Probably last trip

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Probably last trip

Postby tikihutguy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Spot on as usual and worth way more than the 2 cents :D Bottom line for all is DRP and DRM are the best gatherings of friendly people going - with a little extra fun edge 8) :oops:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby srtr69 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:19 pm

We just got back and had a great time. This was our second visit and we had the opportunity to play every evening. We love it and will continue to go back. Great people in a great atmosphere. It is what you make it!
srtr69
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Jun 2019

Postby UsAndYou » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:10 am

After 10 trips to Pearl over the last 5 years I will add this (and it isn't a very original thought BTW!):

"Every trip has been a different experience."

Told ya' it wasn't going to be very original. :) But, as so many have said in so many previous posts, the vibe can vary dramatically based on the crowd that is there on any given week. We are a full swap lifestyle couple, and I would estimate that we have had a full swap experience about 1/3 of the time, some heavy flirting/soft swap another 1/3, and 1/3 it is just the two of us enjoying each other. BUT, 100% of the time we have a wonderful vacation! Never perfect, but always great!
UsAndYou
Desire Devotee

Postby animal hats » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:17 am

k
eddieandjojo wrote:Interesting how this topic comes up every so often and while I tell myself not to engage, I end up posting for those who are on the fence about visiting the resort. As far as I know, Desire has never billed itself as a Lifestyle resort. Is it lifestyle friendly, of course it is but just look on their official website and you'll see the following "Choose the intensity of your adult-only experience, to create the perfect stay, in a world where clothing is optional and fantasies are endless.  Bring your dreams to life in an atmosphere that is BEYOND SEDUCTION…"

While I don't need to say much else, I will end this post by saying it's an amazing place that hasn't changed much over the past 13 years since we've been going. It's ALL about who is their during your stay and how you approach your vacation. Lastly, if a lifestyle vacation is what you are after then simply contact one of many LS sites to see where the complete takeovers are planned. LL has a great party at RM every March.

Anyway, just my .02 cents, for what it's worth!

:L :L :L
animal hats
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Nov 2023

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:58 am

Any other lifestylers on here... please pm us with any thoughts on a new lifestyle place. Otherwise we will just go to clubs near home in the USA.

Other more lifestyle centric vacation possibilities...

Naughty in Nawlins, can't miss with that. If you can't find what you are looking for there it may not exist.

Hedo would be another possibility, I get the impression that it's a higher lifestyle percentage but don't have first hand experience although that will be changing at some point
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Orcowgirl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:00 pm

I don’t even know if I should say anything as we are new, to both, in relation to time. We started going to P and RM two years ago in October, but have been 5-6 x to each one (lost track). We booked because it was a “clothing optional” (doesn’t advertise LS) non judgmental (we do wonder why there are so many suits) like you are wondering why we came and are not LS. I don’t want to be judged for hot, kinky, public sex with just my hot hot man and I don’t judge the swim suite people. We are all there for different, hot reasons. Every time we have gone the ratio is about 60-65% non LS. April at RM this year was the highest LS ever at about 80% one weekend. A group of them had met before and planned the trip that weekend, the other weekend of our stay was the regular 65% non LS. We have a blast with the LS AND the suite people :lol:
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby Explorer79 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:39 pm

For what it's worth, taking into account the totality of their post, I didn't take any sense of judgment from VacationSwing (their name says exactly what they are into), rather they made the point that from their perspective "There used to be a higher lifestyle percentage" and that for them it has dropped such that they are considering not going anymore because for them it becomes less VacationSwing and more just Vacation. I don't understand the angst, whether or not the numbers are accurate, it's a valid position, and their numbers might actually be accurate for their visits. Seems like they are trying to have the type of trip they want to have, same as everyone else. I'm not actually sure who is judging whom here.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby Sun&Fun » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:16 pm

We have always had a great time. Next week will be our 6th trip, and there has always been a nice mix of LS, nudies, and the curious. Our first trip felt like there were tons of LS couples but that maybe due to that trip being our first for everything (C/O, LS, etc...).

Can't wait for next week. Even if there were no LS couples, we would still go. Love the friendly, fun, open, adult, party atmosphere. Never been to a resort where people actually want to talk and make friends. In a regular resort people are in their own private impenetrable bubble/ force field.

I wouldn't give up. Maybe plan a trip with more like minded couples or join a takeover. We go by the adage "there is always a way".
Sun&Fun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2022

Postby reachn » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 am

jandr2u wrote:Well, as a non-LS (before going to Desire), I'm disappointed to read this post. I'm sorry your trip wasn't a success, by whatever means you're measuring success.

It seems like there are a lot of people in the vanilla world who use Desire as a way to dip their toes in the LS pool, so to speak. For some, that progression will be very fast, for others, like us, it will take more than one trip to progress to wherever it is we're progressing to on this adventure together. I'd hope that the LS crowd at Desire would be patient with those of us who are newer and exploring. At least that's been our experience with 95% of the LS folks we've met both at the resort and at the few meet and greets we've been to.

For me, it's more important that the people at the resort are non-judgemental, open, fun, and sexy. They don't need to be swingers or naked all the time. Those seem to be requirements that get in the way of having fun (clearly). You be you, I'll be me and we'll be great together. My wife has no problem being naked, but REALLY loves wearing a bikini. So she wears bikinis that she couldn't wear anywhere else we go. Sexy AF. But I guess because she's not naked all the time, she's probably ruining someone else's time. That seems like their problem, not hers. Gotta love seeing her prance around in a tiny bikini and waiting for her to take it off.

Anyway, I think week to week has to be very different mix-wise and we should look at those that aren't quite comfortable getting naked or participating in LS activities yet as folks we can help bring along on whatever journey they're on. I wonder how many people the OP spoke to and found out why they weren't naked or found out where in their LS journey they were. That would provide more useful information I think.

:L :L :L :L :D :bj :) :o :D :L :L :L :L
reachn
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Oct 2017

Postby texascouple1208 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 am

I can see both sides of this. We had been to a LS club a few times and had two actual experiences before making our first trip to Desire RM. So, we were a bit beyond toe dipping, but still a little nervous. We've been five times now. We have always enjoyed our trips, but some have definitely had a more lifestyle crowd than others, and we would really enjoy going when the crowd was expected to be more lifestyle oriented.

I think going with a takeover is the simple answer, but there really are not that many that I can tell and few that work for our schedule. Perhaps we should try and organize our own. In any event, as far as I know the only times a more lifestyle crowd might be predictably expected are:
-Late March for the Lifestyle Lounge takeover at RM
-Early November for the Swingset Takes Desire at RM
-Mid November for the WeGottaThing takeover at Pearl
-Maybe the Ynots in early May?
-Maybe late February when Swinger Diaries is at RM

The "group" forums here are very quiet. Am I overlooking some?

A cruise is the other thing we are considering.

FWIW - Desire is not for everyone, and that may mean Desire is too much (swingers/nudity/sex/partying) or too little (where's the group sex?). On our very first trip, there was a couple in our chat group that had several years of lifestyle experience (it was also their first visit to Desire) and when we asked them how their trip was after the fact, they thought Desire was "lifestyle light" or something to that effect compared to what they were looking for. I do not think they have been back. I gathered they were looking for more play opportunities and a bit less of the social swinger scene, but that's my interpretation.

Cheers!
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby D&G-in-love » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:39 pm

ILikefun wrote:As a couple who just spent 4 nights at Desire RM in June we would like to input a little with some thoughts/experiences.

-My wife and I don't go fully nude, she goes topless, he wears very "clingy" shorts, but the privates will always be covered. Why? It leaves something for the imagination and we love to be asked to take off our pants. *devil smiley* Our level of clothing doesn't say anything about our sexual preferences.

Ok, let me start by saying that I realize that Desire is a c/o resort, and that nudity is not required. I acknowledge that it is everybody’s right to wear a swimsuit at Desire. That being said, I will offer my opinion that it really annoys me when people come to Desire and keep their suits on. There are enough textile resorts around, why would you go to a c/o resort and keep your suits on? The only explanation that I could think of before today is that you want to look at nude people but are too shy or too embarrassed to be nude yourself. For me, neither explanation is acceptable. My thinking is you either go nude yourself or you don’t go to a c/o resort.

Now, after reading the post I have quoted above, I see that there’s another possible explanation for why some people would go to a c/o resort but keep their suits on: they want attention. They want others to beg them to take their suits off. Really?? To seek attention like that seems a little immature to me (insert mental image of a child screeching “look at me, mommy, look at me!”). That’s definitely not the type of person/people I would care to be around, but that’s my personal preference.

For the record, if you are at Desire and you keep your swimsuit on for your entire stay, there are going to be people (myself included) that will believe that you’re either a gawker and/or pervert who is there to get an eyeful without exposing himself/herself, or your junk (male or female) is not fit to see the light of day.
D&G-in-love
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Aug 2018

Postby twosome » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:56 am

D&G
I agree 100 percent with you.
twosome
Desire Devotee

Postby TandD » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:23 am

D&G-in-love wrote:
ILikefun wrote:As a couple who just spent 4 nights at Desire RM in June we would like to input a little with some thoughts/experiences.

-My wife and I don't go fully nude, she goes topless, he wears very "clingy" shorts, but the privates will always be covered. Why? It leaves something for the imagination and we love to be asked to take off our pants. *devil smiley* Our level of clothing doesn't say anything about our sexual preferences.

Ok, let me start by saying that I realize that Desire is a c/o resort, and that nudity is not required. I acknowledge that it is everybody’s right to wear a swimsuit at Desire. That being said, I will offer my opinion that it really annoys me when people come to Desire and keep their suits on. There are enough textile resorts around, why would you go to a c/o resort and keep your suits on? The only explanation that I could think of before today is that you want to look at nude people but are too shy or too embarrassed to be nude yourself. For me, neither explanation is acceptable. My thinking is you either go nude yourself or you don’t go to a c/o resort.

Now, after reading the post I have quoted above, I see that there’s another possible explanation for why some people would go to a c/o resort but keep their suits on: they want attention. They want others to beg them to take their suits off. Really?? To seek attention like that seems a little immature to me (insert mental image of a child screeching “look at me, mommy, look at me!”). That’s definitely not the type of person/people I would care to be around, but that’s my personal preference.

For the record, if you are at Desire and you keep your swimsuit on for your entire stay, there are going to be people (myself included) that will believe that you’re either a gawker and/or pervert who is there to get an eyeful without exposing himself/herself, or your junk (male or female) is not fit to see the light of day.

I struggle to understand why people care so much about what other people wear or don't.

Firstly, I really don't think people who don't take off their suits are there to gawk at the nudies. And even if they were, what difference does it make? There are plenty of other people who are clothed there that can be just as guilty of gawking at the nudies. I would think that the workers - fully clothed and all - would be much more likely to be there for the purpose of gawking. In our morning trip to the pool, my wife is topless with a micro thong and we walk by 2 or 3 guys tending the grounds. They look, we smile and say "Hola". Do they gawk? Yep - discreetly. World does not end.

I suspect it much more probable that the people with suits on 1) just plain like the idea of going to a sexy resort and/or 2) *want* to get naked to some degree but just can't quite pull the trigger (yet?) and/or 3) have some reason - physical or mental - that prevents them from going that last step. They've done the first big step - they've gone to the "sex resort" - and they are experiencing it like they want, to to get out of it what they want. Maybe next trip they will be naked. Maybe the day after I left, they said 'f**k it' and broke a bed by the hot tub. Doesn't have anything to do with me nor affect my enjoyment of the resort.

I feel like this concern about people not getting naked is more about a fear that the feel of the resort might be changing to a more vanilla flavor. I've only got my own 8 trips to measure this by but I really don't see this happening.

We are all influenced by our own experiences and, as I mentioned in another post, the best way to really see if the suits-to-not ratio is changing is to ask the staff. I'll try to remember to do this on my next trip but I have my guess on what the answer will be.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby curiousexotic » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:44 am

A lot of judgements being made in this post. Judging for wearing a suite is the same as judging for not being 5% body fat. Very interesting thoughts here.
Of course all are allowed to have an opinion, or are we?
curiousexotic
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby ILikefun » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:57 pm

D&G-in-love wrote:

Thank you for your feedback but you couldn't be further from the truth. We went to Desire not because it is clothing optional but because it is lifestyle friendly. We were not "gawkers", in fact that would suggest we are somehow inferior and need to look at other people and that could not be further from the truth. Do we want attention? Nope, we made our own attention by going around and TALKING to everyone at the resort. Crazy how that works, there was not a day that we didn't meet 5 new couples and chat them up, not a dinner that we sat alone, not a lunch that we didn't invite people to our table. Hard to want attention when you are the ones making friends with everyone.

Now I didn't mean to imply that we were never naked, but a reminder to several people on this board, DESIRE ISN'T A NUDIST RESORT! It is what you make it! Did we get naked in public? Absolutely, out on the beds on the beach, in the Villa pool where lots of people got shows as they walked by ;) but that doesn't mean we should be shamed for keeping our bottoms on in the pool. And to be honest about 40% of the pool crowd kept their bottoms on, and it is ok, they aren't perverts, or gawkers, or attention whores, or whatever sick thing you come up with in your head, they are just people. :)
SDC: BootyandtheBeard
Kasidie: Bootyandthabeard
ILikefun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl