August 2021 - This was our 5th stay and most likely our last

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

August 2021 - This was our 5th stay and most likely our last

Postby Faaaq2 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:07 pm

This was our 5th stay and most likely will be our last.

1. We spent the first 2 1/2 days fighting to get Wi-Fi service in our room (Building 7 has no Wi-Fi or cell service). Continuously being told that they were working on it. We ended up having to pay for an upgraded room to get the availably of Wi-Fi.
2. On two afternoons and nights, room service / turndown service took picked up our used towels, but never replaced them. So we had absolutely NO towels. When I went to the front desk I was told that they didn't have any and no one would be in laundry service until 7:30 AM in the morning.
3. Towels were not available at the jacuzzi on 4 nights. On one evening there were no towels at the jacuzzi at 9:00 pm. No one wanted to use the beds because of this and people just gave up and went back to their rooms. I even asked the bartender (he was very nice) and still no towels.
4. The food menu in all of the restaurants was the same every night. There used to be a changing food style every night (French, Italian, etc). The quality of the Buffet has turned to that of a food court cafeteria. On four nights I tried to get Lobster (at 8:00 pm) and was told it was unavailable. There are times during the day when no food is available at all.
5. When we checked in we asked if any of the restaurants would be closed on any night and were told "NO". However APHRODITE was closed without notice one night.
6. The PLAY MAKERS are Fantastic!! Thank you Candice, you are great.
7. The Disco entertainment on 3 evenings was really good on three nights. On the other nights it appeared to be the same show with different costumes. On one evening it was amateurish at best. On Latin Night most people walked out on the entertainment. When dancing started there were only about 8 couples left and the terrible DJ made most of those them give up and leave right away.

We weren't the only ones that noticed how service and quality are slipping.
Faaaq2
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS - Kasidie

Re: August 2021 - This was our 5th stay and most likely our

Postby tj71903 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:18 pm

For context can you provide some details in terms of Room classification, who told you no, etc?
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby RJOC » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 pm

I would also say that due to the active Pandemic, they may be having difficulties with staffing and availability of supplies.

The world is hurting right now, and I suggest we be exercise patience.
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Postby JKWisco » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:58 pm

RJOC wrote:I would also say that due to the active Pandemic, they may be having difficulties with staffing and availability of supplies.

I would totally agree, anywhere we have been going has been so short staffed that the wait staff is even busing their own tables. I heard one say that their whole day they only got $3 in tips, it is rough right now and all menus are stripped down sadly. Hopefully this turns around soon so that we can start to get back to some normal.
JKWisco

Postby CokeMann » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:57 pm

RJOC wrote:I would also say that due to the active Pandemic, they may be having difficulties with staffing and availability of supplies.

:L :L
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby LuckySevens » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:54 pm

100%

And, ya know, a lil hurricane thing a few days before… man… a little perspective sure goes a long way. If it was your last stay, that might be for the best.
Pearl: 11/20, 3/21, 3/22, 3/23, 6/23, 3/24
RM: 6/21
LuckySevens
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 14 Jun 2023

Postby Faaaq2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 pm

We paid quite a bit for the 7 days we stayed. Be it the hurricane, the pandemic, staffing issues or any other reason, there is still an expectation of 4 star service. I fully sympathize with the issues that have hit the resort, but at the same time, if you can't provide 4 star service don't charge for it. At the very least let the guests know that there are issues that they are dealing with so you can take that into account.
Faaaq2
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 11 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS - Kasidie

Postby RJOC » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:48 pm

Faaaq2 wrote:We paid quite a bit for the 7 days we stayed. Be it the hurricane, the pandemic, staffing issues or any other reason, there is still an expectation of 4 star service. I fully sympathize with the issues that have hit the resort, but at the same time, if you can't provide 4 star service don't charge for it. At the very least let the guests know that there are issues that they are dealing with so you can take that into account.

The pandemic and hurricane were well publicized happenings - a little forethought might be needed on your part and lowering of your expectations based on these events might have been prudent.

I know we wouldn't expect the same sort of service considering these occurrences - we would have postponed our trip!
RJOC
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2024

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl