First Timers Report 8/10/19 WOW!!!

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First Timers Report 8/10/19 WOW!!!

Postby Thrill Seekers » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:04 am

First Timers Trip Report Pearl 8/10/19
I wrote this report 1 week after getting home but never posted it.

I have read a lot of reviews and said mine would be shorter and to the point, but after experiencing Pearl I don’t know if that is possible. We were at Pearl from August 10 - 17, 2019. This will not be a day by day review but more an event by event review.

To start let me say that all the discussions on the forum and trip advisor helped to prepare us for what to expect. We are newbies to clothing optional and life-style optional resorts. So thanks to everyone who posted comments or reviews.

Our transport to the resort and checkin process was smooth, friendly, and relatively quick. We were bribed at check in to do the membership sales pitch meeting. We passed on their first offer and held out for the erotic masage, more on that later. The salesman understood we already owned a timeshare and was not pushy at all. However, it still took 1.5 hours, but it was worth it for the free erotic massage.

Our room was the lowest level, ocean view. It was very nice, super clean, with a comfortable mattress. You spend so little time in your room so why spend extra for the higher level rooms. The only negative on the room is that it has weird furniture with very few drawers for clothes, but it is beautiful. Because we booked through RCI our room came with a butler, which is really more of a concierge. Our butler was Gerry. He helped us book dinner reservations every day, but his biggest contribution was spending 20 minutes with us in our room right after checking in. He explained everything going on and really put us, my wife especially, at ease.

We went right out to the pool after checking in. We both wore mesh see through bathing suits the first afternoon. The pool is quiet with 6 to 10 couples in the morning until around 1pm when people really start to show up. The foam party is Saturday afternoon so it happened right after we got there. The pool at Pearl is big, so if you want to be in the foam there is plenty of it, but if its too much for you, you can go to the other end of the pool and be out of the foam but still part of the party. Day two and beyond we never had clothes on except for eating and the disco/theme party.

The pool is elongated and split in two. The bigger side has the bar and all the action. The smaller side is the quiet side and has a built in shelf six inches under water for laying in the water and sunning. The action side has lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas, the quiet side has some lounge chairs and pool beds, which are very nice. Victor at the pool will help you pick the right spot and reserve your spot for the duration of your stay. So you never have to worry about finding a suitable pair or chairs. Every day when you come out he has clean towels laid out on your chair and puts up your umbrella when needed.

The food is excellent. There are three restaurants, Pearl, Suki, and Aphrodite. Pearl and Suki are five star food and service. You need reservations, and men need pants. Aphrodite is where you eat buffet style breakfast and lunch. Dinner is menu not buffet and is more casual than the other two. The food at all three restaurants is excellent, however the menus are limited. That being said, both Aphrodite and Pearl have a chef named Marco that go above and beyond what you would normally expect from an all inclusive resort. Both chefs made special appetizers and meals that were not on the menu to accommodate us, we are both picky eaters. The food and service was awesome.

The theme nights are fun. Most of the women participate, less than half of the men do. Everyone should, it is a lot of fun. One of the few negatives is the music they play at the disco after the nightly show. The music is all over the place.I watched the dance floor go from packed to empty so many times. It would be nice if they could consistently play descent dance music. As for the costumes men and women wore, they ranged from sexy to barely there. So have fun with it.

I told you I would get back to the erotic massage. The spa is overpriced but the service is out of this world! Our massage was free for sitting in on the sales pitch. The erotic massage starts out like your typical couples massage, but it is FULL body. From there is gets more in depth if you know what I mean. I will not give out all the details, but I guarantee in the END you’ll be HAPPY! If either of you are uncomfortable with the idea of full body massage go with two female masseuses. My wife went back and forth with it and in the end she was glad she picked a female masseuse.

The only time we left the resort was to go scuba diving. There is a dive shack located near the quiet end of the pool and the dive boat is at the end of the dock. It couldn’t be more convenient and Caesar helped us pick the perfect two tank dive. They only take a maximum of four people with one guide. They carried all the equipment, and put you right at ease. Our guide Alejandra was great. She helped my wife, who is always nervous at first, relax and enjoy the dive.

My wife and I share the same birthday. When we left the pool to take a nap before dinner our bed had happy birthday and a picture of a cake on it all made out of rose petals and ferns. All the staff seemed to be aware of it throughout the day giving us hugs. Dinner was at Suki where they sang to us and we each got a cake plate with happy birthday written in chocolate and chilled on the plate. When we went back to our room to change for the theme night there was another display on our bed. This time it was two swans made out of towels with a red heart pillow. Next to the bed was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

Now to the other guests. My wife and I have never been to a resort like this. We were trying to interact with other guests but struggled at first. We were used to keeping to ourselves on vacation, and being dressed. Once we interacted with a few guests it got easier and easier to just let go and have fun. One guest in particular, I called her the Mayor of Pearl, really went out of her way to make everyone feel comfortable She seemed to know everyone, and how to put you at ease. Once you relax you can’t help but have fun.
The week we were there there were a few couples in their thirties, a few in their late sixties maybe seventy, while most were in their fifties. The majority were 45 to 60. The body types ranged from a few super hot to the majority which were super average, and a few who were just plain comfortable with who they are. I honestly thought I would be more interested in observing some hot bodies, but you get over that quickly. Then you get more and more into your partner.

As for worrying about the life-style people, it’s not an issue. I read several reviews where people said, No means No and people follow it. Life-stylers are friendly with everyone. When talking with them they can tell whether or not you’re interested, and if your not it never even comes up so you never have to say no or not interested, they already get it.

However, if you are interested in a little public play or playing with others there are plenty of opportunities for that. There is some heavy petting and playing that goes on in the pool area. For more action you need to go to the hot tub area. The hot tub is big with a bar in it and ten beds around it. You can sit and watch others play, play by yourselves, or with others. This is an area where anything and everything goes. All I can say is that we used this area more than a few times.

Two big recommendations, first use plenty of 50+ SPF sunblock, and second make sure to communicate with your partner. Talk about boundaries before you go and keep the two way communication going throughout your trip.

Long story short, and yes I know this review is long, the staff and other guests make this place unbelievable. It is the best non-family vacation ever! We will be back as soon and often as possible.
:US :bj
Pearl - 8/19
Pearl - 7/21
Pearl - 8/22
RM - 8/22
PM us to connect
SLS & Kik - ThrillSeekers19
Thrill Seekers
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 08 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: First Timers Report 8/10/19 WOW!!!

Postby Sunbums2016 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:41 am

Great report! Thanks for sharing your experience! 8)
KIK: sunbums2016
Sunbums2016
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Mar 2021

Postby SecretSmileToday » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this! Just remembering Gerry, Cesar, and Alejandra put smiles on our faces. To repeat another forum theme that we just didn’t quite understand until we got there, it’s the people- not just the guests but the staff too- we make Desire so magical for us.
Pearl 12/22
Pearl 3/21
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 6/18
SecretSmileToday on Kasidie and sls
SecretSmileToday
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby brks » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Awesome first timers report! You captured all the details really well. It always feels great to relive those amazing memories, thank you for that!
brks
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2020

Postby CoupleIn50s » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:12 pm

Thank you for that great review. This really helps me feel more at ease at being a newbie planning on going. While we are already used to being nude around others, this review seemed to fit us.
CoupleIn50s
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 0-2023

Postby BosCouple36 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:52 pm

We were there the 12th to 20th so maybe we crossed paths - all we have to say is oh my god! It was our second trip and we didn’t think it could be any better than our first but boy were we wrong! This visit blew that one out of the water!! The people were amazing and we made so many connections. Every night the disco was slammed and there was a lot of sexy dancing going on - my wife always being in the middle of it which was fun to watch. It is amazing how great the guests are and they can really take your trip to the next level!! The ladies also did excellent work on the lingerie, glow night, rocker/movie star and fetish theme nights - some really sexy costumes this year. We can’t wait to head back next year!
BosCouple36
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 12 Aug 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl