Trip Report: March 25-29, 2021

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report: March 25-29, 2021

Postby tj71903 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:36 pm

I can't remember if this is our fifth or sixth trip off the top of my head, but it is definitely the second of this year (so far). What started as an experiment in July of last year has become somewhat of an obsession/hobby for us. We're far from experts, but what we lack in knowledge we make up for in enthusiasm in visiting Pearl. This latest down and back jaunt was the byproduct of scheduling a trip in April and then finding a deal in March too (a strategy that's kind of snowballed for 2021, but whatever). As always we tried new things, went back with what worked and had a generally wonderful time which leads us to the next countdown.

TRAVEL

Last time we attempted to book the VIP arrival package which would allow us to move through customs quickly. Due to a clerical error that servce didn't happen. After some conversations with their admin we decided to try it against this time - primarily because we arrived a bit later in the day and wanted to get to the resort as quickly as possible.

After a flawless performance, we'll definitely consider it in the future. Our plane from ATL was delayed a bit and arrived with a few other planes it appeared. We were met outside the jet bridge and walked past the lines, through the middle of the customs hall, and straight to the customs official who stamped us in and then walked to the motor pool where the various transport services were waiting.

Total elapsed time: 10 minutes (more/less). Terrific advantage and while we probably saved no more than an hour, it was worth it for us. As a late Thursday arrival meant losing most of a day...and we didn't want to lose anything else so we tried it.

Outside of the customs acceleration, travel was pretty uneventful. USA Transfer was there when we arrived and got us to the resort safe, sound, and mostly on time. On the return they were at the resort 10 minutes early and got us to the airport in more then enough time to get to the gate after grabbing breakfast. That's how a transport experience should work.

Prior to departure we did the COVID test/protocol required. In and out in 20 minutes with negative tests (full disclosure we've had the first vaccine and are waiting the second and we tested before we left just in case of a false positive). No problems and smooth sailing throughout. You go to Room 31 and provide the information (if you've done it before you're already in the system) and then get your brain poked. After that they read the test and tell you before you walk out and back to the fun.

ROOM - MANSION FIRST TIME

This was our first time staying in the Mansion (Room 94) and we had mixed feelings, though most of them were positive.

Check in was pretty much the same as every other trip (we've been checking in at the Mansion for the last few trips). Nothing too different in the mechanics of it other than it's less of a walk to get to the room.

The room itself is nice. More modern than the more traditional Latin American theme of the main rooms. Lots of marble and hard surfaces. The bedroom is pretty modern with light and climate controlled via a control panel near the bed. You can set mood, temp, and even room service/do not disturb from here that will illuminate a sign outside of your door. Bathroom is beautifully done with a large rain shower, separate water closet, big double vanity and large closet inserts. The balcony has a hot tub that's big enough for four people and we used it once in four nights. Water was and stayed hot, bubbles were nice and the bottom is textured in case you're inclined to be standing in some form or fashion around 2 AM. The obvious drawback of the room(s) is that there's virtually no view. You look at the other buildings and the Mansion courtyard. That's it. No beach, no ocean, etc. If that's important to you, then look elsewhere.

Despite the lack of optics from your balcony, there's other perks. For instance the playroom in the Mansion is far, far better than the disco. Additionally, the Mansion restaurant allows you to order pretty much anything you want - even off menu item/dishes (we had lobster, steaks, and an apple cinnamon creation) - and is more intimate in that there's only a few tables. We enjoyed that.

And, as noted, the Mansion courtyard has a large hot tub that's private, hot, and functional at all times. We appreciated that during times when the rest of the resort got crowded or otherwise outside of our comfort zone - or when we just wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle. It wasn't often, but having the option was valuable to us. Downside was the two couples who decided to pass out and snore in the courtyard one night from around 9 until 1 or so. Kind of ruined the appeal of the place, but it was a one time thing.

Overall, we have several more trips planned in 2021 and I think half of them are in the Mansion. We'll have the ability to continue to compare and contrast but as of this moment we did enjoy the experience and would probably rank it just behind the Penthouse Suites primarily because of the view of the latter.

GENERAL STAY OBSERVATIONS

- The resort was around 90 percent capacity over the weekend. And you could feel it at times. The pool chairs were pretty crowded in spots, the hot tub was packed three of the four nights, and the amenities in general were far more in demand. Great for the resort and the staff and, to their credit, even with more bodies, we didn't see or feel any sort of lag in service or availability of things we wanted to do or experience.

- We did two spa days. One was the bondage massage, the other was a deep tissue followed by pedicures (I'm not ashamed....to say that my wife insisted I do it with her and I was not a position to cross her). The bondage was fun, she had Itza and I had Elodia (two females by her request) and it was very different from the ones we've done in the past. We'll do it again. With those two. I can go into great detail on this, but long and short this was our 4th or 5th time trying this and we've had several different pairings...and she much prefers this pairing.

The deep tissue on the next day was good but also PAINFUL. Same pairing (Itza and Elodia) and as gentle and sensual as they are in the bondage/erotic setting, they are POWERFUL (mean) in the deep tissue. It hurt. Good. After 50 minutes we were both exhausted and very aware that we apparently had knots in and around our shoulders. After that we went straight to the pedicures and, they were fine. I'm still manly. Both statements are unrelated, no, really.

- Theme nights were fun. We did Neon/Glow, Bunny Night, Tropical Night, and Schoolgirl Night. Bands and DJs were good. Disco was busy each night for varying times. We usually stayed for around 90 minutes. Red room was generally pretty quiet most nights though a few couples in and out (pun intended) throughout the evenings. Best show was Yuni's pole dancing and the Latin night dancing performance.

- Activities during the days were subdued, but fun. We played volleyball, pool volleyball, water polo, and then tried the dart tournament which was interesting. We saw them setting up and were thinking "sure, why not". Next thing we know we're up there throwing darts with three other couples for a prize. I figure this is just like the dance step classes, etc. Nope. Round one is throwing darts as a couple. Then round 2 - at which point you are already committed and in the completion - they tell you to get on your knees and 'distract' your partner as they throw darts. Round 3 is more of the same. Honestly, it's a big disconcerting when you are already a pretty bad dart player and you're in front of the entirety of the resort and you're being distracted by your wife who appears to be enjoying her ability to exploit your inability to focus and inaccurate throwing ability. Anyway, we finished third out of four teams and that's my fault as I was horrified on a number of fronts. Still, she had fun and so did I. Eventually.

- Beach was clean as was the water. They've got the seaweed barrier deployed and it seems to be working. Dock is still messed up, but supposedly is on the agenda to be fixed by the end of the year. Grounds were clean and constantly being worked on (fresh paint, repairing stucco, etc). Grounds were manicured.

- Crowd was older for the most part, which was fine. We met several neat couples and enjoyed chatting with them here and there when the opportunities presented themselves. Not a lot of contemporaries in the trips around the sun demographic, but we honestly didn't care. It's mentioned here solely for context.

Overall, another fun trip. We'll be back many times this year as we remain entertained which is always the test.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Re: Trip Report: March 25-29, 2021

Postby TandD » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:33 am

Great review. Thanks for posting it!
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby CJMT » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:13 am

Thanks for the great detailed report!
CJMT
Desire Fan

Postby K&C » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:14 am

Great detail... thanks for the info. Where do you sign up for the "Speed through Customs" feature and how much is it?
SLS: 2HavinFun2
We'll be at Desire RM 9/29-10/6/18... can't wait!
K&C

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jul 1917
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby ContentTwo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:13 pm

tj71903 wrote:
- Crowd was older for the most part, ...

Would you mind elaborating on this point? I’ve noticed your recurring visits / reviews over the past year. What would you estimate the age range for this most recent trip? What were the age ranges for your previous trips? Perhaps “range” isn’t the best term...I’m curious about the age range for the middle of the bell curve.
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

Postby tj71903 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:26 pm

K&C wrote:Great detail... thanks for the info. Where do you sign up for the "Speed through Customs" feature and how much is it?

USVIP Services
Office: 1(800)980-8738
info@usvipservices.com

I think it was 250 or so.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby tj71903 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:32 pm

ContentTwo wrote:
tj71903 wrote:
- Crowd was older for the most part, ...

Would you mind elaborating on this point? I’ve noticed your recurring visits / reviews over the past year. What would you estimate the age range for this most recent trip? What were the age ranges for your previous trips? Perhaps “range” isn’t the best term...I’m curious about the age range for the middle of the bell curve.

This trip I’d say the top of the bell curve was late 50s. On our last night there I think there may have been 3-4 couples 40 and below. In past experiences I’d say the top of the bell curve would have been mid to late 40s. A lot of people we spoke to were just now traveling whereas we’ve been doing it since last July without much issue (and loving the supply and demand effect on prices and availability....did several status runs on Delta for just this reason). That reasoning makes sense given the doom and gloom spewed forth over the last however many months.

We will see what the end of the month brings. Found out two of our reservations are during takeovers which will be a first for us. We don’t really plan these around anything other than flight and home responsibility availabilities.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby Houston_Couple » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:40 pm

Thank you for the excellent report. Been wondering about the mansion.
Houston_Couple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 23 May 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl