Trip Report 11/30 to 12/05/20

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report 11/30 to 12/05/20

Postby Vacationlover » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:20 am

My wife and I just returned from Pearl, so I figured we should pay it forward with a short report. We have been to Desire properties around 15 times, had to cancel our April trip and were hesitant about going during Covid. Normally we go 7 plus days, but erred on the side of caution and did a short 5 day trip. Two weeks prior we took plenty of vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D. We also both tested negative for Covid the week prior to departure.

The pre-screening process upon arrival was similar what others have described, temp check, foot pad, not sure what they did to our bags. Once inside masks for guests are fairly non-existent, we did see maybe two couples using them during our stay. Employees are all wearing masks and eye protection. We also observed staff cleaning tables with spray between uses and hand sanitizer everywhere.

Initially, we decided we would not go to the gym on this trip, normally we go every morning. Once we learned that it was limited to four people by appointment, masks required and sanitizing agents were available, we went one morning after reserving time. While working out, two other couples came with no masks and jumped on the treadmills. There is a huge sign prior to entering with the rules. While we made the choice who we want to be close to on the grounds, pool and hot tub, the fact that others didn't care in a smaller confined space was not cool. We choose to avoid the gym after that. During our stay we had selected limited play and went to the hot tub each day.

Toward the end of trip and travel home, my wife and I experienced minor sore throats for 24-48 hours, not sure exactly the cause, no other issues. We will be donating blood in January with the Red Cross which checks for Covid antibodies, will report back on results. We are now quarantining 14 days as planned.

The only negative on our trip was the spa, they screwed up our reservation and the prices seem to be crazy, $288 USD for two 50 minute massages is overpriced. The spa people come around the pool every day looking for business, they should lower the prices. It used to be much cheaper.
Vacationlover
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 May 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Trip Report 11/30 to 12/05/20

Postby Beach girl » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:16 pm

We just returned and for what it’s worth we negotiated a 10% discount and paid $356 usd plus tip for two 80 minute relaxing massages. They have several different massage options, but generally I must agree their prices for their services are a little high. The salon is always empty, I’m assuming due to their pricing. Anyone wanting to walk about a half mile towards Puerto Morales there are tents on the beach where a 50 minute massage is $45 if memory serves me correctly. Drawback is when you’re finished you have to get dressed and walk back.
Beach girl
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Trip Report 11/30 to 12/05/20

Postby Vacationlover » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:50 am

Test results back for both of us, no covid antibodies, so I guess the immune boosting supplements did their job!
Vacationlover
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 21 May 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl