Pearl Trip Report May 28-June 2, 2021

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Pearl Trip Report May 28-June 2, 2021

Postby tj71903 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Following some fun in April we decided that May's trip would need an extra night and given the holiday weekend we also said the hell with stealing a few hours at the office and took the early flights out and the late flights home.

All in all we ended up staying for five nights and with the travel arrangements we squeezed out some extra hours that were welcomed and gave us around six days. Usually we cap things around four nights, but not this time.

TRAVEL

Flew via Delta with a connection through Atlanta. Early departure from the home airport meant a 4 AM wake up call, but that's a small price to pay to escape the rat race. Connection in Atlanta was smooth after a few hours in the Sky Club. Then 2.5 hours down to Cancun.

Again, we utilized the VIP arrival service and were met at the end of the jet bridge by the rep. He guided us into the customs hall and past the full maze of travelers waiting for arrival stamps. In and out of the hall in 10 minutes with bags and to the curb to await USA Travel.

Prior to upping our membership we didn't utilize USA, instead preferring to go with Luxe Travel. But "free is free" or "included is included" (however you look at it). This time USA's rep was there, but the car wasn't ready. Ended up hanging around for 15-20 minutes with bags. Eventually the driver shows and we're on our way. The on the ground rep explained there was a larger party there waiting for a car (not sure how that's relevant, but is what it is).

Once in the car (Suburban LT if you're wondering), driver offers cold water or beer and then we set off for the resort. Uneventful drive once you're outside of the airport, and pleasant conversation with the driver.

The return was a bit of stress as pickup was 2.5 hours prior to flight departure, and driver was late due to his prior ride deciding that 4 people needing transport really meant 8. Not his fault, and he managed to get us to the airport in time.

Prior to departure we did the obligatory COVID brain poke at the resort and were able to upload the docs directly. Same with the departure form(s) required (Delta's attestation form and the Mexican customs forward that generates a QR code). No issues with either outside of the annoyance of having to get a test to come home even though we've been long vaccinated and have the cards. But that's another issue entirely and the resort does a great job in processing the results quickly to help their guests comply with the requirements.

Moving on.

ARRIVAL/ROOM CHANGE

We arrived shortly after lunch and were checked in after temperature checks and bag depositing with Alexis and his crew. Shuttled over to the Mansion to check in with Aline and Diego. Prior to arrival we got the usual email asking about any food allergies (nope), preferences (yes), and special requests (not really).

The only request I made was that I didn't want to be anywhere near the hot tub if possible. We visit every night (usually), and stay late, but when it's time to go to bed I don't want hear the noise if possible. As such any building (4-8) would be great.

Sadly, we were told we're in Building 1. That there's no other availability for the rest of the month (huh?). And that the room's not ready, but we can grab lunch in the Mansion restaurant (ok).

When we're there we are met by the butler who welcomes us and asks how we're doing. (Well, thank you). We inquires about our room and we tell him it's not ready (he was asking to bring up the bags) and that we're stuck in building 1 which was mildly disappointing, but it's cool since we're here and there's worse places to be. He tells us to give him a few minutes. 15 minutes later he returns with news that our room is now ready and we're now in Building 4 in Room 43. Odd given that "no rooms were available" but magic abounds perhaps. Or maybe the check in staffer was unaware. Either way we're set.

The room is great. Typical layout with 1.5 bathrooms, tub, bed, big balcony with hot tub (which is boiling during the day due to direct sun), and a sitting room, etc. One thing I do like about building four is that it's directly in the middle of the resort and there's one less flight of stairs to shuttle the wife (in heels) up and down. Aside from Building 8 (quietest and best views), it's my new favorite.

DINING AND FANTASY MENU

Resorts are operating on all cylinders with full staff and options available. First night was at Pearl whose menu has changed (more options) from last month. Very nice three course meal and bottle of champagne selected by Miguel based on preferences (which he remembered).

Second night was Suki. Same expansion of the menu. They had brought out the bottle for the wife (what she didn't finish the first night and would do so two more nights until it was gone...for context, I don't drink much and prefer Dr.Pepper over wine/champagne but she likes a glass of bubbles on occasion). Our preference remains Suki (over Pearl) and we ate there the final night with two other couples we met during the visit. Staff is wonderful and on the last night the chef brought the wife a special dessert plate with "we'll miss you, safe travels ..." written in chocolate. They truly are wonderful.

Our third night's dinner was in the Mansion and it was nice. We dined with a few small groups (in dining room) and it was very nice. Fresh fish for me while she had some sort of chicken thing. Both very good as was the dessert.

Fourth night's dinner was off the fantasy menu. They came to our room and set up on the balcony. Table is like a traditional Indian restaurant where you sit on the pallet made with pillows and such with all manner of lights, accessories, etc set up around it. Miguel is there to conduct a wine and tequila tasting and is assisted by the sous chef and his assistant/server.

Appetizer was a sampling of several traditional Mexican offerings and was very good. They were each paired with a red wine by Miguel. Then we moved to tortilla soup and tequila tasting. Then main course with champagne selection and tomahawk steak (split between us) prepared on the deck with butter, etc. Dessert was apple tarts and apple strudel and ice cream.

Had the evening stopped there it would have been terrific. Good food. Good company. And a chance to learn about different things from Miguel and the staff (we discussed wine, the origins of tequila, and several other topics with each). But...it's Desire and there's always something extra it seems (at least when your wife is in charge of planning the special evening). In that past we've done the champagne dinner and so I expected something similar...and was almost on point. After hanging out on the porch and chatting, she heads into the room where the curtains are drawn. Lights are now red. After a few the butler walks out laughing and says I can go in now. I walk in and turn right toward the bedroom. There have been some changes made to the room. Bed is made but there are now rose petals. There's a chair/lounger set up. And, as mentioned, the lights all have red bulbs in them. There's also a stunning young lady dressed in a type of lingerie/flowing getup standing next to my similarly attired wife. In short, she sprung for the stripper fantasy experience (the menu name and what it appeared as on the post check out itemized bill). Anyway, how 'bout those Yankees?

SPA

As part of the membership we are able to visit the spa each trip for some various treatments. We usually opt for a "fun" massage and then a traditional, relaxing version. Used to do the deep tissue, but went with a relaxing one this time. Both were fun. The fun version was the bondage option with two female technicians - something we learned a few trips ago in terms of preference. Anyway, the optics, audio, and whole experience can be quite entertaining if you're into that kind of thing. As for the traditional relaxing massage, it's very well done. I nodded off twice I think. We book it for the day we leave so that we're relaxed before dealing with the headaches of travel (I'm looking at you, ATL TSA) and it helps.

Elected to forego the other treatments (manicures and pedicures) due to time constraints (check out at noon, car coming at 1, etc).

MISC OBSERVATIONS

The nightly entertainment changed a bit this time as well. The DJs were trying new things, and in general I hope they keep trying. Too many songs that were difficult to dance to or even enjoy. It was hit or miss in the night club, but in general not too bad. Better than the pre-show in the lobby.

The crowd in general this time was somewhat polarized at the beginning from what we encountered in the sense of experienced. Lots of first timers there. Average age around 50 (ish) were I to hazard a guess. In general lots of people to chat with and have a good time with.

Only one creepy dude encounter this time though when he walks up to a group of women and - unsolicited - explains how he's going to spend some quality alone time to them when he wakes up...you know you're dealing with a true expert in the field of romance/game/etc. Or not. Perhaps that works in areas of the world in which we've never inhabited, but on this day it evoked some epic eye rolls.

Theme nights were a lot of fun. Didn't get to do neon night this time but did get to participate in ABC and Pimps and Hoes. Not a huge fan of ABC (lack of creativity), but still had a good time. We continued to find that the majority of our luggage is comprised of either costumes or - more accurately - her shoe collection to match said costumes. Still, it's a highlight for us.

We were solicited to do the catamaran tour but declined. Maybe in August. Next month we're taking the resort boat/yacht/whatever out for a day (July 3rd) and will report on that. Couple that went said it was fun, but a bit long (six hours) and they report that your experience will be highly colored by whomever you share the trip with, which makes sense.

We did request a late checkout (which is also included in the membership) and were told that "sure, but we will need you to make a donation to the local charity". Don't mind doing it, but the quid pro quo aspect was somewhat off-putting. Especially since it's included (subject to availability), but I still contributed and would do so again without the added 'under duress' aspect of it.

As I noted in the other forum, the dock is completely removed at this point. Was told the plan is to have the replacement installed within a month or so. That seems brave given that hurricane season is coming, but I assume that's been factored into the calculous.

The playmakers were terrific as usual. We enjoyed volleyball, beach volleyball, and water polo along. She enjoyed the dance lessons, events, etc (No, I'm not getting up and joining in. Not my scene.). Kia's acrobatics show was amazing. On the last night Cesar and Wally (formerly Eddie) hosted a show in the disco that was something different and drew a lot of laughs. Always fun to catch up with Candice, Charlie, and Yuni, of course.

We're looking forward to next month for 4th of July already.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Re: Pearl Trip Report May 28-June 2, 2021

Postby bugsby » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:42 pm

Many thanks for the fantastic report!! It is extremely informative and helpful!
If we may, we did have 2 questions:
1) Did the stripper offer any "extras"?
2) Are happy endings still available with the "fun" massage?
Thanks so much in advance for your response!
bugsby

Postby CenterofTexas » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:26 pm

Thank you for the informative report!
100% Texans
CenterofTexas
Desire Convert

Postby tj71903 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:41 am

bugsby wrote:Many thanks for the fantastic report!! It is extremely informative and helpful!

No, she isn’t engaging in prostitution.
No, the massage is more of a work up than anything else.

It’s about you and you’re significant other. The extras are meant to enhance that.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby tandainla » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:38 pm

We tried to send you a PM but it doesn't want to leave our Outbox so everyone will get to read our message here.

First, I must say that we have been loving your trip reports. We only wish that we lived on the east coast so that we could visit half as frequently as you (if we were closer, I have no doubt that we would be members). It looks like we're going to be at Pearl this same week (we will be there June 30th - July 7th) so we wanted to reach out and say hello in advance.

We also have a question as it looks like you've experienced a couple of the different massage options. What are the differences between the erotic massage and the bondage massage? And in the bondage massage, how much (or how tightly) do they restrain you (are we talking a few straps or Shibari bondage ropes)?

Just to give context that might vary how you respond, we are mid-40s and have been LS for 20 years (but it's more about friendships and experiences than putting a notch in the bedpost). We've been to Desire RM several times but this will be our firm trip to Pearl. We've always had a great time at RM but never used any of the spa / massage services because they were shorter trips or we were meeting up with friends. With the longer stay, we plan to use the spa a couple times on this trip.

Thanks!
tandainla
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 30 Jun 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS SDC LL

Postby texascouple1208 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:17 pm

tandainla wrote:We tried to send you a PM but it doesn't want to leave our Outbox so everyone will get to read our message here.

I actually welcome seeing your post and their response, so no worries there, but I think for future reference, PMs show up in your outbox until the other user reads it or something like that. It is not necessarily the case that it wasn't sent.
SDC and Kasidie: twofrisky
Next up: RM July 7-11
texascouple1208
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Jul 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby tj71903 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:31 am

tandainla wrote:We tried to send you a PM but it doesn't want to leave our Outbox so everyone will get to read our message here.

First, I must say that we have been loving your trip reports. We only wish that we lived on the east coast so that we could visit half as frequently as you (if we were closer, I have no doubt that we would be members). It looks like we're going to be at Pearl this same week (we will be there June 30th - July 7th) so we wanted to reach out and say hello in advance.

We also have a question as it looks like you've experienced a couple of the different massage options. What are the differences between the erotic massage and the bondage massage? And in the bondage massage, how much (or how tightly) do they restrain you (are we talking a few straps or Shibari bondage ropes)?

Just to give context that might vary how you respond, we are mid-40s and have been LS for 20 years (but it's more about friendships and experiences than putting a notch in the bedpost). We've been to Desire RM several times but this will be our firm trip to Pearl. We've always had a great time at RM but never used any of the spa / massage services because they were shorter trips or we were meeting up with friends. With the longer stay, we plan to use the spa a couple times on this trip.

Thanks!

Email on this thing is hit or miss at best it seems. We didn't get one, so no worries.

Thanks for the kind words on the reports. It's been a fun way to document, remember, and learn as we visit more and more. Not sure we will maintain the frequency once the world opens back up fully, but in the interim we're having a blast and are booked through next July I think. As you said, it's an easy 4-5 hour travel day to get there and back.

Yes, we will be in around early afternoon on the 1st and departing on the 7th. We're in the Mansion for that one (I believe) but will be at the pool in our regular chairs (by the volleyball net) daily. Happy to say "hello".

Regarding the erotic massages, we've done the five senses (NO), the bondage, and the regular erotic. The bondage they have leg and arm restraints that connect to the table and/or each other (i.e. wrists to ankles). Generally the guy has his hands tied above his head and legs to table. The lady gets more attention as she's restrained in several different positions over the course of an hour while they go to work on her. I admit I laugh when they restrain my arms as my head goes to figuring out how to best untie/loosen myself as if I'm in some sort of action movie. Kind of my own challenge to get in the mood, but half the time I'm laughing at the absurdity of it. What can I say?

Truth be told we've not been to RM yet. Maybe at some point in the future, but we like Pearl and have no desire to branch out at the moment. Plus we've heard RM has a lot more "spring break" vibe to it which is a turnoff for us. We like to party, cut loose, etc, but there's still a matter of manners and decorum and too often we've seen people who can't hold their alcohol and who forget themselves (or maybe they reveal themselves?) because of it. To each their own, but we have no time for that nonsense.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby The J's » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:36 pm

tj71903 wrote:
bugsby wrote:Many thanks for the fantastic report!! It is extremely informative and helpful!

No, she isn’t engaging in prostitution.
No, the massage is more of a work up than anything else.

It’s about you and you’re significant other. The extras are meant to enhance that.

This is an amazing response to often asked questions. Just perfect.
KIK: JLCLV
The J's
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 14 Aug 2020

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl