why are you staring at peoples “junk”.

In our last two trips we have embraced the nudity, and I guarantee there are many people on this forum who have partied with us at Desire and can tell you we take the resort up a notch when we are there. That said, no nudist asshole is going to make us feel like we have to be naked. We choose to be naked around the people we are comfortable with, not as something to stare at.
SDC: BootyandtheBeard
Kasidie: Bootyandthabeard
ILikefun
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby pearl042020 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:41 am

Just a general question from a newbie couple anticipating our first trip. Are the majority of people nude throughout the whole resort, or just the water areas? Do you walk from your room nude or undress at the pool/beach?
pearl042020
Desire Fan

Postby tj71903 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:15 am

cfsax_ny wrote:Just a general question from a newbie couple anticipating our first trip. Are the majority of people nude throughout the whole resort, or just the water areas? Do you walk from your room nude or undress at the pool/beach?

At the pool it's mostly nude. Some wear bottoms only (this is because you quickly learn the sun likes untanned skin). Very rare to see ladies in full suits. The hot tub is almost fully nude.

Around the resort - walking on paths to and from spa, restaurants, etc - most wear a cover up of some variety. It's not a nudist colony in that sense. Clothes of some variety at dinner/etc.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby Me&Princess » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:40 am

tj71903 wrote:
cfsax_ny wrote:Just a general question from a newbie couple anticipating our first trip. Are the majority of people nude throughout the whole resort, or just the water areas? Do you walk from your room nude or undress at the pool/beach?

At the pool it's mostly nude. Some wear bottoms only (this is because you quickly learn the sun likes untanned skin). Very rare to see ladies in full suits. The hot tub is almost fully nude.

Around the resort - walking on paths to and from spa, restaurants, etc - most wear a cover up of some variety. It's not a nudist colony in that sense. Clothes of some variety at dinner/etc.

We've been to Desire at least twice a year for the last 4 years. I agree with much of what is said here, but it varies tremendously week by week and person by person. Definitely mostly nude by the pool and hot tub. But there are also plenty of us who do treat it like a "nudist colony" and walk around that way whenever we don't have to cover up in the restaurants. The great thing about Desire is that, with very rare exceptions, everyone just kind of lets you do you.
Me&Princess
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 27 Dec 2019

Postby WellyFla2020 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:06 am

We were nude from the first step out of the room down to the pool/beach. We brought shorts/Tshirt to breakfast restaurant and also for lunch.

we went so we didn't need to wear clothes.

YMMV

Clothing is just so....confining.
Desire Pearl Sept 9-13, 20; June 16-20, '21
Florida Nude Beach: Blind Creek (Stuart)
SDC: BICPLFLA2014
WellyFla2020
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 09 Sep 2020

Postby Bruce&Pam » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:26 pm

WellyFla2020 wrote:

We were nude from the first step out of the room down to the pool/beach. We brought shorts/Tshirt to breakfast restaurant and also for lunch.

we went so we didn't need to wear clothes.

YMMV

Clothing is just so....confining.

That's exactly why we go. We stay up late and rise late, so I'll go meet the pool guy wearing a pair of shorts with my sandals and T-shirt in a beach bag. I need the shorts for it's pockets. Once I give him his $5 tip for setting me up on the beach, the shorts come off until lunch. Pam will meet me at our beach bed shortly before lunch. (She takes a little longer to get going.) After lunch, we aren't wearing anything around the grounds, until we leave our room for dinner. Normally, it's dinner, then change for the lobby/disco show. For the disco, sometimes Pam wears just a slit skirt with a chain top. Practically topless. After we leave the disco, we remove any remaining clothing in the room and head nude to the hot tub. Some folks come to the hot tub in their disco outfit and drop them there.

They frown on you going nude in the main lobby, but when we're staying at the Mansion, I have no problem walking totally nude through the side entrance, across the restaurant, over the footbridge, into the elevator and on to our room or the playroom. I have never had anyone say a critical word to me. Total freedom!

---Bruce
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Postby shrimp1992 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:40 pm

WellyFla2020 wrote:
SecretSmileToday wrote:

---Bruce

Perhaps, but there are other venues to explore with less infiltration of a clearly Nude environment with majority being nude and in some cases later on in the day, sexually involved either as a couple or more as it might be. In some cases, not all, the perception from those of us that are naked, is one of judgement, which is why D&G seems rather irritated at those who come and stay clothed in a clothing optional environment. Some women I've seen wear a bottom, but are topless. That level of comfort seems acceptable socially. The HotTub is another story. The hidden message is you should be naked. Sexual interaction is optional. It's another level of social more.

I do realize that people carry baggage, but if there's something in your head concerning your body acceptance, perhaps the Hilton Cancun is more your level not Desire?

It’s clothing optional. Not nude required. We’ve never cared what anyone else was or was not doing, and we received the same respect in return. Thankfully everyone we have met has been very open to all people, whether they were nude or not, because judgement isn’t cool and it certainly isn’t attractive.
shrimp1992
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2018

Postby Epicure3 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 pm

The Ritz Carlton and Hilton are just down the road. Why choose a clothing optional swinger friendly resort when you're not interested? Food and amenities are better elsewhere. Also, that whole gawker thing is kinda creepy. You can always pick them out.
SDC: Epicure3
Epicure3
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Jan 2019

Postby TandD » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Epicure3 wrote:The Ritz Carlton and Hilton are just down the road. Why choose a clothing optional swinger friendly resort when you're not interested? Food and amenities are better elsewhere. Also, that whole gawker thing is kinda creepy. You can always pick them out.

I feel like this has been answered already but - what if you *are* interested but somewhat timid? What if you are not looking for better food and amenities but are looking to see what this is all about? Why is it so hard to empathize with people?

We've hung out with several couples where either one or the other keeps a suit on. It never even crossed my mind that they were "gawking" or being creepy. If anything, they probably feel out of place and feel like people are gawking at them.

Maybe I'm just not good looking enough to have had anyone gawk at me (positively?). I've certainly got reasons for someone to have gawked at me negatively but I'm to busy having fun with people that don't (or if they do, I can't tell) that I don't even think about it.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl