Visiting Pearl for the third time Dec 2-6, 2020

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Visiting Pearl for the third time Dec 2-6, 2020

Postby tj71903 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:21 pm

We spent four nights (Dec 2-6) at Pearl in what was supposed to be our final trip to the resort of the year. However, between our last visit in September and this most recent venture, the world has continued to undergo various changes in protocols, etc and due to another cancellation we knew we would actually be back within a few weeks.

That knowledge sort of colored how we approached this trip on a number of levels, but overall here's a brief summary of what it's like at Pearl for the time being...

We weren't overly concerned with traveling to and from the resort. We wore masks, kept our distance, used hand sanitizer, and similar. The flight to CUN appeared to be full and we were thankful to be as isolated as possible. The airport wasn't too bad and we found it easy on both ends to find a place to get away from what little crowds there were.

Our transportation service (Luxe Transport) met us outside of Terminal 3 and quickly grabbed our [carry on] bags and helped us to the car. Before loading they made a show of sanitizing the luggage and handing us sanitizer before we hopped in and headed off. Drive was uneventful and we were able to catch up on the email build up that had occurred while traveling.

Arrival at Desire was the usual smooth process. Met at the door by a masked porter, we had our temperature taken, bags checked in, and then filled out the survey on the iPad. Next it was off to the Mansion for check-in with Axel who asked about the room preference and location. A few quick key strokes and he had us assigned and we were off to freshen up.

Around the resort there may have been one or two couples wearing a mask here and there, but overall it wasn't done. We noticed two distinct strategies around the pool throughout the resort at large - those who made a show of social distancing to some degree, and then those who were doing the exact opposite. We chose the former though we were able to hold a number of conversations, etc within the 5-6 foot range with no problems or feelings of worry.

Unfortunately the weather didn't really cooperate for the next two and a half days as it alternated between rain, wind, and wind and rain. No point to be at the pool and so we were somewhat confined to the room prior to dinner. To break the boredom we hit the spa one morning and then a couple of photo shoots with Jahel of Provoke Photography.

The spa was fun as always. We did the couples bondage massage and had fun with it. Good news is they've fixed the jacuzzi in the locker room as well as the showers and steam room. All in all a nice way to blow off a couple of hours of rain.

Similarly, the photo shoot was fun. Wife had hair and makeup done for both and then we spent the better half of two hours taking pics all over the resort from the mansion to the beach and points in between. The shoot was a lot of fun and provided the wife ample opportunities for wardrobe changes, differing poses, and similar. Each of the two shoots was well thought out and executed by J and we had a ton of fun with them. The results were terrific as well and we now have a lot of digitals and some books that will live in the safe at home (most likely) in perpetuity...though we've had a hard time not reviewing them since we got home.

Other rainy day activities - outside of the obvious - included scrabble, corn hole, and cards with the playmakers at the lobby. A nice low key couple of hours spread out over the course of the time.

Fortunately by Friday afternoon the clouds broke a bit and the last two hours of the day were very nice as was the entire day Saturday which meant the foam party, etc. Again, we made an effort to enjoy each other while also keeping our distance as much as possible. Foam quantity has increased and we had a good time navigating our way through maze of bubbles.

Meals were as always very good. We keep telling the administration that it's the best quality all-inclusive food we've experiences so far. That may be somewhat of a qualifier, but it's not a bunch of heat lamp warmed junk that we've seen in other resorts. Favorite remains Suki. Pearl's menu is fine. Breakfast buffet remains point and serve (i.e. staff pulls the food for you) and is a nice way to start the day. Lunch - if we ate it - was something at the pool brought by the wait staff.

We visited the hot tub each night and stayed until 2 a few times. Just chatting with friends. A couple of intermittent trips to the beds to watch the stars and stuff. We found the hot tub to be at near capacity around 5 PM then dead until the night life started. Picked up slowly to about 1/3 capacity around midnight or so.

Disco was fun. New acts and new shows from September. They had a couple do some crazy stuff on roller skates one night. Sort of a mini-Cirque du Soleil quality to it (limited by the space). Live band was the same from September and did some new sets. Singer and guitar player are pretty good. Maybe 5-6 couples joined the playmakers in getting up and dancing. The rest chatted throughout. Once the disco opened there was another show and then the usual barrage of music. We enjoyed it. Wife danced and I - having no rhythm or inclination to confirm this - generally hung out as a wallflower. Disco would generally clear out within an hour and a half or so.

The only drag was the seeming in ability of some of my fellow y chromosome brethren. We had a handful of occasions where the wife would be chatting with another lady and then the husband/boyfriend would show up and grace the scene with things like "hey, ya'll should make out" or I'd get a nudge and hear "hey, do you think they're negotiating?". Yes, they met 10 seconds ago and are talking about housewares, but I'm sure they conversation has automatically gone from dishtowels to hooking up. Seriously, read the situation. No harm, no foul, just kind of a buzzkill. But to each their own.

Overall it was a lot of fun and, as I've said on our previous reviews, we remained entertained by visiting Desire and are looking forward to returning.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Re: Visiting Pearl for the third time Dec 2-6, 2020

Postby T12 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:44 pm

Nice report. Loved the buzzkill humor at the end. :L
Pearl
MAR. ‘19
JUL ‘19
JAN ‘20
JUL ‘21
JUL ‘22
JUL. ‘23
MAR . ‘24
T12
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2024

Postby deeppurple » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:46 pm

We ended up going Thanksgiving weekend. Decided Tuesday and arrived Thursday.
We had the Granddaughter birthday party on the 6th
Looks like you had a great time
J&B
deeppurple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2022

Postby tj71903 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:39 am

deeppurple wrote:We ended up going Thanksgiving weekend. Decided Tuesday and arrived Thursday.
We had the Granddaughter birthday party on the 6th
Looks like you had a great time
J&B

Sounds like fun. The accessibility has been really nice so far. Each time we go we see people who were there the last time. We will be back in Feb as well.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby deeppurple » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:23 am

Forgot to mention that we also picked up “19” on the trip also.
Not sure how, when or where but we both ended up with it.
deeppurple
Desire Lover

Postby tj71903 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Yikes. Hope you guys are feeling better now. Let us know if you’re heading back in the future.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby WellyFla2020 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:27 am

You know, the wife and I always use kitchen wares as a lead in toward hooking up with another couple. I have no idea why it never works, but we'll keep at it and let you know!
:lol:
Desire Pearl Sept 9-13, 20; June 16-20, '21
Florida Nude Beach: Blind Creek (Stuart)
SDC: BICPLFLA2014
WellyFla2020
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 09 Sep 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby tj71903 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:02 am

WellyFla2020 wrote:You know, the wife and I always use kitchen wares as a lead in toward hooking up with another couple. I have no idea why it never works, but we'll keep at it and let you know!
:lol:

This explains why she gets so worked up when we go into Williams Sonoma or similar I guess?
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby Vixen and Him » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Guys I would actually like to hear more about kitchen ware ! :-)
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby tj71903 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 pm

toledocpl wrote:Guys I would actually like to hear more about kitchen ware ! :-)

I mean, it was pretty engaging. Something about holiday china, table runners, and so on. I could barely contain myself.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby Vixen and Him » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:16 pm

tj71903 wrote:
toledocpl wrote:Guys I would actually like to hear more about kitchen ware ! :-)

I mean, it was pretty engaging. Something about holiday china, table runners, and so on. I could barely contain myself.

Lol thanks for the laugh
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby deeppurple » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:55 pm

We rented a house in Ft Myers for 3 weeks. So we’ll miss u guys this trip. 1st time in 10 years were not there between Christmas and New Years. If u see a guy in a ball cap drinking a lot of beer. Say hi to AC for me. Ac and wife Michelle are Awesome people. Enjoy
J&B
deeppurple
Desire Lover

Postby tj71903 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:10 pm

We will be back for sure for Valentines. Then again for the 4th as well. Maybe a weekend pop down in between.

First trip where - in theory - the phone won’t be blowing up which will be a nice change. We’re looking forward to it.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl